Episode 253

"Griffith No More!" said:
Oh shit, I totally forgot about "the General."

And it also almost jeopardise my place in this board lolz...

btw there is 3 possible outcome for this... either Guts went in and confont the whole army of soldiers in the ball (1vs the entire troops), or join in the battle with the Kushan or manage to get Farnese out somehow peacefully (which i guess will not be easy)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
And it also almost jeopardise my place in this board lolz...

I'm not quite sure how I should take that. ^_^;

Anyway, this chapter benefited much from a translation, Farnese's mom is very interesting already. I wonder if maybe she'll even help bail Farnese out of the marriage and back into the fold with Guts if it comes to it. She admires Farnese's free spirit, and apparently has a boat afterall! Maybe Farnese shouldn't have agreed to marry the first dude she met with a ship? ;D

Also, some subtle little comparing and contrasting of Mr. Vandiminion, Griffith, and Guts going on there. Much appreciated material.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Maybe Farnese shouldn't have agreed to marry the first dude she met with a ship? ;D

Oh snap! so much is happening that I missed. :'(

bob

p.s. hurts typing with a busted pinky. i'll be done in 3 1/2 weeks!

Hi every one...I am new here
I think Farnese is trying to be usefull in her own way by accepting to the marriage and getting the ship for Gatts and Co
I doubt there will be a big fight in getting Farnese back
At the end though the mother will probably get the ship for them and help them out to escape from Magnifico, probably pissed off that his bride is getting away

I don't think the mother seems nice enough to provide her with such an easy escape. Quite the contrary I think the woman represents the uptightness of aristocracy, and is upsetting Farnese way too much to be a nice woman. I don't know about her being an apostle, but she tends to remind of the queen that made an attempt on Griffith's life.

That is...unless someone with a translation can prove me wrong.

Niff. I'm out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi skethee2, welcome.

skethee2 said:
Magnifico, probably pissed off that his bride is getting away

Magnifico's the brother, Roderick is the aspiring husband.

terrestrialhost said:
I don't know about her being an apostle, but she tends to remind of the queen that made an attempt on Griffith's life.

That is...unless someone with a translation can prove me wrong.

Well, I don't think a translation's needed to prove you wrong on that...

Griffith

Farnese's mother wasn't upsetting her, she was complimenting and empowering her as a matter of fact.

Aazealh said:
Hi skethee2, welcome.

Magnifico's the brother, Roderick is the aspiring husband.

Then they both will be pissed at her
Maybe we will get to see a battle in the sea...first time in Berserk

Farnese's mother wasn't upsetting her, she was complimenting and empowering her as a matter of fact.

yep yep...thats what it looks like she is doing

Flashback's aren't Farnese's strong point. In fact, she seems to hate her past, although she at the time enjoyed it. So her mother making her flashback ain't too great.

Niff, I'm back out.

Griffith

terrestrialhost said:
Flashback's aren't Farnese's strong point. In fact, she seems to hate her past, although she at the time enjoyed it. So her mother making her flashback ain't too great.

First of all, Farnese is introspective and striving to improve herself, so her past doesn't hurt her in a destructive way, she's always thinking about the past as a reference for making her furure. In any case, her mother was simply having a conversation with her, of course she's going to ask her about herself, and she obviously wasn't trying to cause her daughter harm.

As a matter of fact, recognizing Farnese's issue, her mother helped her re-evaluate the past and put it into a healthier context, thus healing some of that pain and confusion. Farnese is stronger now for it, making her mother actually quite a constructive force in that instance. So, I'd re-evaluate my opinion of her if I were you, starting with her own evaulation of Farnese's personality:

"You were raised without the warmth of a parent or without touching the world, by yourself. Like an animal of the wild. That is why your heart is bare and without a shell. With emotion, you are almost artistic. So much that it is hard for you to live in this world. But if you are able to find a place where you belong, because you know pain more than anyone else, you be kinder than anyone."

Farnese's mother may have all the faults of the aristocracy, but she doesn't seem bad at heart.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yeah - I can understand mistrusting Roderick's careless smiles, but Farnese's mom seems genuine so far. Like Griff said, she has the usual aristocratic faults, but beyond that she's not out to take advantage of anybody.

I keep wanting to second guess that line though, 感じることに関してはあなたは芸術的よ... I keep thinking it would work better as 'autistic' not 'artistic' ...but it's nothing like a homonym in Japanese. So I guess not.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Excellent chapter.

Turns out Farnese's family has a lot of interesting quirks. I hope her Mother's name is revealed soon, because she is a very interesting character and deserves better than "Farnese's Mom". I think Griff hit the right note when he said 'Farnese's mother may have all the faults of the aristocracy, but she doesn't seem bad at heart.'

This chapter made me look at Farnese a bit closer and I'm starting to like her character more.... but I'm still hoping to see more Azan. Hopefully he'll trash the ball with Guts and lop off some blue-blooded noggins ;)

Griffith

Re: Excellent chapter.

Uriel said:
Turns out Farnese's family has a lot of interesting quirks. I hope her Mother's name is revealed soon, because she is a very interesting character and deserves better than "Farnese's Mom".

Haha, yeah, I was having a problem with that as I wrote that post about... her. =)

We could always call her Lady Vandiminion or something.

Uriel said:
This chapter made me look at Farnese a bit closer and I'm starting to like her character more.... but I'm still hoping to see more Azan. Hopefully he'll trash the ball with Guts and lop off some blue-blooded noggins ;)

Now that's progressive speculation! ;D

I do wonder about "the ball" as well, probably a good place for Farnese to work out her family demons, since most said demons will all be in the room with her. Then Guts will show up in a leather jacket with a Harley and they'll ride off into the night, the rebel Black Swordsman and the Demon Child of Vandiminion. 8)

Seriously though, I wonder if there's going to be a not so subtle shot of Farnese's cold noble family versus her new, warm and fuzzy, family.

CnC

Ad Oculos
What do you think the chances are of a Griffith appearance at the ball?
Its possible he might mingle with the aristocracy...

Guts succumbs to the beast in .02 seconds! a new record!

Griffith

CnC said:
What do you think the chances are of a Griffith appearance at the ball?
Its possible he might mingle with the aristocracy...

Guts succumbs to the beast in .02 seconds! a new record!

I guess it would have to be a surprise visit, special guest type situation. You'd think there would be a buzz in the streets if the Hawks were in town and the man himself was making appearances at parties. Hopefully he'll march into town during dinner.

Anyway, I'm certainly looking forward to a possible "coming out" party for Griffith (no, not out of the closet you jerkweeds). Since he's been fighting a guerrilla war, his societal status has been that of a rumor or legend, so I'm looking forward to possibly seeing him in public eye.

Long live the King.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I guess it would have to be a surprise visit, special guest type situation.

I think that would be just what the doctor ordered. We have a pretty good idea of who's going to be there. Why not the surprise. Like you said, he needs to announce himself sometime.
Having Charlotte on his arm couldn't hurt, either.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
It occurs to me though, Guts doesn't move so well out of the armor.... and full plate mail isn't exactly proper attire for a formal ball...

It seems more likely that Guts would catch Farnesse as she goes out on a balcony for some air. If Griffith is there he might not see him...

Could someone refresh my memory on a few things.
1. Does reborn Griffith triggor the brand?
2. Do the seals preventing the brands from attracting demons also prevent them from from sensing demons?

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
Could someone refresh my memory on a few things. 
1. Does reborn Griffith triggor the brand?

2. Do the seals preventing the brands from attracting demons also prevent them from from sensing demons? 

1. And how! ;D

2. No, and it looks like Guts even sensed the Skull Knight and the moonlight child.

So if Griff or some Apostles were even close, Guts would know about it.

When Farnese's mother asks her if she's in love with another, she thinks about Gutts but then shrugs off that thought. Does this mean that she really does look up to Gutts as just a father figure? Too bad too, 'cus I wanted to see Gutts get it on with a sane woman for once.

H

Hokuto_Master

Funny... the little witch loves Guts... Farneze loves Guts... Guts loves Casca... and Casca loves Guts no more :'(

Some Guy said:
I agree. I wonder what kind of character she turns out to be.

Agreed there too, she's decent enough, but not a very good mother as far as I can figure out, she didn't really attend to motherly duties.

Well, she would be quite pleased, to see her daughter again for so long, she probably is one of those people fascinated and preoccupied by status and power. From her speech, she rather detest Farnese's father, she's almost calling him "chicken".

And it was certainly an interesting revelation of Farnese's father, he will probably fall under the command of God hands or some demon, he craves power far too much.

And got a question for you guys, who do you think Farnese actually loves? I don't think it's Guts to be honest, she just respects him a lot and knows he loves Casca, nor is it Roderick (yet), I think Serpico certainly got the hots for her lol. But she's not noticing it.

Top Bottom