Anyone heard of Death Note?

I just started reading this manga called Death Note, and I'm really impressed....Very awesome, I would recommend all of you read it. Unfortunately, I only have the first 4 volumes....anyone know where I can find the rest????

You can get it from IRC DL:

Server: /server irc.irchighway.net

I haven't check out the series myself but I've heard good things about Death Note.

I don't know how to use that bit torrent IRC channel stuff.....I'm completely ignorant about it (and scared to use it), anyone care to enlighten me? Pros and cons of having it? Where to get the program for it/the best one to use? Is it going to run constantly while I'm online.....and if so, will it slow down my connection a whole lot? I have dial-up.......

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
I don't know how to use that bit torrent IRC channel stuff.....I'm completely ignorant about it (and scared to use it), anyone care to enlighten me?

This isn't the right place to ask. You just run a google search and you'll have plenty of answers.

D

darkbane

DN is great. For mainstream manga it's really something. It's also on break right now. :'( There's some interesting (and major) plot twists after volume 4, but you could've anticipated that without me saying it.

Hopefully it will get licensed soon. Even better if by a german company 8).

im obsessed with it kinda. Its like a drug once i start reading its hard to stop. Stupid spectrum.net. As sick as it is I want Raito(sp?) to win in the end. Its sick i know cause hes an asshole and well kinda sick but i dont know that L is just so damn cocky. whatev though. Death note rocks my socks. I know my sister is buying me something Death note and something berserk off ebay but im not allowed to look so whatev. Super cool manga it is though.

Death Note is a notebook that the Shinigamis use to expand their life span in the Shinigami Realm. The Death Note can kill anyone, anytime, and anywhere as long as the person who is writing in the Death Note has a picture of the victim in their mind and the name written must be true, if it is a nickname it will not work. The reason why a picture of the victim must be in the writer's mind because the death will be no use for people who have the same names. The Death Note can also control the cause of the victim's death, if the writer chooses to leave the field blank, the victim will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of the death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds The writer can also state the date & time that the death will occur. And most importantly, the Death Note can control the actions of the victim for as long as 22 days.
Once the Death Note enters the human world, it belongs to the human world. It is a bond that links a human and the Shinigami of the notebook, such as Light and Ryuuku. Once a human touches the Death Note or a piece of paper within the Death Note, they will have the ability to see and hear the Shinigami who once owned the notebook. If a human decides that the Death Note is too much for them to handle, they can forfeit the ownership of the notebook meaning all memories relating to the Death Note will be erased from the human's mind.
User Guide - episode I 
  • The human whose name is written in this Death Note shall die.
  • This note will not take effect unless the user has the person's face in their mind while writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
  • If the cause of death is wirrten within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
  • If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
  • After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

User Guide - episode II 
  • This note shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.
  • The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, I.E. a god of death.
  • The human who uses this note can neither go to Heaven or Hell.

User Guide - episode III 
  • If the time of death is written within 40 seconds after writing the cause of death as a heart attack, the time of death can be manipulated, and the time can go into effect within 40 seconds after writing the name.
  • The human who touches the Death Note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, a god of death, even if the human is not the owner of the note.

User Guide - episode IV 
  • The person in possession of the Death note is possessed by a god of death, its original owner until they die.
  • If a human uses the note, a god of death usually appears in front of him/her within 39 days after he/she uses the note.
  • Gods of death, the original owners of the Death Note, do not do, in principle, anything which will help or prevent the deaths in the note.
  • A god of death has no obligation to completely explain how to use the note or rules which will apply to the human who owns it.

User Guide - episode V 
  • A god of death can extend his life by putting human names on the note, but humans cannot.
  • A person can shorten his or her own life by using the note.
  • The human who becomes the owner of the Death Note can, in exchange for half of his/her remaining life, get the eyeballs of the god of death which will enable him/her to see a human's name and remaining lifetime when looking through them.
  • A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death which are not generally known to the gods of death.

User Guide - episode VI 
  • The conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human.
  • The specific scope of the condition for death is note known to the gods of death either. So you must examine and find out.

User Guide - episode VII 
  • One page taken from the Death Note, or even a fragment of the page, contains the full effects of the note.
  • The instruments to write with can be anything, (E.G. cosmetics, blood, etc) as long as it can write directly onto the note and remains as legible letters.
  • Even the original owners of the Death Note, gods of death, do not know much about the note.

User Guide - episode VIII 
  • You may also write the cause and/or details of death prior to filling in the name of the individual. Be sure to insert the name in front of the written cause of death. You have about 19 days (according to the the human calendar) inorder to fill in a name.
  • Even if you do not actually possess the Death Note, theeffect will be the same if you can recognize the person and his/her name to place in the blank.

User Guide - episode IX 
  • The Death Note will not affect those under 780 years of age.
  • The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim's name is misspelled four times.

User Guide - episode X 
  • "Suicide" is a valid cause of death Basically all humans are thought to possess the possibility to commit suicide. It is, therefore, not something "unbelievable to think of".
  • Whether the cause of the individual's death is either a suicide or accident, if the death leads to the death of more than one intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.

User Guide - episode XI 
  • Even after the individual's name, the time of death, and death condition on the Death Note were filled out, the time and condition of the death can be altered as many times as you want, as long as it is changed within six minutes and forty seconds from the time it was filled in. But, of course, this is only possible before the victim dies.
  • Whenever you want to change anything written on the Death Note within 6 minutes and forty seconds after you wrote, you must first rule out the characters you want to erase with two straight lines.
  • As you see above, the time and condition can be changed, but once the victim's name has been written the individual's death can never be avoided.

User Guide - episode XII 
  • If you lose the Death note or have it stolen, you will lose its ownership unless you retrieve it within 490 days.
  • If you have traded the eye of power of a god of death, you will lose the eye of power as well as the memory of the Death Note, once you lose its ownership. At the same time, the remaining half of your life will not be restored.

User Guide - episode XIII 
  • You may lend the Death Note to another person while maintaining its ownership. Subletting it to yet another person is possible, too.
  • The borrower of the Death Note will not be followed by a god of death. The god of death always remains with the owner of the Death Note. Also, the borrower cannot trade the eyesight of the god of death.

User Guide - episode XIV 
  • While the owner of the Death Note dies while the Note is being lent, its ownership will be transferred to the person who is holding it at that time.
  • If the Death Note is stolen and the owner is killed by the thief, its ownership will automatically be transferred to the theif.

User Guide - episode XV 
  • When the same name is written on more than two Death Notes, the note which was first filled in will take effect, regardless of the time of death.
  • If writing the same name on more than two Death Notes is completed within a 0.06-second difference, it is regarded as simulataneousl the Death Note will not take effect and the individual written will not die.
Death note sounds like a Bleach type manga if you read the first episode. Hope it helps

D

darkbane

Vic Viper said:
Death note sounds like a Bleach type manga if you read the first episode. Hope it helps

It's completely different, they have nothing in common except the abstract idea of "shinigami".

Well, you could say that both main characters "become reapers", but that's pushing the limit of truth.

Yesterday I dl all 59 chapters and I have to say it's good I can't believe that this series is in Shonen Jump because to me it seems to be a Seinen (adults) title I doubt 12 year olds will be able to handle all of that talk and agendas set by the characters. This series contains no fights like shonen series do and te characters try to out smart each other.

I was surprise about the main character I thought that he would be the good guy but ended up the bad guy also gotta say I like the character named L he has umm a weird cool type of vibe. 8)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
which innocent people has he killed? 
He only kills criminals and those who involve themselves with his little war.
Now his girlfriend has killed innocent news anchors...

Majin Tenshi said:
which innocent people has he killed? 
He only kills criminals and those who involve themselves with his little war.
Now his girlfriend has killed innocent news anchors...

Hmm okay I see what your trying to say. I should made myself more clear his killed people that has done nothing wrong other than trying to capture Kira for the deaths of the criminanls. The FBI agents and several of the police aren't evil or bad but yet Kira kills them only because his afraid of being caught. You don't consider that to be wrong? It's like an escaped convent is being chased by the police, so that the he won't be caught (the convent) he kills any police that gets in his way. That's why I don't like Kira his a murderer.

Go L BIACTHES!!! :p

Hope that he really isn't dead he'll likely faked his death.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
L is most certainly dead.  The reaper saw L and Ryuuzaki people as a great threat to Misa's limited time left, so she killed them. 

If person A tries to stop person B from ridding the world from evil, it is easy to classify person A as evil. 

Good and Evil are much more relative terms then most people would like to admit.  While most people would agree that crashing a 747 into the twin towers is a heinous act, the people who did it believed that doing so guaranteed their place in heaven.  They believed there was no greater good they could do. 

From Kira's view, he is on an almost holy crusade.  He is trying to rid the world of evil.  I'm not even sure he has to try and justify his ends justifying his means since his means are that he directly destroys "evil."

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Started reading the manga and it is alright still I like berserk much more better :p. My opinion on Kira is that he is a sociopath and in no way is a "good guy" even tho he does a good job ridding the world of scum.

After hearing such good feedback about it here I had to give it a look, so far I am up to chapter 58 and I have to say it is really bloody good. Sorry to revive a older thread about this but it's just great. The concept, plot twists and little details going through the story are so beautifully put together unlike anything I have come across in a Manga, I can't wait to find out what happens next. Also the dialogue and story is much more condensed than the average manga, I mean being used to a title like Gantz (which I do love) but go through a chapter within a few short minutes, this takes alot longer to properly absorb which is a nice change indeed. This didn't take long in the story to make it on my top 3 favourite manga titles list.

Skull knight, thanks for bringing this title to my attention, I'm in your debt. :-*

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Just started reading it myself. Pretty cool. I'll have to pick it up when it gets released.

Top Bottom