Berserk as a musical.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Stranger things have happened (such as the Silence of the Lambs musical, and Moulan Rouge).

I want to see what songs you think would work well. If you cant think of any, make one up yourself?

So far I can think of...

"Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child", Harry Burleigh, Sang by the demon fetus birthed by Casca.

A sweaty ballad of "It's Raining Men", Weathergirls, sung by Griffith when he aquires Guts as a member of the Hawks. It would need to be modified maybe just to "It's Raining Guts".

"The Loveshack", B52s, sang by Wild, still in prison, describing his lifestyle. Instead of saying his car is as big as a whale, he could say his pride and joy is of a similar size.

... I hope everyone likes this idea, and adds more ideas!

I hate musicals, however;
"Scum Of The Earth" Rob Zombie

Scum of the earth
Come on

Yeah
Run and kill
Destroy the will
A hero that doesn't exist
Yeah
Smoking gun
Well I am the one
A bullet hole
In your fist
Yeah

Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Yeah
Wake up dead
Bleeding red
A world that doesn't exist
Yeah
Heaven waits
With the gates
Rusting in the mist
Yeah

Yeah
Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Go [x12]

Yeah
Run and kill
Destroy the will
A hero that doesn't exist
Yeah
Smoking gun
Well I am the one
A bullet hole
In your fist
Yeah

Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Hey, I'm breathing
Hey, I'm bleeding
Hey, I'm screaming
Scum of the earth
Come on

Hey [x6] Scum of the earth

AND

Back in Black from AC/DC after the eclipse

I could think of more but nnot now.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Sparnage said:
You're running out of ideas for threads aren't you Tristram? ::)

Hell no, I just feed my ideas out at a fixed rate so that I dont get banned for overloading the forums with my brain droppings. But seriously, sometimes something just comes to mind, and I have to roll with it.

Besides... is this thread really anymore ridiculous then the "BERSERK AS A LIVE ACTION MOVIE OMG" thread? I think not, considering a live action berserk would suck so much balls. Unless I was the one who played as Guts, of course. Then the movie would rule.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
Besides... is this thread really anymore ridiculous then the "BERSERK AS A LIVE ACTION MOVIE OMG" thread?

Well, it's not any better for sure, and is overall a pretty uninspired idea. It also comes as redundant in a way with the "character theme songs" thread, and that from the start. It's not because a topic isn't as bad as another one that it's worth posting.

Now what's done is done, but keep in mind that we're trying to keep the quality/quantity ratio to the max, even if not always original. No need to discuss that any further, let's see if this thread gets on-topic replies now.

Incredible fiction definitely has potential for an incredible musical. As an example, this link goes to the music video I made featuring "O Fortuna", from a play created by Carl Orff:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3571.msg85314#msg85314

See, it can be a really cool musical! ;D

- C

PS. scroll down a tad in the video forum if you need codecs

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Tristram said:
Besides... is this thread really anymore ridiculous then the "BERSERK AS A LIVE ACTION MOVIE OMG" thread? 
I take pride in that thread. Thank you very much.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Herald of Yama said:
Live Action, Musical, Opera, the only thing that hasn't been suggested yet is a puppet show.

With that Guts plush in circulation now, it's not too far off.  Dont forget a LEGO rendition of the story.

Oltobaz said:
Silence of the lambs as a musical?? WTF?!!

Yes, it can be found here.

http://www.silencethemusical.com/index.shtml

I think "If I could Smell Her Cunt" might be another good Wyald song.

Top Bottom