Why so hard on Casca!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drachenfels

The ass is within you, Drach.

It is strong. You must strive to overcome it.

Do not disappoint me, Drachenfels.

MUST... CONTROL URGE.... TO FLAME....

NO.... IT'S OVERWEHLMING...... CAN'T CONTROL IT......

dizzypuck.JPG

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wow!! after that whole discussion, it is difficult to know that to speak, practically until the soul of Caska it was discussed, nor Kentaro Miura would do better! But, sells all the opinions, mainly the one of Drachenfels, Puella, Kuroi-san, All_4_yume, Orchid among other, to understand Caska is very difficult and I particularly don't find reasons to disagree of anybody. Clear, Caska or any other character is masculine or feminine, cannot please all and this same reason is the true proof of as the characters of Berserk they are so human, rare thing of seeing thereabout. Puella doesn't consider Caska, " a woman model" or " a strong woman" why it is only with a sword in the hand, and she is very right. Caska physically is a woman strong, but weak and confused of spirit, and sincerely it is that that I like in her. Unlike Luca, that is shown strong spiritually (it can be that I am wrong, but I think like this..), Caska inside stopped never being an afraid girl, with fear of losing that that protects her of that cruel world. Of course being woman, my thought is the same of Puella or of All_4_Yume, women should be as strong as men, without needing to depend of somebody (in the case, a man) to grow, to have your own dreams and the most important: to have pride of woman to be, what would the one belong after all to the men without the women? ;)
Caska, once said that she disliked to be a woman, it lost your protector and for that reason it thought your dreams had finished and wanted to make suicide. Did she demonstrate a terrible example to be for us women, certain? Then, we will twist so that Kentaro Miura to it kills in the end, certain? Good.... the things are not well like this and is that other part that we should discuss deeply, but before anything else I do want to speak that I am not the lady of the truth, and how such I cannot want all to agree with me, certain?
I noticed that Caska pleases more the masculine side and it displeases (almost) the whole feminine side, for the same reasons that I mentioned above. But, did they already stop to think why? know, we are many accustomed to see heroines of films, games and cartoons always strong that doesn't have fear of anything, beating in everything and in all, ladies of your own nose, always besieged by several men, discharges and very beautiful, true feminine representatives and the one that every woman wanted to be! Yes, that is true, every woman wants to be like this, but when we see a character like Caska to be the opposite of that model, we simply hated, therefore in the markdown. Only that didn't feel bill of a thing: accepting or non Caska is the best woman example that I already saw, why she shows as the human being it is in reality, imperfect. We want to be super as the heroines, to accomplish our dreams, to expire in the life, without having to worry with anything, but a lot of times we forgot that human being full of defects as Caska is. The life unhappily for many it is not a sea of roses and we know that have to spill a lot of tears like her it spills, for us to grow spiritually and to win the true courage.
We will also take into account, the time in that she lives, the Medium Age, that unlike today, the women's life was hard and practically it was summarized to marry, to have children and final point. What would say, if they saw a woman commanding an army? It is only to see the example of Joana D'arc, it was respected, why was an excellent commandant, liberating your country of the invaders and while it demonstrated that it won the respect of all, when it was captured by the enemies, practically all abandoned her and she was burned in the bonfire as a witch practically forgotten by the country that helped to save. What does that have to do with Caska or with the women in general? EVERYTHING! Will it be that want to just be recognized by the what we do and not for the what are we truly?
If I was in the place of Caska, partly I would act like her, a person gave me the chance of being somebody in the life, I will try but I am afraid of disappointing me, for that I will be beside that protecting person, he makes to smile at the same time he encourages me for the success, he wants to change the world and I don't also know if that feel for that person is love, but one day I will discover. Only that suddenly another man arrives with face of badly, that seemingly it doesn't mean anything, he doesn't have ideals, manners, it hates everything and he rarely laughs. What did my protector see in that person that didn't see in me? I think I understand, my protector has an only talent of seeing in your people feelings, as the angels.
The angel here would be Griffith,e the stranger Gatts, certain! Caska felt powerful beside Griffith, but Gatts always respected truly her as a woman, and she hated that. No matter how forts want to be, in the bottom we wanted to be loved by somebody with the same feelings of Gatts for her and that feeling we don't know like him it happens or when it appears, but we know that earlier or later that feeling surfaces and that only wanted we be ready for to receive it.
As Caska insane, leaning to be the same thing, the fear that was in your heart just took care of your soul, and she is how it is. If I like or not of Caska, we would owe at least to learn to contemplate on us same (and that is also worth for the men) like her did, and sincerely until the end of the series I want to see her accomplished as woman and happy, because it is what all the women want and they should be!
Yes, I know that is very big and it is for that that I finish here! ;D

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
:eek:

My eyes hurt!

Anyhow, Nadiaska, I don't think I have contributed _at all_ in terms of Caska's character. Just characters in general. ;)

Kuroi-san

Damn, the one worthwhile post I ever made was completely ignored. :-X

I think its best to let the masters weave their work.

Ah well, I suppose I shouldn't stray from my chosen path...

The Useless One!

Kuroi-san

Hmm, I think I'm much more suited to making small comments that everyone gets in an arguement about, usually about the game. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom