Episode 253

Why is no one talking about this episode? Not even a preview... It's been out for a while now, though. I uploaded it on my site and joined just for this : http://animerendan.com/berserk253.zip

Enjoy!  ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Roman Zaemon, welcome! :)

Roman Zaenom said:
Why is no one talking about this episode? Not even a preview...

Because there's no preview.

Roman Zaenom said:
It's been out for a while now, though.

No, it's not out in Japan yet, and it's been up on the site you got these scans from for less than 3 hours.

Roman Zaenom said:
I uploaded it on my site and joined just for this : http://animerendan.com/berserk253.zip

Enjoy!  ;D

Thank you for posting it, it's nice of you. I removed the site you posted as a source though, as we're not supporting communities that mass distribute illegal material.

Anyway, this seems to be an introspective episode for Farnese, and the unexpected character is actually her mother... I wonder what are the conclusions that Farnese draws out of this situation.

I also wish I could see a color version of the second advertisement page, the oncoming Berserk wrist watch (designed by Art of War and manufactured by ORIENT) is featured there! (doesn't look as good as what I was expecting though)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
This is odd that a preview never appeared, Isn't it?

It happened before. You may not know it, but the "Berserk official corner" site even went down for 2 years or so.

Anyway, it appears that the mother of Farnese told her that Vandimion is afraid of her because he cannot control her. Farnese didn't know this of course. At the end of the episode, they're heading to a ball in their carriage (reminds me of the old days ;D).

EDIT: Added the title.

S

Some Guy

I can't seem to download this. I guess I'll have to wait for another link or something.

Looks like an interesting episode, though.

Judo

Midlands finest
mirror:

http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/sloth/Berserk%2001.jpg
http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/sloth/Berserk%2002.jpg
http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/sloth/Berserk%2003.jpg

and so forth...

BiQ_

" ... "
Damn. Still no Azan. ...guess that would've been too predictable, wouldn't it?  ::)

Really didn't see this one coming - not to mention it being in our hands today...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
BiQ-- said:
Really didn't see this one coming

If it makes you feel better, I bet we would have guessed right had we gotten an episode preview and title. ;D

S

Some Guy

Ah, thank you Judo :)

I didn't think her mother would get involved too.

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Well, I'll wait for the translation but I really liked the fact that they couldn't get there in time. Miura is developing this very nicely (reminds me of the time the BotH was stationed at the castle and all the plots going on there). Not to mention last time Guts went looking for someone it turned into one spectacular arc (the one that ended with Griffith being reborn). Having them miss her also saved having to come up with a strange way to get 4 shady looking characters into a wealthy house like that one. It wasn't a battlefield or a monster infested castle, it was a normal mansion and it would be extremely awkward if Guts rampaged his way inside or extremely embarrassing for the nobles if their daughter had such people look for her in their house (and just having schierke hypnotize everyone would ruin the story).

Thanks for the heads up on the release (and given that there's already a image mirror, I'll skip hosting this one unless requested).

Some Guy said:
Ah, thank you Judo :)

I didn't think her mother would get involved too.

I think its Farnese's brothers in the first panel where mother appears.. since one of them seems to be magnifico.. The mother looks surprisingly young for someone with four kids... I thought they were already at the ball but I guess that makes sense since if they were at the ball then we would have surely seen Rrrrrodrrrrik

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
I think its Farnese's brothers in the first panel where mother appears.. since one of them seems to be magnifico

It's not Magnifico, and I doubt any of them to be one of Farnese' brother. They appear to be mere servants, guests at best.

BiQ_

" ... "
Hmm... thoughts. Not knowing how far away Farnese is going to be transferred, are Guts&co going to follow her? I suppose they are.

And on that note, how much further has the arrival to Elfhelm just been delayed?? I'm starting to feel we're lucky if we get there in this chapter even...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
BiQ-- said:
Hmm... thoughts. Not knowing how far away Farnese is going to be transferred, are Guts&co going to follow her? I suppose they are.
From this...
Aazealh said:
At the end of the episode, they're heading to a ball in their carriage (reminds me of the old days ;D).
It sure would be intresting if everyone got dressed up for the ball, but if it is just a ball, I would guess that afterwords they would return to the manor.
I wonder though if the ball, is in honor of the proposal of Roderick to Farnese.

Aazealh said:
It happened before. You may not know it, but the "Berserk official corner" site even went down for 2 years or so.
Thanks for the Information, I was unaware. :)
Herald of Yama said:
Hey, we finally got a (partial) map of the Berserk World! :eek:
Too bad those voice bubbles, and Father Vandimion were in the way though.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Well, I wonder if Guts could move well enough without his armor to dress up for a ball.

Anyhow Farnese's mother seems like a nice lady. I like her expression on page 9.

And what did Farnese say that had Serpico looking so serious?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Rod wants to marry her. Farnese agreed in order to get Guts and co. a ship.

Where's all the unfounded speculation that Farnese's momma is an apostle?

S

Some Guy

Woland said:
Anyhow Farnese's mother seems like a nice lady.  I like her expression on page 9.

I agree. I wonder what kind of character she turns out to be.

Griffith

BiQ-- said:
And on that note, how much further has the arrival to Elfhelm just been delayed?? I'm starting to feel we're lucky if we get there in this chapter even...

I wouldn't be surprised.

Before Vritannis the story was moving along at a pretty fast clip jumping from thing to thing, so I guess we all assumed this would continue until they arrived at Elfhelm (it still could), but, for all we know, there's going to be a major build and climax on par with the rebirth chapter (I mean in length, not overall scope, of course). This seems more likely every chapter Miura spends building a foundation of intertwining plot threads rather than just having those pesky Kushans attack.

For some reason the delays make me think more and more that Guts isn't going to be in one piece by the time they arrive in Elfhelm. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
I wonder though if the ball, is in honor of the proposal of Roderick to Farnese.

It's to cheer up the soldiers before the battle.

Headless Death said:
Too bad those voice bubbles, and Father Vandimion were in the way though.

Yeah, it's not much of a map really, and even so, it doesn't seem to cover a lot of elements.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Aazealh said:
It's to cheer up the soldiers before the battle.

Which raises the question of which battle. Daiba, if I remember correclty, was talking about the clandestine nature of his own coastal assault, but are the forces here preparing to defend against him, or are they going to march/sail off elsewhere thus leaving the city relatively undefended?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mahlernut said:
are the forces here preparing to defend against him, or are they going to march/sail off elsewhere thus leaving the city relatively undefended?

I doubt them to be aware of Daiba's fleet, so my guess would be that they're planning to march against the "general in the land" Daiba speaks of in episode 243.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
I doubt them to be aware of Daiba's fleet, so my guess would be that they're planning to march against the "general in the land" Daiba speaks of in episode 243.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about "the General."

Top Bottom