Killer crocodile estimated to have killed a ton of People

Here's some crazy news about a Crocodile caught in Uganda.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7127983/

"16-foot beast ate scores of people, officials say
An official from the Ugandan Wildlife Authority steps over a 16-foot-long crocodile after its delivery to a sanctuary on Tuesday. The crocodile is said to have eaten 83 people over the last two decades.

KAMPALA, Uganda - A 16-foot-long (5-meter-long) crocodile said to have eaten more than 80 people has been caught alive in Uganda and transferred to a sanctuary, officials said Tuesday.
The giant beast — weighing about a ton — was captured by wildlife experts who spent three nights camping in the bush before locating their target.

Residents told local media the crocodile killed 83 people over the last two decades, mostly fishermen plying their trade on Lake Victoria off the shores of Bugiri district.

Much as the residents of Luganga wanted to kill the reptile after our rangers had captured it, it is our responsibility to protect it by removing it from that area and keeping it in a safe place,” Uganda Wildlife Authority spokeswoman Lillian Nsubuga told Reuters.

The beast — reportedly more than 60 years old — was trapped using ropes and transported by pickup truck to the Buwama crocodile farm, west of the capital, Kampala.

The state-owned New Vision newspaper said it “roared” as it was released into a holding ground at the farm Monday.

Crocodiles sometimes attack and kill villagers collecting water or fishing in Lake Victoria, Africa’s biggest lake."

WTF that Croc must die it's estimated to have killed 80 people for godsake. Anyone agree with me?  :-\

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ZODDGUTSU said:
WTF that Croc must die it's estimated to have killed 80 people for godsake. Anyone agree with me?  :-\

No, that's a moronic sentiment. I'm on the croc's side, those villagers were too gutless or stupid not to kill it themselves over the past two decades, why should they get to now that someone with an I.Q. and some balls actually caught it? It deserves it's retirement (as undefeated champ no less) after having to eat their dumb asses.

lol I guess your right about them should have killed the Croc themselves. But he must be put down because his evil eviL!!! Moronic statements rule!!! ;D

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nah, release the croc and let it fight the angry villagers. I estimate that most, if not all, will fall prey to the beast. Where was the Crocodile Hunter on this one? Someone needs to tell Steve to stop being a pussy and go after the 16-footers! >:(

One of the things that seperates us from animals is that we kill for revenge. If an animal was to kill a family member of mine I would want to fucking kill it but if it was caught and let's say for what ever reason won't be put down and will be protected I will be pissed off. People for suffered the loss of friends and family members because of the Croc would want it to be killed not to be "protected and keeping it safe".

There's a possibility that the people in Uganda don't have the 'luxury' of having guns and tranqulizer guns. If they would have gone after it with just knifes and machetes they several people would have likely died the Croc weighs a ton lol :eek: so it's one big mutha... So I guess that would explain as to why the people that area of that Croc never meant after it. :-\ I'm just speculating though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
I'm on the croc's side, those villagers were too gutless or stupid not to kill it themselves over the past two decades, why should they get to now that someone with an I.Q. and some balls actually caught it? It deserves it's retirement (as undefeated champ no less) after having to eat their dumb asses.

I fully agree, that croc is a hero among its people, a veteran warrior, and he fucking "roared" when they released him in the holding groung, now how cool is that? I only wish I could adopt him.

Rhombaad said:
Where was the Crocodile Hunter on this one?

I was busy merging old threads and playing NES roms (Bayou Billy 8)).

Croco02.jpg

ZODDGuts said:
One of the things that seperates us from animals is that we kill for revenge.

Then I vote for those wanting revenge to fight the crocodile in an arena one by one. Now that would be a kind of reality TV that would interest me.

ZODDGuts said:
There's a possibility that the people in Uganda don't have the 'luxury' of having guns and tranqulizer guns. If they would have gone after it with just knifes and machetes they several people would have likely died the Croc weighs a ton lol

Knives and machetes are the only honorable way to fight a croc anyway, man don't you guys learn anything in school anymore? ;D

Aazealh said:
Knives and machetes are the only honorable way to fight a croc anyway, man don't you guys learn anything in school anymore? ;D

Sorry but I grew up learning how to use guns in school not knives lol. :D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ZODDGUTSU said:
One of the things that seperates us from animals is that we kill for revenge. If an animal was to kill a family member of mine I would want to fucking kill it but if it was caught and let's say for what ever reason won't be put down and will be protected I will be pissed off. People for suffered the loss of friends and family members because of the Croc would want it to be killed not to be "protected and keeping it safe".

Would someone in your family be dumb enough to swim anf fish where a croc that had killed 82 people lived? It's not like he broke into their houses...er, huts.

Would someone in your family be dumb enough to swim anf fish where a croc that had killed 82 people lived? It's not like he broke into their houses...er, huts.

Crocodiles sometimes attack and kill villagers collecting water or fishing in Lake Victoria, Africa’s biggest lake

Looks like the villagers in need to get water had to go to the lake even knowing that it was dangerous. Sometimes when people are desperate they'll do 'dumb' things.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
ZODDGUTSU said:
One of the things that seperates us from animals is that we kill for revenge. If an animal was to kill a family member of mine I would want to fucking kill it but if it was caught and let's say for what ever reason won't be put down and will be protected I will be pissed off.

It's funny you should mention that, because that's exactly the reason why the croc should not be killed.  You're right, in general, animals don't kill for personal reasons.  They kill to eat, they kill for territory, to survive.  To that crocodile, a person wading in the water was no different than any other animal wading in the water.  He wouldn't have made the distinction, he would have seen the food and taken it. 

It sucks that villagers have been killed just going about the necessities of their daily life.  I have more sympathy for them than I do for people choosing to surf, for example, in shark "infested" water.  But we can't place human ideas like retribution on animals. It's just stupid.  There's no such thing as human moral justice in the animal kingdom, and I think it's lame that wildlife often pays the price for doing what's only natural.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I second that.
Revenge family ? Nope. There was a fight between fishmen and the croc,cause they got to "its" territory. Case is it won. Well, they could have killed it and I would find it natural too. But now that it is captured, there's no reason to kill it. It's not a psychopath serial killer, only an old retired croc.
"Have a good night, old one... and try not to eat those who keep an eye on you". ::)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

I say they should make it a ppv event, where fishermen could come up and challenge the croc to a duelfun.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
It deserves it's retirement (as undefeated champ no less) after having to eat their dumb asses.

We still have our #1 Contender

p.s. What can I say....I am a ebaumsworld whore  8)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Humans are the only animal that kills for revenge? Tell that to the families of the ten or more mahouts who get gored to death every year in India. Deservedly, I might add. ;D

Hmm, kill it? Frankly, I don't give a damn one way or the other; its in Uganda, I'm in the U.S. Unless it leaves its holding area, crosses the Atlantic, and moseys up the Mississippi to my neck of the woods, my attitude is not likely to change. And if it does, the boys in West Memphis, AR will mobilize their giant robot to battle it to the death.

Top Bottom