Author Topic: Had a good night  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Metal Soldier

Had a good night
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:01:56 AM »
Went to see "Be Cool" and "The Jacket" tonight. "Be Cool" was pretty good and the Rock was great. "The Jacket" was ok, started really good but it got rather predictable unfortuantely. Most interesting those was what happened while we were playing in the arcade in the theater. I was hoping to play DDR, but the machine was busy so while I was looking around I see a prize game different than most. It was a realitively simple game where the object was to stack up a series of blocks all the way to the top. It started with 3 blocks and then becomes two, and eventually one. If you don't keep them going straight up and miss lining up at least one block you lose. The interesting part was that while there was a middle level prize where you could stop and get stuff like yo-yo's and little die cast cars. Then there was the top level prizes that included Mercenaries(Xbox), Metroid Prime II, NBA Street Vol 3(GC), Need For Speed Underground 2(GC), Doom III(PC), Evercrack II(PC), and some walkie-talkies. I won both Mercenaries and Metroid Prime II for a total of $12 or so. The game itself was fun, but I couldn't believe it when I first one and got Mercenaries. If I had had some more cash I was going to go for NBA Street and Doom III. After the movies I was able to get the last of the Bacardi Vanilla from my friend and a couple Sin City trades to read. Its been a good night.

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
Re: Had a good night
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 11:53:36 PM »
You're just begging for a livejournal, arent you?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Eddie

• Of the Vortex
  • Who wants to eat my meat?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 02:08:26 AM »
yeah...is there a point to this? Don't get me wrong it's intresting, but not really a discussion thing.
My adventures in Japan: http://mvbennett.wordpress.com/

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 08:08:13 PM »
Eddie is just not interested about your life, Metal Soldier. Go on, I watch reality TV shows too!
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline Yukimura

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 08:20:40 PM »
As Eddie said, it isn't something to discuss about, maybe if you said "what did you think of "Be cool" It's the sequel to "Get Shorty"  Or something about the jacket.
Like other movie topics

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3951.0
YOU CANT TAKE MY SOUL AWAY FROM ME

Offline waqas

• Of the Interstice
  • Oh, nevermind...
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 08:55:40 PM »
Best. Thread. Ever.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 09:33:06 PM »
Best. Thread. Ever.

Ditto.

March onward Metal Soldier, don't let the peanut gallery drag you down.

ELEKTROFUNK

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 01:26:28 AM »
Sadly I have to say this is the most interesting this part of the board has gotten in weeks. GG metal soldier keep up the  great posting!

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 08:49:57 AM »
Ditto.

March onward Metal Soldier, don't let the peanut gallery drag you down.

Sadly I have to say this is the most interesting this part of the board has gotten in weeks. GG metal soldier keep up the great posting!

Sadly though, you killed it.
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

darkbane

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 05:48:41 AM »
Sadly I have to say this is the most interesting this part of the board has gotten in weeks. GG metal soldier keep up the  great posting!

ZUBAAAAAAAAN!  ;D