Why do I like Berserk?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
ok Berserk freaks..... I would like to know the reasons of why Berserk is such a kick ass story and why do we like it.... thats it

D

Drachenfels

Great story, characters, quality of drawings, violence, realistic view of the medieval world. I think that sums it up for me.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
It just has everything. Great artwork, wonderful characters and plot, plenty of action, etc. ;D

bundy

BRAIN FREEZE!!!
Ditto on what everyone has already said.

There is just nothing out there like it!
Truly unique and in my opinion will go down in history as one of the best Manga!

D

Drachenfels

Truly unique and in my opinion will go down in history as one of the best Manga!

Uhmm... did you just said as one of the best Mangas? Don't you mean the best Manga of all time?

bundy

BRAIN FREEZE!!!
I could of stated the "Greatest Manga Ever" but I respect everyone who feels differently.

In my opinion, BERSERK is the Greatest!!!

The story does no get stale...it's better and looking back at the previous Volumes makes you even appreciate the story even more!

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
First I'd like say this is a cool site and I'd like to introduce myself as a forum newbie. I'm glad there is great place like this for Berserk whores such as myself. Anyway...

Why I like Berserk:

Characters-Berserk has some the most complex characters to grace a manga or an anime. They are presented in a realistic way and they come off in realistic ways. Griffith is the best example of this by showing him being totally charismatic. After seeing him after the first two or three times you don't question why anybody would follow him. He just has that "thing" that make people like him.

Situations-Berserk puts it characters through the craziest of situations. Nothing is black or white. These characters have to deal with complex problems/feelings that have no easy solution.

Themes-Berserk makes you thing about complex things that happen in real life. It makes you think about yourself and the people in your life. What character do you relate to? I can remember feeling the same way about certain things like some of the characters. It also approaches these things in a non-sugarcoated way so it really can tear at you.

Story-Put all the above things together and the story becomes a ridiculous, crazed, superdrama that pulls you in and never lets go. Can you truly be complete if you never see how this story ends?

Inspirational-Beserk just inspires me to keep going and shows it's not that bad. If Gatts can keep on living then chances are you can too. If Gatts can keep on fighting then chances are you can too. I also want to write so Berserk inspires me to get off my ass and create something 1/10th as good as it is.

Best Reason-It just fucking owns!

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
The characters have so much depth that even the gore seem to take on meaning all on their own....

Soth

Look,a bird!
:DI like it because of Kjaskar(the "girlfriend" of Guts)[don´t know the names of the characters in English].
lol :p

Top Bottom