Devil May Cry 3

The game is great so far. The first two Levels play like stages (i mean not much free RE roaming) There are 7 fighting styles

Trickster: Trickster is the default style and basically the most well rounded  one of them all, considering you can already attack and shoot with good proficiency based on just the square and triangle buttons, setting the circle button up as a dodge button can be helpful.  This style gives you the ability to dodge attacks quickly as well as the ability to run up walls.

SWORDMASTER - For those who prefer the use of the blade there's the
Swordmaster style.  This style gives you an additional sword attack button,
the circle button.  You can spin your sword around and also slash in mid-air.

GUNSLINGER - My personal favourite, Gunslinger changes the circle button to an additional gunfire button giving virtually every gun a secondary fire mode and allowing you to shoot in multiple directions, charge up your Handguns, and do the Rain Storm attack where you spin upside down in mid-air.  Another thing you may not know is if you knock down an easy enemy, jump on his back to surf!

ROYALGUARD - This is the defensive style, I've rarely used it but it changes the circle button to a block button and gives you the ability to defend and counterattack.  Given enough experience it should prove to be quite useful.

QUICKSILVER - Unlocked after defeating Geryon, this style gives you the ability to use your Devil Trigger as a means to stop time and slash wildly at enemies who can do little but stay still as they are chopped into pieces.

DOPPELGANGER - The final style is unlocked not surprisingly after defeating the Doppelganger.  With this you can go into Devil Trigger and use R1 + Circle to spawn an image of yourself to help fight.  This image can actually be controlled by a second controller, plug it in and try it out yourself.
There are 10 weapons in the game
Devil Arms: Rebellion Cerberus Agni & Rudra Nevan Beowulf
Guns: Ebony & Ivory Shotgun Artemis Spiral Kalina Ann

Dante fights his brother Vergil who was Nelo Angelo in Devil may cry 1, and in DMC 1 he had his spikey hair.
Well what do you guys think of the game??

--毒蛇 
"愚かな足のあなた自身を撃ってはいけない"

It's defintely awesome. I played it on easy first with Royal Guard, then on Normal with Trickster (favorite style). Now I'm on hard using Quicksilver. Pretty cool stuff.

Dante Must Die mode is sooooooo tough. Thank god for Super Dante and Quicksilver.

Heaven or Hell mode was laughably easy.

The cutscenes are so awesome in this game.

Also DMC4 is in the pre planning stage.

I want to play as Virgil. Though Dante is cool NOTHING beats a katana and good Iaido. Maybe an unlockable VS mode would have been fun... Though not the point of the game like the Onimusha fighter.

I bought DMC3 on the release date, Wednesday, and beat it on Friday. The game really wasn't that hard.

DMC3 is a good game but I think Ninja Gaiden is vastly superior.

u people must be joking! i think it is extremely hard on normal... i beat 1 and 2 with relatively little struggle... the bosses are stupid hard and i am getting tired on running through the levels though i have discovered that when you save befort you die, you keep everything you earned... i dont use the role enough which i am sure is the biggest part of my problem followed by my refusal to use any more than one vital star per boss... i suppose if i used 3 or 4 on each boss, the game would be so much easier but i just dont want to shell out a wad of reds on them...

trickster? whats the point of it... i use the stinger to dash and attack at the same time... and running on walls, while neat, is totally usless when every bad guy in the game can just teleport to your exact location regardless and attack from bad camera angles... please tell me if there is more to trickster than i realize...

all these styles should have been rolled into one... why does running up a wall, blocking, shooting in two directions and using neat sword play have to be seperate? they werent in part 2 (i forget which abilities werent in it)

quicksilver and doppelganger makes plenty of sense though....

overall, i find the game much more enjoyable with the sound off so i can avoid the music and dialogue... game play is of course great

Well, there are 3 levels to each style, and with each level up, you earn new tricks to do with the style.

Let's say, for example, Trickster style, level 2 let's you dash twice in a row on the ground and let's you dash in the air, while level 3 lets you dash three times in a row while giving you a new ability to teleport immediately to an enemy you've locked on to. Pretty neat stuff.

teleport! well that is great!... its funny, i was bitchen up and down about how every frickin character in the game can teleport except me... that is cool

dwarfkicker said:
Also DMC4 is in the pre planning stage.
Damn capcom, why cant they think ahead like Konami (because when Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, they announced Metal Gear Solid 4 will come out late 2006)
Psymont 2.0 said:
trickster? whats the point of it... i use the stinger to dash and attack at the same time... and running on walls, while neat, is totally usless when every bad guy in the game can just teleport to your exact location regardless and attack from bad camera angles... please tell me if there is more to trickster than i realize...
Really all styles match up to diffent gamers.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I think Royal Guard is the coolest, because if you time your block correctly, Dante can parry every single attack in the game, which leaves enemies in stun and at lv. 3, charges up Dante's health.

He can also release the stored energy of attacks he's absorbed.

Damn capcom, why cant they think ahead like Konami (because when Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, they announced Metal Gear Solid 4 will come out late 2006)
What do you mean Capcom should be like Konami?  DMC4 isn't coming out until the next gen consoles.  It won't be another PS2 game.  Konami is doing the same thing.  They made MGS3, released it and then announced that MGS4 is in the works. Same thing Capcom did with this.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yes, never fear, like Konami, Capcam will continue to produce the same damn games again and again no matter what platform it's for.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yes, never fear, like Konami, Capcam will continue to produce the same damn games again and again no matter what platform it's for.
With diffent coats of paint ;D Capcoms games are old houses, just being painted over and over, but its still damn good (like my house)
dwarfkicker said:
What do you mean Capcom should be like Konami? DMC4 isn't coming out until the next gen consoles. It won't be another PS2 game. Konami is doing the same thing. They made MGS3, released it and then announced that MGS4 is in the works. Same thing Capcom did with this.
And Onimusha4, Viewitful Joe3 and RE5, but still, DMC3 will sell alot, every one knows, so start working on DMC4.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
Shit you tease. Let them make another "Adventures of Tronn Bonn" for PS2. I would squeel like you have never heard before.

Vic Viper said:
With diffent coats of paint  ;D Capcoms games are old houses, just being painted over and over, but its still damn good (like my house)And Onimusha4, Viewitful Joe3 and RE5, but still, DMC3 will sell alot, every one knows, so start working on DMC4.

Onimusha 3 is the last, isn't it? That's what I gathered from the director.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i liked DMC.
i disliked DMC2. actually i hated it.

is the new game more like the original version? or more like the one i hated?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Bah, zodd was a rip off of this guy.

yoda-1.jpg

Top Bottom