Has anyone ever seen the movie Serpico?

It's a movie about a cop who finds out that the cops within the precincts are stealing money from the city or somethin'. It stars Al Pacino and it's a really good movie. I'm surprised thought that the movie is called Serpico, which is the same name as the Berserk character. Does the name Serpico have any meaning behind it, other than being a really cool name?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hey, has anyone here seen the movie Scarface? It's really cool and the guy has a scar on his face and even goes BERSERK at the end like Guts. It would be cool if Guts was gonna kill somebody and pulled out the DS and said "say hello to my-

*cough*

Aw, I shouldn't pick on 'em. Well, Serpico is a reasonably common surname. It may come from Serpe, which in Italian and Portuguese is a nickname from serpe; ‘serpent’, ‘reptile’.
If it's French it's a metonymic occupational name for a maker or seller of scythes and similar implements, from Old French sarpe (hypercorrected to serpe) ‘scythe’, ‘sickle’.

It's not in the Oxford thingy of first names, though.

it seems that Serpico (the Berserk character) is actually named that because he can be sneaky..

in fact, this comes up in the latest chapter, when Gatts mentions it during their duel.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
john2kx said:
it seems that Serpico (the Berserk character) is actually named that because he can be sneaky..

in fact, this comes up in the latest chapter, when Guts mentions it during their duel.

Uhh no.

Tell Me Why said:
It's a movie about a cop who finds out that the cops within the precincts are stealing money from the city or somethin'. It stars Al Pacino and it's a really good movie.
its not a "good" movie,its a great movie ;D

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
While we're on stupid coincidences, I saw a restaraunt in Itally that was apparently owned by Isidoro. I bet he uses his flame dagger to cook. ::)

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Vaxillus said:
While we're on stupid coincidences, I saw a restaraunt in Itally that was apparently owned by Isidro.  I bet he uses his flame dagger to cook.   ::)

There is a Mexican resturaunt around the corner and down the street where I live called "Super Mario's".

I love stuff like that. We also have a chain of laundromats that purposefully put the word "laundromat" upside down for no reason as far as I know...

Also I know a girl named Kashka, which is short for Katajenka Maristeuban Floffinstraska... well okay that is completely wrong but it's how I remember it sounding sort of. Her baby sister calls her "Moe".

Tristram said:
Also I know a girl named Kashka, which is short for Katajenka Maristeuban Floffinstraska... well okay that is completely wrong but it's how I remember it sounding sort of. Her baby sister calls her "Moe".

man thats a long name :)

A guy i know, who plays hockey, has a guy on his team named götz or something similar, pronounced the same as guts, kinda cool ^^

Top Bottom