Episode 252

Akin

MOOO!!!
This Roderick character seems like a nice guy... which in Berserk makes me suspicious. He's either not as cool as he acts or something bad is going to happen to him (er... well between Guts and what's going to happen to this city soon, that's mostly a given).

Aazealh said:
In one shot he strangely reminds me of the Snake Baron...
:eek:

(which shot?)

Aazealh said:
He says so while the scroll rolls to the fire, showing in my opinion that he doesn't care about the boat at all in the current situation.
You think so? It looked to me like he was pondering it before the scroll rolled into the fire, its just Casca "finalised" it (because now they don't have a choice).

Aazealh said:
I gave the information some weeks ago, they're silver behelit cellphone straps, and only for senior Young Animal subscribers.
Oh. Strange, I don't even remember seeing them... I'm not a YA subscriber... just cellphone straps? I currently don't have a cell phone with a clip, so it would be of no use.... those grapes were probably sower anyways... ::)

Aazealh said:
Yesasia.com has it for pre-order, Sasuga books will probably take orders on the day of the release (monday).

I ordered 11-20 last Monday, as well as an art book, or something, and they said it would take 3-4 weeks for them to get it from Japan. Maybe I should tell them that they might as well drop the 2nd day shipping :'( .... I guess I'll order vol. 21-28 from them when they get 28 anyways... :-\ They should really have listed on their site wether something is in stock or not...

"Griffith No More!" said:
Like Aaz said, Guts was using an expression, and while I don't think he's a selfless saint either...

Technically speaking, Guts is a murderous bastard. ;D

Just remember:
nowander2.jpg

Someone posted something about next ep. being the fourth week next month. I wondered where they got this from, then I looked at the last page: 3/25 *sigh*

Ok, on to usefull speculation about next episode. (Or would this go in speculation nation. Its only next episode, so it goes here, right?) What would Gut's best plan of action be? He needs two things: 1. Farnese; and 2. a boat. Short of another "come with me if you want to live" line, and stealing a boat, how about would he go about doing this.

... somehow, I have the feeling aaz is going to edit this and/or give me another PM telling me that I suck. ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
(which shot?)

The close-up on Farnese' face. There's also a Mozgus-like quality to it, IMO.

Akin said:
It looked to me like he was pondering it before the scroll rolled into the fire, its just Casca "finalised" it (because now they don't have a choice).

No, I really don't think it just comes down to them not having the choice, see Griffith's previous post.

Akin said:
Oh. Strange, I don't even remember seeing them...

That's because they were especially released by AoW for the occasion.

Akin said:
Just remember:

You know, he didn't mean that like he'd kill her, but that the spectres would.

Akin said:
...somehow, I have the feeling aaz is going to edit this and/or give me another PM telling me that I suck.

No fake allegations please, even for a joke. And as long as you post correctly (no double post or unnecessary 2-miles-long quotes for example), I shouldn't have to edit anything. ;)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Mepheiz said:
When Guts puts an end to their marriage plans, maybe our boy Rod gives them a ship to win points with Farnese.
I was thinking something similar.
Something along the lines of Roderick saying,"It takes more than a few inexperienced people to crew a whole ship. If I may, I could help, and bring a crew."
Something about the guy seems very friendly, and with the link Roberto999 showed it would seem it may lead to something, hopfully.
It seems likely that even though they no longer have the scroll for a boat, that Roderick is to still be the one to help them. Trying to tag along to be near Farnese.

D

darkbane

Headless Death said:
I was thinking something similar.
Something along the lines of Roderick saying,"It takes more than a few inexperienced people to crew a whole ship. If I may, I could help, and bring a crew."
Something about the guy seems very friendly, and with the link Roberto999 showed it would seem it may lead to something, hopfully.
It seems likely that even though they no longer have the scroll for a boat, that Roderick is to still be the one to help them. Trying to tag along to be near Farnese.

Everyone keeps saying that he is such a nice guy. Well, his compliments are pretty strong, like a double extra layer of makeup, but all that says is that he was educated well in flattery. He also has a rough side to him, maybe honest/blunt, but selfless sacrifice out of love for Farnese, whom he has just met (engagement and marriage, being political in this case, does not equal dedicated love), by offering up a boat and crew to boot but not getting Farnese for it, doesn't seem like something he or anyone would do. (Of course, judging character from five lines of dialogue is a bit problematic to begin with.)

A more interesting alternative path would be kidnapping him and thus securing a ship ^_^

Also, I too would like to see Guts dress up once again. Just wonder if he'll have to force his way in since he has no invitation to the engagement party.

Farnese is hot, plain and simple. Looks do strange things to a man sometimes. Look at Serpico, her half brother for example. :-X It appears now that Roderick is along for the ride, for that thought that most men have and don't even realise. The thought of no matter how big or small the chance, I might get me some. Which brings up the point that we do not really know a whole lot about the inner workings of Farnese. It appears at first that she is trying to help her new family by sacrificing herself simply for transportation. At first it also seemed that Griffith simply wanted to be a king, not to turn into uber torture rule the world with a fist, not even my own Griffith. So what if Farnese has a plan and deserves an Oscar? That would be the best reward for such a good actress to trick everyone in the story and the gazillions that read it, yes? ;D

Oh well, I just thought because of the circumstances presented in this chapter that it would be quite entertaining to have Farnese go overboard. She has so many things to think about now, with her new and old family, her new and old lover, many things she should have never seen following Guts. She might just totally break down and go into the nut house, or split herself and the happy, mild mannered Farnese be kicked to the curb by the evil, maniacal, man hungry, money whore Farnese. You never know. Berserk is an awesome world where anything can happen. ;D

- C

PS. Just my thoughts on the chapter, yes, not conventional, but have I ever been? 8)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
In hopes of trying to bring this episode back on topic, I will talk about the strange "sucking" that is going on in this episode.

*this is not in chronological order, but close to it*

1) Casca is sucking on puck's head - pg 3

2) Isidro sucks on note/letter thing serpico gives -pg 4

3) Casca sucking on note thing - pg 21

4) Fruit prince sucking on Farn's hand - pg 14

5) Farn thinking of sucking the fruit prince - pg 18

Analysis : None

Summery : Casca seems to like things in her mouth, built into her subconscious now because of guts?

P.S. I actully did read a little more then just 65% of the entire thread, but to say that I read 70% would be pushing the buck.

Other responses:

About as long as I expect Farnese to be gone. =)

Does this mean Serpico will go too?! :)

Farnese is hot, plain and simple. Looks do strange things to a man sometimes... At first it also seemed that Griffith simply wanted to be a king, not to turn into uber torture rule the world with a fist, not even my own Griffith.

I dont understand your point. Are these connected somehow?

Posted by: Uziel Posted on: February 28, 2005, 10:44:51 PM

I dont understand your point. Are these connected somehow?

Why yes Uziel. ;D I will break it down for you. My main point was is she just doing the Roderick thing for Guts and co, or is there a more deeper hidden agenda? There is a high % chance she was just trying to help with the transportation, but you never know in Berserk. :) That is all I was saying. I guess I kinda overexpanded a tad, but I like to write short stories and sometimes that catches up to me. I like to explain more than I should, sorry.

- C

Sometimes I just say more about a subject, just what comes to mind at the time. Sorry :(. Thats why when I have spare time, which isn't very often, I like to make things such as avatars, music videos, etc. I need to get a Berserk shirt, the closest thing I have is this:
super_c.jpg

It is not Berserk, but that's all I have. :'(

To get back on topic, I am just curious as to whether her actions will be short lived, only a few chapters, or will the story maybe change to Griffith or the Hawks. Will guts come in and kick ass, or will we see a super slick Guts? I can't wait til the next chapter! ;D I get so caught up in it.

- C :D

To get back on topic, I am just curious as to whether her actions will be short lived, only a few episodes, or will the story maybe change to Griffith or the Hawks. Will guts come in and kick ass, or will we see a super slick Guts? I can't wait til the next episode! Grin I get so caught up in it.

I'm not sure, but I don't remember a point in berserk when there has been such a change of focus, going from a story line to another while in the middle of something (kindof cliffhanger). It doesn't seem to be the author style. We have still to assist to the destruction of the city. For it to take place during a ball or the wedding of Farnese doesn't seem too far-fetched

Miura's art has evolved so much sinse the beginning of Berserk. He definatly has a set style now, and it is actually become quite unique. The art is really what draws me into Berserk. Never have I seen characters in a cartoon with such life and expression.

Getting back on topic, I'm wondering if Roderick is acting charming now, but saving his sexual desires for when he and Farnese are alone.....

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Given Guts' statement, I must abandon the theory of group division. I now side with Saiyajin's theory (concerning the Great Escape)with a slight twist; Guts will indeed break into the Vandimion Manor, disrupt the wedding, punch Roderick in the nose(for looking too much like Gaston), grab Farnese, and run off into the night. Manny and Roddy will be livid, and send out a few platoons to bring 'em back. Among the group will be Serpico, both relieved at the sudden anullment and angry about Guts' lack of concern for Farnese's standing with her family. The deal goes down when Guts and Farnese meet up with the rest of the "family" at the city square. Just as they are reunited, the guards from the manor show up, along with Serpico. Serp is about to square off with Guts-who makes a flippant remark about having their duel after all-when all hell breaks loose in the form of the prophesied destruction. Guts-kazoku, with both Farnese and Serpico back in the fold, flee the confusion as the entire platoon of guards is being slaughtered. Boat? We don't need no stinkin' boat! ;D

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
nah, they just turn in the paper, and collect the boat and crew before rescuing farnese... then make their getaway on the boat.

BTW, we need character names in the spellchecker

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Majin Tenshi said:
nah, they just turn in the paper, and collect the boat and crew before rescuing farnese... then make their getaway on the boat.

Casca dropped the paper into the fire, so it's gone.

We need a plot-checker. :)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Majin Tenshi said:

I know that it automatically corrects the spelling for Guts when you post, I'm not sure about the other characters' names though.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Hrm... I saw it roll towards the fire, but wasn't clear that it actually dropped in...
I figured that Miura woulda shown it burning or something if it actually got destroyed...
It seemed more like "gyea!  its rolling towards the fire!  We need that... better not let Casca play with it anymore..."
I'd think if it was burning they'd be scrambling to save it rather then listen to Guts...

but even if it burned they can probably get it replaced...
"hey, y'know, we feel really stupid about this... our crazy girl kinda got ahold of it and dropped it in the fire... could we have another copy please?"

it corrects the spelling for Guts cause Guts is a word.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Majin Tenshi said:
Hrm... I saw it roll towards the fire, but wasn't clear that it actually dropped in...
I figured that Miura woulda shown it burning or something if it actually got destroyed...
It seemed more like "gyea!  its rolling towards the fire!  We need that... better not let Casca play with it anymore..."
I'd think if it was burning they'd be scrambling to save it rather then listen to Guts...

It burned in the fire. =)

Majin Tenshi said:
it corrects the spelling for Guts cause Guts is a word.

I think he's referring to the fact that most incorrect spellings of Guts' name have been censored to "Guts" to help those stubborn and overly sentimental people that still haven't adjusted to the inaccuracy of their years old fansubs and bad scanlations. A trick I originally implemented myself, I believe. ;D

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
"Griffith No More!" said:
I think he's referring to the fact that most incorrect spellings of Guts' name have been censored to "Guts" to help those stubborn and overly sentimental people that still haven't adjusted to the inaccuracy of their years old fansubs and bad scanlations. A trick I originally implemented myself, I believe. ;D

You would be correct, sir. ;D

So Guts will certainly go back for Farnese now, being that she is starting to become alot more useful lately on top of having potential as a magic user. When Guts goes back for her, this will be the first real time since Qliphoth that he made it clear to her he believed she was useful. In that sense going out of his way to get her back would show she really does mean enough to him to cause trouble and get her back, which might very well raise her feelings for him up alot more... should be interesting.

At first I wondered if Serpico was also skeptical of Farnese leaving the group because he was becoming more acquired to everyone and the lifestyle, which is strange seeing he never really seemed to be in Guts's group voluntarily dispite accepting Farneses wishes to live Guts's lifestyle early on. A very plasuable idea to why he is not happy about it is not that at all, but rather not pleased with having to stand back and her finally get married. Couldn't blame him, it would be a very difficult thing to watch someone you Love go down that path.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I know that it automatically corrects the spelling for Guts when you post, I'm not sure about the other characters' names though.

The other names also. If people can't write Guts correctly, I let you imagine what it's like for Schierke.

Majin Tenshi said:

That's the point of the scene. They don't care about the scroll, because they don't consider leaving without Farnese and Serpico. I posted about that earlier.

Sparnage said:
So Guts will certainly go back for Farnese now

Yeah, now that he said so, he'll certainly do it. ::)

Sparnage said:
A very plasuable idea to why he is not happy about it is not that at all, but rather not pleased with having to stand back and her finally get married. Couldn't blame him, it would be a very difficult thing to watch someone you Love go down that path.

I think he just wants her to be happy, and she obviously won't be by leaving her friends and new-found way of life so suddenly.

Seems to be a fair bit of speculation about this new Roderick character, I'll stick by what I said earlier that I do not trust noblemen/women. He does however look like a good guy, but those overblown romantic gestures are worrying lol.

As for the marriage, I'm split down the middle as to whether they will marry or not, she might fall for Rod you know.

And to be honest, if she has learnt magic or continues to, she might be able to contact Schierke over a distance (but it might be too long).

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that if Farnese marries Wodewick(bad Monty Python joke), she will have little choice but to abandon her magic studies.(1.) First and Foremost, she will no longer be able to travel with her sensei, Schierke.
(2.) Court life is very busy. You have to stay on top of all the rumours and innuendoes, not to mention surviving various intrigues long enough to plot counter-intrigues.

Why isn't Roderick married already? As third in line to the throne, its not like he wouldn't be a useful political marriage-instead, he's proposing to Vandimion's 'Demon Child', who was presumed dead, and whose continued life raises serious questions about her probable dereliction of duty. WHY?!

That Snake Baron resemblance is there for a reason; No, I don't think Roddy's an apostle, but I DO think he'd give the Marquis De Sade a run for his money in the depravity department. Any sane lady of the court would spurn him on the wedding night, causing not only his humiliation, but a black mark on the Schtauffen name as well. But if he hooks up with a pyronymphomaniac who digs self-mutilation-style penance, hey not a word of it is likely to ever leave the bedroom.

Top Bottom