Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Lith! ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
Time for a recovery mission. ;D

Indeed. 8)

Rhombaad said:
From what I can tell on the 2nd to last page it seems we won't get Episode 253 until March 25th... :'(

Yes, one month break.

Woland said:
I wonder what Serpico thinks of all this? And I do believe he handed over the feather sword on page 4, since there's two weapons/sheaths, one of which is definately larger than a dagger.

Yeah, he did. I can't believe there are people still talking about that...

So finally, the families alliance through wedding is how it will be... Quite a sacrifice for a simple boat if you ask me.

Woland said:
Oh well, I suppose they'll have to go get Farnese back. Hmm, it has been a long time since Guts attended a ball, hasn't it?

I have a feeling that Magnifico and his black haired friend are going to get punched in the face in the next episode.

Smith said:
It pretty obvious that Miura, like Guts, is resting... He had been taking break so often recently...

He has always been taking time off for as far as I can remember, but these days he seems to concentrate them. Let's not forget that the team is changing soon, he has to recruit new people.

S

Some Guy

heh, I liked the Puck and Iverella spy mission...

Judging by their reaction, it looks like Manifico and his accomplice are up to something fishy and Guts'll be taking some action

Also, did Casca drop the scroll into the fire, that's what it kind of looked like.

Akin

MOOO!!!
But it reminds me too much of all the bitching when Guts first got the Berserk's Armor, when people apparently thought Guts' face was going to be covered by a skull mask the rest of the story.

People actually thought that? Wow, that's stupid

Yay, new EPISODE! ..... Oh crap, no translation yet =( and I don't want to spoil it by reading ahead... what is this new Beherit thing they want me to buy? And where can I order book 28? Sasuga books didn't have it available for preorder, and I'm allergic to the search feature....

Woland said:
My favorite part was Casca sucking on Puck's head.

If you paid attention, that started on the last few pages of last episode.

Woland said:
Oh well, I suppose they'll have to go get Farnese back. Hmm, it has been a long time since Guts attended a ball, hasn't it?

^_^ Yah, volume 8, which should be out in the US by July.

ballsmile.jpg

(thanks Aaz)
So Yeah, a bit over twenty volumes :eek: ago! When Guts still worked for Griffith, and casca was sane and wearing a dress. Wowza!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some Guy said:
heh, I liked the Puck and Iverella spy mission...

Same here, can't get enough Elf action. 8)

Some Guy said:
Judging by their reaction, it looks like Magnifico and his accomplice are up to something fishy and Guts'll be taking some action

The guy calls himself something like "Roderick [unknown] Stefan" (let's call him Roderick, the rest is unsure), he's a navy commander, the third successor of some royal family (named "Îsu") and an university friend of some sort of Magnifico. And he's planning to marry Farnese as I said (they're engaged already). In one shot he strangely reminds me of the Snake Baron...

Some Guy said:
Also, did Casca drop the scroll into the fire, that's what it kind of looked like.

Yes, she did. This scroll would have allowed the band to requisition any ship in Vritannis and use it. Guts anyway says that a single boat wouldn't be enough for the reward of feeding and taking care of Casca, so he's obviously planning to go and take Farnese back. He says so while the scroll rolls to the fire, showing in my opinion that he doesn't care about the boat at all in the current situation.

When Serpico hands back the equipment, Guts tells him he could at least give them a reason, but he refuses. Then he asks him about their postponed fight, but Serpico replies that it isn't necessary anymore.

Akin said:
People actually thought that? Wow, that's stupid

Unfortunately, there's a lot of stupid things that people think/will think/thought you know.

Akin said:
what is this new behelit thing they want me to buy?

We gave the information some weeks ago, they're silver beherit cellphone straps, and only for senior Young Animal subscribers.

Akin said:
And where can I order book 28? Sasuga books didn't have it available for preorder, and I'm allergic to the search feature...

Yesasia.com has it for pre-order, Sasuga books will probably take orders on the day of the release (monday).

S

Some Guy

Ah thank you, Aazealh. After reading the translation it's a bit more clear.

Anyone have an idea on how Guts will do it? Will he barge in or will he be a bit more subtle?

Also will Serpico be OK with the engagement? He seems to trust Farnase's decisions, so he probably will

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some Guy said:
Anyone have an idea on how Guts will do it? Will he barge in or will he be a bit more subtle?

My bet would be subtle and polite, with a few punches and kicks here and there to help convincing the skepticals.

Some Guy said:
Also will Serpico be OK with the engagement? He seems to trust Farnese's decisions, so he probably will

Well, according to Schierke when she touched him, she felt that he was rather hesitant about the whole business himself.

Roderick is my kind of guy. I just hope Farnese's engagement isn't annulled because he dies in the prophesized destruction of the city (Guts' plan notwithstanding).

I think Serpico is taking this harder then he is showing. He didn't look too happy when he saw the elves flying away.. I'd personally like to see Serpico go kick Roderick's ass, and let Guts and the rest deal with the gaurds or whatever happens.

The questiong is, is Farnese bullshitting her brother and Roderick?? She seems kind of fake towards them.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Mage said:
Roderick is my kind of guy. I just hope Farnese's engagement isn't annulled because he dies in the prophesized destruction of the city (Guts' plan notwithstanding).

Yeah, he actually seems to be a decent guy, and given his lineage, Roderick may be a semi-major player in the story. Or perhaps not, so hard to tell after just a few pages of dialogue.

Mepheiz

Thats a negative, Ghostrider
Roderick is the man with the fleet and he seems to be into Farnase's. When Guts puts an end to their marriage plans, maybe our boy Rod gives them a ship to win points with Farnese.

I wonder what Magnifico gains with marrying his sister to Roderick, besides strengthening their friendship?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Is it bizzare that my first guess is that it will be revealed that Roderick was Magnifico's gay lover and this arranged marrage is a plot for magnifico to take over the kingdom by proxy?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wereallmad said:
Is it bizzare that my first guess is that it will be revealed that Roderick was Magnifico's gay lover and this arranged marrage is a plot for magnifico to take over the kingdom by proxy?

Well, not to say that isn't likely, but Aazealh brought to my attention the interesting fact that Roderick is the Captain of the Navy, so he's probably the reason they got a permit for a ship in the first place. Meaning he could still be helpful in that regard.

Especially in the confusion of a Kushan sea attack.

Well, not to say that isn't likely, but Aazealh brought to my attention the interesting fact that Roderick is the Captain of the Navy, so he's probably the reason they got a permit for a ship in the first place. Meaning he could still be helpful in that regard.

Especially in the confusion of a Kushan sea attack.

Oh his in the Navy? Yup that proves Wereallmad theory about Roderick being Magnifico's gay lover. ::)

BiQ_

" ... "
Guts - I'd like to say it's something she decided on her own..

This might be minor thing concerning the outcome of this situation, but am I seeing things or does Guts think of himself at the time he left the original band of the hawk and later understood that it might have been the (retrospectively) stupidest thing he had ever done, trying to leave people behind?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BiQ-- said:
This might be minor thing concerning the outcome of this situation, but am I seeing things or does Guts think of himself at the time he left the original band of the hawk

This line is hard to convey well into English, the point is that Guts actually doubts that it's what she really wants (maybe adding a "but" at the end of the line would help catching the feeling better). During his talk about arranged weddings before that, he shows that he more or less guessed what the situation really is. That's why he decides to go and take her back without thinking much about it.

It can't really be compared to his own leaving of the Hawks in my opinion, since she sort of sacrifices herself for them, while she would like to stay with them. Back then, he had wanted to free himself of Griffith and do something on his own, in spite of his feelings toward them all. There's a nuance.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Guts doesn't seem so selfless to me. He decided that Farnese was a DID (Damsel in Distress) at the very last page (before he had many doubts about to leave things like they are or not) when he saw that Casca without Farnese was totally impossible to handle

These words speak volumes:

Guts - A ship in exchange for taking care of Casca and a good meal just doesn't add up

With all this Serpico and Farnese talk, I can never really figure out just who Farnese is really attracted to. There's been instances where she'll lean on Gutts and blush. There was also her being possessed and getting on top of him naked. But then again, she and Serpico (I think..) were in love at a time but then their relationship just turned into a Master - Slave thing. That Farnese, she's a hard nut to crack.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
Guts doesn't seem so selfless to me. He decided that Farnese  was a DID (Damsel in Distress) at the very last page (before he had many doubts about to leave things like they are or not) when he saw that Casca without Farnese was totally impossible to handle

These words speak volumes:

Guts - A ship in exchange for taking care of Casca and a good meal just doesn't add up

Like Aaz said, Guts was using an expression, and while I don't think he's a selfless saint either, the point is that he recognizes Farnese's value and loyalty to the "family," something that's very important to her. He knows she isn't just leaving them, as Isidro commented, but making a sacrifice, one he doesn't think is healthy for them. He even said that if he thought it was something she actually wanted, he wouldn't interfere in her personal business.

I'm just curious if he'll remind her, "You swore your sword to me." ;D

Tell Me Why said:
With all this Serpico and Farnese talk, I can never really figure out just who Farnese is really attracted to. There's been instances where she'll lean on Guts  and blush. There was also her being possessed and getting on top of him naked. But then again, she and Serpico (I think..) were in love at a time but then their relationship just turned into a Master - Slave thing. That Farnese, she's a hard nut to crack.

Well, Serpico being her brother obviously makes that scenario a little awkward and difficult, as Serpico already found out. And since the end of the Birth Rite episode, Farnese has basically turned Guts into a deified father figure; she lives for his validation.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
The man with the helmet of a beast concealing his features; The too-beautiful man who wins himself a kingdom; and now, through this marriage, a brother and sister in line to inherit a throne. I must peruse Guin Saga once more...there seem to be many overlapping plot points here. :-X

EDIT: WUI, so don't take it too seriously :-[

Top Bottom