Sacrifice the Dragonslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
I tend to not be for the whole idea that Guts will use the behelit... but if he were to makea sacrifice, dont you think his sword would be marked? I am not sure if the limit to sacrifices is to be something alive, but there have been so many surprises in what can and cant be a sacrifice that I am always unsure what the limit is.

I never thought an apostle could be branded or vice versa, yet there was the Behelit apostle.

Anyways, let's just say it was possible for a non-living object to be sacrificed. Do you think the DS would be a candidate for sacrifice, and if so what do you think would happen to it? Would it then become stronger from existing the interstice as Guts does? Since it has a certain form of power attained from slaying apostles, would it somehow gain a conciessness? Does the sword already have a conciessness?

I know alot of this is weird, but I think in many ways the Dragonslayer should be considered a character in itself, despite it's lack of life or personality, the same way I consider the Behelit a character that seems to practice having a will and a purpose.

Nah.

I do look forward to seeing what will happen with that Behelit and agree that whatever happens will likely to be a interesting surprise, but no the DS is very unlikely going to be branded.

Also just because it has been supercharged from slaying Apostles it doesn't mean it's conscious at all. The Magic weapons Schierke gave to the other members of the group are not themselves conscious, unless i'm mistaken they have a deep connection to the elemental spirits.

It's not the behelit itself that has a will, but the one that made and sent the behelit into the real world for a purpose (i.e. Idea of Evil).

The behelit apostle sacrificed (please correct if I'm mistaken) the 'world around him', or the 'world that surrounded him'. Whatever that means, I'm pretty sure it's been done to death somewhere else...

In a sense the magical items are semi-conscious, or have a 'group consciousness' pertaining to each type of elemental. For example, schierke described the salamander elementals to be particularily chaotic/out-of-control minded, while we also find out that piskies (such as puck and ivarella) come from wind elementals.

The fact of actually branding the DS, however, seems very unlikely, since 'every last drop of blood, even their dying screams...' and are sacrificed, and the DS doesn't have any of that....

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Hmm, I think Guts will sacrifice the behelit instead. After seeing what the Sword of Resonance/Vacuum Blade was capable of, I bet he'll have Becchi melted down and added to the DS's mass the next time he gets it reforged. ;D

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
All of these are pretty good response! Thanks alot for your input :)

If anyone else has something they'd like to say, that'd be fine.

Also, Herald, can a behelit just be melted? I know how Skully tends to eat them, etc... but he's also not even human anymore, so... I dont know.

I doubt the Dragonslayer could be sacrificed, but considering how often Guts has referred to his sword as a constant in his life and all that, I think it would be possible, if he were to sacrifice anything. On the note of blood and screaming though, perhaps you are right on that.

As always, I dont know how any of this will play out, I just know Miura will prove faithful to his fans and come up with something so awesome that we'd never been able to think of it before now. Or something. Then again we might just get a few issues of SLASH SLASH WOOSH BLAM SLASH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. >_>

Anyways yeah, I was glad for this recent bit of downtime with Guts being sick, it allows for some good old fashioned character development.

Back to subject, if anyone else has an oppinion on this stuff, go ahead and post!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think Guts will sacrifice the act of the sacrifice itself!!! TAKE THAT GOD HAND!!!

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
waqas said:
God bless you.
Maybe Guts will admit his long love of Idea and sacrifice ... um.. it.

I mean after all you remember in that one yaoi lemon involving guts and idea... I mean... who doesn't? Miura will surely integrate this into the story.

Later on he will release BERSERK: Special Edition. It will have new bigger explosions, hidden extras involving wookies, and even the dreaded Christmas Special!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom