www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread

DirectDK said:

Wow...Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, even if I have often visited the forum and the berserkstatues.com of course :carcus:

so...what to say...Zodd is my favorite character and this is simply the best human "transposition" never seen.

the painting job is absolutely amazing: muscle, veins, skin, the nails even.

Customization is a brilliant idea and the base is great!

I'm curious...the scale is 1/8 :isidro: but, how many inches is that? :???:

Thanks everyone, for all the nice comments! After moving to NY, I only got my Farnese kit and pre-paint over here so I'm going through some major Berserk figure withdrawals! Otherwise, I'm not sure if I would have gotten Zodd painted so soon. I was planning to save him for later because I really like this kit, and for some odd reason I keep wanting to save my better ones for later... Like the Dotou No Tono set (Guts, Griffith, Casca, and Judo)... I don't know when I'll get those done, even though I REALLY want them to be done. Hehe. I dunno, maybe I'm weird!

Zoddit said:
Wow...Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, even if I have often visited the forum and the berserkstatues.com of course :carcus:

so...what to say...Zodd is my favorite character and this is simply the best human "transposition" never seen.

the painting job is absolutely amazing: muscle, veins, skin, the nails even.

Customization is a brilliant idea and the base is great!

Hey there Zoddit! Welcome aboard! Glad you could join us =). About the size, well John is shipping it out to me this week, so when I receive it, I'll let you know!

DirectDK said:
Hey there Zoddit! Welcome aboard! Glad you could join us =). About the size, well John is shipping it out to me this week, so when I receive it, I'll let you know!

Thanks, the pleasure is mine, this forum and your site are my reference points to Berserk world (or abyss?) :beast:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Wow, how could I miss that post? Congrats on that absolutely awesome statue Derek. :isidro:
I want the guy who painted this to paint me a Skullknight. :serpico:

Zoddit said:

Hey Zoddit! Sorry for the delayed response. I measured Zodd today. NOT including the base, he stands 28 cm. According to AOW's website, their Zodd Human Form statue stands 25 cm INCLUDING the base (which is a good inch). So Headlong's 1/8 is indeed bigger than AOW's 1/10, but not by too much.

Here are a few pics for comparison. Unfortunately, I only have two Berserk figures here in NY, so that's all I can show you! =(

zoddgutsflash.jpg

zoddgutsnoflash1.jpg

gutsfarnesefront.jpg

DirectDK said:
Here are a few pics for comparison.

Nice pics, its bigger than I imagined it to be. :isidro: Even more impressed than previously!

Also, that base should complement the new 'Grosnet Zodd' which has a very similar looking one.

DirectDK said:
Hey Zoddit! Sorry for the delayed response. I measured Zodd today. NOT including the base, he stands 28 cm. According to AOW's website, their Zodd Human Form statue stands 25 cm INCLUDING the base (which is a good inch). So Headlong's 1/8 is indeed bigger than AOW's 1/10, but not by too much.

Thanks for the informations Derek, 28 cm is what I expected to be, more or less. I repeat, this Zodd is really impressive, I have an AOW human one but this...what "fearful" piece, I'm jealous. :zodd: :guts:

Alright folks. It's been a while. But I present to you a MAJOR CUSTOMIZATION piece here. SO MUCH TO SAY, but really, why bother??? Really, the pictures can pretty much speak for themselves. So, let's just keep it simple:

John sculpted the Snake Baron Apostle from scratch...​
Visit John's website where he describes the process he went through for this masterpiece!

As for everything else, take a look down below (and of course, there are a butt-load more pictures on my website! Guts with his sword measures a whopping 16" tall! A beautiful Guts kit from the famous Heavy Gauge. But man, when you add the Snake Baron to the mix... just WOW. All I can say is that John is my GOD GIVEN BERSERK GIFT FROM HEAVEN (if that makes any sense at all). Enjoy!

Amazing job (as always i would say) :isidro:!
you know what?in the AOW Questionnaire,this scene was one of my wish for future statue,that's hallucinating :guts:!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, it's really one hell of a diorama, I can't imagine all the work it required from John. Congratulations to you and him both. :guts:

ArcGuts said:
Amazing job (as always i would say) :isidro:!
you know what?in the AOW Questionnaire,this scene was one of my wish for future statue,that's hallucinating :guts:!

Actually, you can thank Aaz for that! He was the one who actually suggested to me to recreate this scene. :guts: And I agree, this scene is a good one to do because people who have only seen the anime can relate to it too!

Top Bottom