China vs Taiwan

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Why do I even bother making topics like this when they all end up in hostility? Cause its self torture. ;D

Anyways, from the article here.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/03/13/china.npc.law/

I am pretty if China does attack, shit is really going to hit the fan since America promised to aid Taiwan if attacked. Boy o boy, this, Iran, and Iraq? Yea. Nothing good can come from this. Anythoughts?

p.s. Oh yea.... almost forgot about N.Korea :)

personally I think china has a right to tawain, but i think it should still have a democracy. and bush has no right to say he would attack china, that prick, the chinese are awesome! Even though they are kinda communist, Well i say theres a 90% that war will not happen...

SaiyajinNoOuji

TheGoblinKnight said:
personally I think china has a right to tawain, but i think it should still have a democracy. and bush has no right to say he would attack china, that prick, the chinese are awesome! Even though they are kinda communist, Well i say theres a 90% that war will not happen...
its not that he said he would attack China, but he would help Taiwan defend it. Its actually China trying to make the first move.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
TheGoblinKnight said:

Yeah, I don't understand these abstract "rights" countries apparently have. The law is whoever has the power to enforce it, afterall.

P.S. Dammit Saiya, not another one of these! ;)

SaiyajinNoOuji

"Griffith No More!" said:
P.S. Dammit Saiya, not another one of these! ;)
You know it baby. Also how do you feel about China's bunker techonology? I think that will have a tremendos impact on our counter attack. :-*

haha jk

Anyways... on a more serious note. If this happened I can see N. Korea piggy backing behind China for S. Korea.... boy o boy.

Also, what do you think about the possibilites of of China using Nukes? It would be stupid but you know those crazy communists.... Also why would China risk their devolping commerce over this fucking island? All for the sake of taking down the rogue state? Blah on it I say, BLAH!

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also why would China risk their devolping commerce over this fucking island? All for the sake of taking down the rogue state?

WORLD DOMINATION! ;D

I'm sure it hasn't escaped China's attention that Western Civilization has become very fat, complacant, stupid, sappy and just plain weak as of late. Sure we still have the technology to beat almost anybody, but we're almost to the point where half the country rather get invaded than fight back; too busy drinking cappichinos and reading philosophy about human utopias of peace and sharing and all the other great things in the fiction section.

Thank God for the South. ;)

P.S. If not, they'll just buy America when we hit the bargain discount rate and they control the World financially. Anyway, an attack from China might shock that half I spoke of earlier back to reality, could be good in the long run, if they didn't wipe us out. =)

SaiyajinNoOuji

You know... as true as your statements are... we Americans have a tendency to rise to the occasion. So I'm not to concerned about that. Besides, the ones that are currently defending us (in the military) will be the ones out there.

I do agree with you about shocking the other half. Oh well though, I guess time will tell.

Now we have to wait for a responce from the "other guy" ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I hope China gets engaged in a long and exhausting war with the USA, so that Europe would just have to slay the last one standing effortlessly.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
I hope China gets engaged in a long and exhausting war with the USA, so that Europe would just have to slay the last one standing effortlessly.
I knew it! You damn frenchies!

NEVER FORGET!
rampagewtc.jpg

Dont worry Aaz, after we fall, you will be left alone to face N. Korea. BEWARE

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Dont worry Aaz, after we fall, you will be left alone to face N. Korea. BEWARE

I'm sure the Dear Leader Kim-Jong-Il would be merciful. Then we'll claim Louisiana back. ;D

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You know... as true as your statements are... we Americans have a tendency to rise to the occasion. So I'm not to concerned about that.

I'd agree, except I'm not sure that attribute wasn't almost breeded out with the Baby Boomer generation. ;)

Aazealh said:

I thought Europe wasn't into that anymore; if us Americans would just throw all our guns away, then there'd be World peace where everyone would respect each other's personal space. ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
I'm sure the Dear Leader Kim-Jong-Il would be merciful. Then we'll claim Louisiana back. ;D
What could you possibly want with Lousiana? Please inform me of this. :)

Anyways, If this turned Nukular, and granted after that point everything would be trivial, but Okinawa would be a very big target for them. Since there are a lot of troops here that are ment to be deployed for these kind of situations.... that mean I would be a goner... :'(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What could you possibly want with Lousiana? Please inform me of this.  :)

Nothing really, but I'm sure you know that it was originally a French colony (along with some several other states). Napoleon sold it to you guys around 1800 so we could be friends forever (and accessorily to fuck the UK).

But nowadays you people are just so ungrateful, it breaks my heart. :'(

S

Some Guy

"U.S. President George W. Bush has pledged to help Taiwan defend itself against any Chinese attack."

This last segment bugs me. What business do we have getting involved in yet another foreign affair? I hope it means providing the Tiawanese with arms and supplies and not sending actual soldiers there.

I do agree that passing the bill will only lead to more bitter feelings between the two countries. And China's talk of peacefully annexing Taiwan is not believeable in the least. I guess Tibet wasn't enough for them...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Some Guy said:
"U.S. President George W. Bush has pledged to help Taiwan defend itself against any Chinese attack."

This last segment bugs me.  What business do we have getting involved in yet another foreign affair?   I hope it means providing the Tiawanese with arms and supplies and not sending actual soldiers there.

I do agree that passing the bill will only lead to more bitter feelings between the two countries.  And China's talk of peacefully annexing Taiwan is not believeable in the least.  I guess Tibet wasn't enough for them...

Its not like the Bush administration is gonna help anyways.

Time to pick your sides! *steps over to the chinese line*

SaiyajinNoOuji

DemonY said:
Its not like the Bush administration is gonna help anyways.

Time to pick your sides! *steps over to the Chinese line*
I think not. But in responce to the other post above, I would think/believe that this would be a better reason to fight... a small country trying to get its independence from its larger "COMMUNISTIC" country. Yea, no other country should help that fledgling country gets its independence.

Had our great French allies back in the day not helped us, we would be be speaking the Queens English, or worst yet. Canadian. :-*

But seriously though, out of all the wars/conflicts that have happened so far, don't you think this would be the best reason? Come on, there's no oil over there in Taiwan.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Come on, there's no oil over there in Taiwan.

Nope, but I have relatives living in Taiwan and they're not too happy with China's politics right now.  I'd love for China to just let Taiwan do it's own thing, but I think Taiwan's President has been talking about independence since his election (which was weird) and China's trying to thwart any of those ideas.  Personally, I think it's just a huge polictical maneuver to keep Taiwan from declaring independence, but it's still not something that settles well with me for because of my family there..

D

darkbane

Some Guy said:
This last segment bugs me. What business do we have getting involved in yet another foreign affair?

In one word, politics. In two words, public relations. More verbosely: there isn't really a concrete relationship between what they say, and what will happen, it's more like "we have to declare for so-and-so" because it's expected, or it's the right political move (upholding principles of democracy abroad [aka "The American Way", but no comment on that.]). Don't expect Bush invading China in retaliation for a possible attack againt Taiwan anytime soon, though. (Well, with Bush, you never know, so I'll let myself be surprised.)

M

medievald00d

Miyu said:
Nope, but I have relatives living in Taiwan and they're not too happy with China's politics right now.  I'd love for China to just let Taiwan do it's own thing, but I think Taiwan's President has been talking about independence since his election (which was weird) and China's trying to thwart any of those ideas.  Personally, I think it's just a huge polictical maneuver to keep Taiwan from declaring independence, but it's still not something that settles well with me for because of my family there..
Hey! I got relatives living in Taiwan too!

I'd rather not talk about this situation, because i dont know as much about Asian politics as I should, but i personally think Taiwan is in one f***ed up position right now

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
if the chinese decide to flex the muscle, it's bye bye world as we know it, so let's all pray the american empire either:

a) destroys China in a quick nuclear campaign
b) stfups and lets educated people solve that problem

otherwise, start learning chinese. there's quite a shortage of females in china, and guess where will they be looking for some action...

Top Bottom