Serpico Apostle!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As I like to do every few months, I'm going to rant and rave about Serpico eventually becoming an Apostle. This most recent ramble was brought on by the latest episode, where Serpico again displayed his disdain for Guts and the big fella brought up their duel; their destined confrontation. So forget about the if or how, I'm wondering what Serpico is going to look like WHEN he transforms into a demon. ;)

Now, as well all know, someone's Apostle form is based on their inner demon, and an always accurate indicator as to what this looks like is their armor.

Now let's take a look at Serpico.

serparmor.JPG

That's right, it's a FOX! or something. But I'm going with a fox because Guts himself once compared Serpico to a fox.

With Serpico's possible Foxxyness in question, let's take a look at some foxes.

serpfox.jpg

Well, it looks like Serpico to me. Just imagine this with more drool, sharp teeth, spikes, tentacles and penises and you have a fox apostle.

serpfox2.jpg

Again, imagine it with some Apostle evil and demonic speed thrown in.

Now, check out this quick sketch, an artist's conception if you will, of a Serpico Fox Apostle...

SerpApostleFox.jpg

... or furry.

Again, subtract the gay and throw in some more demonic evil sharp things, and it'd work. =)​

By the way, a natural enemy of the fox is the wolf; so it's definitely gonna happen. ;)

P.S. Random Google image search results:

"Apostle Fox"

fox02.jpg

"Killer Fox"

redfox.jpg

"Demon Fox"

1054698054_dFetishFox.jpg

"Fox God"

fox.jpg

Creepy​

fox_god_concept_upload.jpg

Creepy for different reasons.​

"Space Fox"

fox.jpg

"Star Fox"

images

"Serpico Fox"

6303257844.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

P.P.S. "Jesus, could you stop modifying that piece of shit!" -The Old Ball & Chain

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Now, check out this quick sketch, an artist's conception if you will, of a Serpico Fox Apostle...
SerpApostleFox.jpg

Not much of a "Serpico Apostle" theory fan myself, but I like the exercise, and this picture is especially inspiring I think. I could very well see it in that fashion, were it to happen.

Now, since we're already in a shameless picture-posting fury and before someone else posts it, here's a "Great Demon Fox" picture. ;)

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Now, since we're already in a shameless picture-posting fury and before someone else posts it, here's a "Great Demon Fox" picture. ;)

Awesome find Aaz, but since I hate using my imagination, I put it through my patented Miuramizer! 8)

SerpicoFoxAttack.jpg

Incredible!​

Why, these results are so good, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the very same shot in an episode preview one day. ;)

Griffith

Smith said:
Yet not in his beast form (As shown clearly in your wonderful pics) 8)

And yet not with the strength and speed Serpico would have as an Apostle (also shown). ;)

Aazealh said:
Not much of a "Serpico Apostle" theory fan myself, but I like the exercise, and this picture is especially inspiring I think. I could very well see it in that fashion, were it to happen.

aight that from naruto?

Griffith

Khorne said:
But seriously, there is no way a sissy like Serpico could stand up guts even if he was an apostle.

I'm afraid your low opinion of Serpico's prowess is sorely misguided, according to the manga, and that's not even including the Apostle contingency. First of all, Serpico has already stood up to Guts' twice, that in itself disqualifies him as a sissy (that he held his own qualifies him as one of the most deadly characters in the story). While he surely isn't Guts' equal in strength or savagedry, Serpico is a master tactician and a superbly skilled swordsman (sounds familiar); as Guts himself has already pointed out. He even dissected Guts' fighting style to his face and exploited his weaknesses with cool-headed confidence, yet he never underestimated Guts' superiority. So while he may not be able to beat Guts at his own game, that doesn't mean he's not a force to reckoned with (as Guts taught Isidro, you have to fight based on your own strengths and weaknesses). As a matter of fact, he's technically already gotten the best of Guts before; not only did he down the big fella, allowing him to be captured, but he managed to make it look like Farnese did it, no less. Did I mention he accomplished this amazing feat with only a stick? To put this all more simply, if he couldn't stand up to Guts, he'd be dead already.

So, take someone of Serpico's obvious skill, cunning, and personal knowledge of Guts and imbue him with the strength, speed, and reflexes of an Apostle and I think you might just end up with one of the most potent threats the Black Swordsman has ever faced.

Khorne said:
(not for more than ten minutes anyway)

On the contrary, while Guts wears the Armor, time is on his enemies side.

Hmm Serpico's Apostle being a Fox like looking demon insn't surprising Serpico himself sorta has a Fox like face especially his eyes. In other anime/manga they have that sort of face look like Kitsune from Love Hina she has a Fox like face look and her name in japanesse means Fox.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Guts vs. the Fox Apostle(Serpico) :eek:

Whereas most apostles are grossly oversized, I remember Roshinu being rather lithe. I suspect Serp would be much the same, with a slight bit of added mass from devouring Farnese. This fight will start out much like their previous battles, and Guts will be on the losing end of things...Until the Beast takes over. Granted, the Beast was probably in control during their previous duels, but it had to play cautiously then, on account of Guts' human pain threshold. With the armor, that gets thrown out the figurative window. The Beast can move as fast, hell, faster than apostles, as it proved during the Battle at the Tree House. Sure, it moves nowhere near SK speed, but it shouldn't be counted out. This might well be their most evenly matched fight ever.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not taking part in this kind of speculation but:

Herald of Yama said:
Whereas most apostles are grossly oversized, I remember Roshinu being rather lithe.

Well, she was actually quite big once transformed...

Roshinu.jpg

Herald of Yama said:
Granted, the Beast was probably in control during their previous duels, but it had to play cautiously then, on account of Guts' human pain threshold.

I'd like to know where you're getting that from... Guts was exceptionally cool headed during his 2 early skirmishes with Serpico.

Griffith had raised quite a certain good point regarding Serp, but then again I doubt Serp will really turn against Guts and his co. Guts had too little allies to accomplish his quest for revenge, he really need someone as powerful as Serp to fight with him side by side (for at least protecting Caska when Guts is turning into a beast etc.)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
As much as a hate serpico and would love to see guts thrash serpico with his long hard sword, i dont think serpico is man enough to sacrifice farneze.

Griffith

DemonY said:
As much as a hate serpico and would love to see guts thrash serpico with his long hard sword, i dont think serpico is man enough to sacrifice Farnese.

That's the trick with God Hand though, they get you when you're at rock bottom. Since you like the idea of Guts long hard sword giving Serpico a kiss, imagine it does while Guts is in one of his beast berserker rages; it's almost happened already. Though a glancing blow, it's the Dragon Slayer we're talking about, Serpico is now best described at MEAT, but he's not quite dead, getting there fast, and in almost two pieces, but not quite dead. In the distance the DS sent his now separate parts, he happened to land next to Guts' discarded gear, among it the Beherit. Now imagine his dispair and hatred in this moment as he thinks back on this whole stupid journey and this oaf of a man that has become his doom, all because of Farnese.

They got a retarded child to sacrifice his dog, you think they can't get Serpico to sacrifice the woman that's served as tormentor his entire life? ;D

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
"Griffith No More!" said:
I'm afraid your low opinion of Serpico's prowess is sorely misguided, according to the manga, and that's not even including the Apostle contingency. First of all, Serpico has already stood up to Guts' twice, that in itself disqualifies him as a sissy (that he held his own qualifies him as one of the most deadly characters in the story). While he surely isn't Guts' equal in strength or savagedry, Serpico is a master tactician and a superbly skilled swordsman (sounds familiar); as Guts himself has already pointed out. He even dissected Guts' fighting style to his face and exploited his weaknesses with cool-headed confidence, yet he never underestimated Guts' superiority. So while he may not be able to beat Guts at his own game, that doesn't mean he's not a force to reckoned with (as Guts taught Isidro, you have to fight based on your own strengths and weaknesses). As a matter of fact, he's technically already gotten the best of Guts before; not only did he down the big fella, allowing him to be captured, but he managed to make it look like Farnese did it, no less. Did I mention he accomplished this amazing feat with only a stick? To put this all more simply, if he couldn't stand up to Guts, he'd be dead already.

So, take someone of Serpico's obvious skill, cunning, and personal knowledge of Guts and imbue him with the strength, speed, and reflexes of an Apostle and I think you might just end up with one of the most potent threats the Black Swordsman has ever faced.

On the contrary, while Guts wears the Armor, time is on his enemies side.
He actually did underestimate Guts and thats why he had to retreat, and even though he is such a "skilled swordsman" Guts managed to catch and smash his blade when all the odds were stacked against him.

And he threw the stick at a bolt in Guts side, of course it was going to hurt.
(Not to mention all that Guts had been through prior to that moment. What those knights turned beetle and praying mantis did to him; and what that scarab type thing did obviously wouldn't have tickled. Not to mention Roshinu)

And I think if Serpico became an apostle he would rely much more on strength and speed like apostles tend to do, and not as much on cunning which is obviously his strong suit.

Not saying it wouldn't be a tough fight for Guts, but Serpico is certainly no Zodd.

Griffith

Wah wah wah said:
He actually did underestimate Guts and thats why he had to retreat, and even though he is such a "skilled swordsman" Guts managed to catch and smash his blade when all the odds were stacked against him.

Guts is a resouceful fighter too? I must not have read that part when making my point that Serpico is the best fighter in the whole series. ???

Wah wah wah said:
And he threw the stick at a bolt in Guts side, of course it was going to hurt.
(Not to mention all that Guts had been through prior to that moment. What those knights turned beetle and praying mantis did to him; and what that scarab type thing did obviously wouldn't have tickled. Not to mention Roshinu).

Really!? Wow, that's all very relevent to what I was saying; how could I miss it? Shit, thanks for helping me, I was obviously under the false impression that Serpico hurt Guts with a stick because he's SO STRONG! As a matter of fact, my whole point was that Serpico's super brute strength is what allows him bully Guts so. Boy, was I confused.

Wah wah wah said:
And I think if Serpico became an apostle he would rely much more on strength and speed like apostles tend to do, and not as much on cunning which is obviously his strong suit.

Wow, you must be psycic too, since you give no reasons to indicate what brought you to the conclusion that Serpico would completely abandon his only chance to defeat Guts even if he had the strength, speed, and reflexes to rival him. I guess Serpico would just assume that Guts' can't kill Apostles; never happen. I guess Serpico would surrender all of his advantages in favor of dying, excellent observation about the fatalism of his character. At least that's what "I think."

What do the spirits have to say about a possible season 2, BTW? Any thoughts just pop in out of nowhere?

Wah wah wah said:
Not saying it wouldn't be a tough fight for Guts, but Serpico is certainly no Zodd.

Serpico not Zodd!? That's unpossible! :eek:

Top Bottom