Episode 253

H

Hokuto_Master

Serpico loves her for sure. She was about to give herself to him a long time ago, if I remember correctly. Even though she doesn't notice for now, I'm pretty sure by the end of this "marriage" side-story she will realize she has special feelings for Serpico, and those two will end up together. :)

Maybe then, they'll leave the "gang" and we'll probably enter another part of the manga, with new characters accompanying our hero. Or maybe they'll stick along with Guts, I dunno.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Freddy C said:
And got a question for you guys, who do you think Farnese actually loves? I don't think it's Guts to be honest, she just respects him a lot and knows he loves Casca, nor is it Magnifico (yet), I think Serpico certainly got the hots for her lol. But she's not noticing it.
It's Roderick who she might end up marrying, not Magnifico.  Magnifico is her brother.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
While we're clarifying who is Farnese's brother ...

Hokuto_Master said:
Serpico loves her for sure. She was about to give herself to him a long time ago, if I remember correctly. Even though she doesn't notice for now, I'm pretty sure by the end of this "marriage" side-story she will realize she has special feelings for Serpico, and those two will end up together.  :)

The simplest reason why Serpico rejected Farnese when she, as you put it, gave herself to him, was because he found out they are actually brother and sister. Farnese still doesn't know as far as we've seen. So, if they do end up romantically involved somehow, it'll be another classic Berserk moment of sexual deviancy. ;D

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
"Griffith No More!" said:
While we're clarifying who is Farnese's brother ...

The simplest reason why Serpico rejected Farnese when she, as you put it, gave herself to him, was because he found out they are actually brother and sister. Farnese still doesn't know as far as we've seen. So, if they do end up romantically involved somehow, it'll be another classic Berserk moment of sexual deviancy. ;D

Reminds me of the whole Princess Leia with Luke thing, except Luke already knew. >_>;;;

Then again "back then" incest wasn't looked down on as heavily as it is today...? I am not sure, and besides Berserk doesn't nececarily take place in any time adjacent to our own history, so that might ruin the shit of that idea, anyways.

Love conquers all? :-\

It doesn't take sexual desire to really love your sister, enough to do anything for her. Look at Mulder from X-Files...

H

Hokuto_Master

I'm pretty sure Miura wouldn't have any problem making Serpico and Farnese lovers. You said it, during the Middle-Ages incest was pretty common in the upper classes, especially royal families. And the sexuality in Berserk is so twisted than it wouldn't surprise me nor bother me either. After seeing pedophilia, snuff-related material, S&M and monster rapes... would you find their relationship shocking? Not me. Who cares if they really love each other ? :-\ Compared to the other monstrosities we've witnessed, their love will appear beautiful, and kind of "pure".

BiQ_

" ... "
Not to mention that they are "only" half-siblings. That being said, I actually don't see their love as a romance/erotic type, I think it really is more like the brother/sister or close friends type of love. For some reason I believe that when Serpico declined from eloping with Farnese she took it as an act of betrayal and buried all of her romance-type feelings towards Serpico. That's what I think of Farnese's feelings towards Serpico.

Serpico's feelings... they are a bit more of an haywired enigma for me to understand. No doubt that Farnese is the most important person to him, she did drag him out of living hell, after all. However, he knows that she is his half-sister, yet he must not reveal that information at any cost to anyone, or that's what his pact with Vandimion father says, IIRC. It would certainly be interesting to see if he reveals this secret to Farnese someday. While we probably wouldn't condemn them for having hot love relationship, Serpico himself seems to feel a pretty awkward about the idea. Even still, something about Serpico suggests me that he feels some jealousy towards Guts over Farnese, but that could be well within the brotherly love scenario. He feels anxiety over the fact that it took Guts to make Farnese feel happier (or, "less bad") about her existence. (Although it all began when meeting with Guts shocked her world badly out of joint.)

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think Serpico's feelings towards Farnese are more obvious than Farnese's towards Serpico.

Is a new episode expected this week? Edit: nvm

This episode is the as far as I got with Berserk & since I'm writing this from the mythicall land of Serbia I kinda envy u guys cos u're able to get this amazing art in its true form while I read it of a computer :'( By the way I think that Serpico's feelings for Farneze are much more platonic(not sure of the spelling but u get the idea)

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Freddy C said:
And got a question for you guys, who do you think Farnese actually loves? I don't think it's Guts to be honest, she just respects him a lot and knows he loves Casca,

I would have to disagree. I really think she loves Guts. It was just hinted two times one was when Guts saved her and Casca from the trolls in the Quilopth. If you look at Farnese expression she was blushing when she held on to guts. The second clue was when her mother asked who she loved and the first thing she thought of was Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there are enough elements available to be categoric about this...

xbigvmanx said:
If you look at Farnese expression she was blushing when she held on to guts.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's madly in love with him, just intimidated. And she's got reasons to be (besides, she blushed when she first met Roderick too).

xbigvmanx said:
The second clue was when her mother asked who she loved and the first thing she thought of was Guts.

And then she thought "No, that person to me is..."

I'm not saying she doesn't have a crush on him (much like Schierke, apparently), but she knows that Guts is Casca's man, and she's also got a lot of emotional baggage with Serpico.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's madly in love with him, just intimidated. And she's got reasons to be (besides, she blushed when she first met Roderick too).

I am not saying she is madly in love with him but the seeds are planted that love between them could bloom. Considering how much of an impact Gut's has on her life I wouldn't be surprised that later in the series it could possibly happened. As for staying with Casca, the beast does have a point. Casca is just dead weight to him and i think Casca will still reject Guts once he cures her since the Skullknight already said what he wants might not be what she wants.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
I am not saying she is madly in love with him but the seeds are planted that love between them could bloom.

It's completely one sided for now so I'm not so sure about love blooming.

xbigvmanx said:
As for staying with Casca, the beast does have a point. Casca is just dead weight to him and i think Casca will still reject Guts once he cures her since the Skullknight already said what he wants might not be what she wants.

I don't see how the Beast's point concerning Casca would be different for Farnese though, and for now Guts doesn't seem to be listening to it anyway. As for her rejecting him, I think that's too speculative to emit a judgement for now.

Top Bottom