Will Griffith be able to REALLY love a girl?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i don't think so. the only thing that is important for griffith is his dream.

if charlotte really reappears, it might be interesting though...

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Charlotte and griffith is a good pair but my guess is she will return to the scene (since she is the queen now) and perhaps handover(not really a suprise) the kingdom to Griffith without a fight. She will probably die for Griffith in the end when Gatts strikes a killing blow at Griffith and charlotte jumps in....

NAH... griffith will probably call an eclipse and have monsters rape her.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I don't think so. The whole essence of Griffith's character is his extreme focus on his dream. No matter what, he's always going to have his eye on that until he gets it.

So the only way he could is if his character takes a *huge* turn and loses his focus on the dream.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
i don t think that griffith is able to love for real!
he just too much in his dream that defines not only his life but his personality and feelings.
his dream just became too strong and dominant so that it simply overshadowed and slowly but surely replaced other aims,desires or wishes.

D

Drachenfels

no.jpg

Like everyone else already pointed out, his dream is everything for Griffith. He will not allow anything to intevere with this. Even if he loves somebody, he will sacrifice this person for his goals, like he did with Guts, Kaska and the Hawks.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
So you all think Griffith's character won't change _at all_?
Isn't that boring...
he might change...but it will be than too late...
i think it will end up really tragic with griffith...

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Who really knows what will happen? I mean doesnt he practically have a castle for himself already? Maybe he will just expand his dreams and take over Midgard....then the world... and only after that he will have time for love 8)

and BTW, if he were to love IMO he would be with Slann (she is a hotty too...) just because he doesnt want to deal with people who are of a lesser status than himself and Slann is probably the only female that is of higher or same status... of course this is not going to happen :p

I think everyone is forgetting that Griffith is very likely a CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL. Sure he banged Charlotte, but I think he'd rather be turned into Gatts's bitch... or the other way around.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think everyone is forgetting that Griffith is very likely a CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL.  Sure he banged Charlotte, but I think he'd rather be turned into Gatts's bitch... or the other way around.
How could I forget that shallow opinion? I dont know how it slipped my mind... :-X

mpd_psycho

b e L I E v e
well....after he reach his dream....maybe he will feel the need for a new dream (to love/protect someone?)....just maybe

How could I forget that shallow opinion? I dont know how it slipped my mind...

Some people don't have a sense of humor.

Anyway, to answer this question seriously, Griffith has never showed any real interest in women so far, and there's no evidence that he'll suddenly change. Miura never showed any signs even ONCE that Griffith even had an ounce of love for Charlotte (though he seems to like her enough). He also fond enough of Caska, but there wasn't any love. Of course, that kinda changed when he was reborn, but it's arguable if that could be called "love." The only person that he seems to have ever really "loved" in any way is Gatts, who isn't a woman in case anyone needs that pointed out.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i think the demon child could have brought some sensibility to griffith ... a heart ? but, the only person he could care enough to love is casca ( except, guts, though i don't think he wants sex with him :-X )
so this is a impossible situation for griffith, thus why not keeping on reaching the top of the hill ?

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
I'm guessing this is some kind of FF7 argument...

I've never played that game. I prefer Blood Omen.

D

Drachenfels

I'm guessing this is some kind of FF7 argument...

I've never played that game. I prefer Blood Omen.

I feel pity for your poor soul. :'(

Missing one of the greatest games of all time must be pretty hard...

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
i think the demon child could have brought some sensibility to griffith ... a heart ? but, the only person he could care enough to love is casca ( except, guts, though i don't think he wants sex with him  :-X )
so this is a impossible situation for griffith, thus why not keeping on reaching the top of the hill ?

Yeah good point about Caska. I dont think he can ever love a girl romantically, he just uses them strategically or selfishly.

Although I do think he will be able to love Caska as a son does a mother. I think that will be his downfall and he probably knows it and fears it. I wonder if he will then try and eliminate that threat...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Yeah good point about Caska. I dont think he can ever love a girl romantically, he just uses them strategically or selfishly.  

Although I do think he will be able to love Caska as a son does a mother. I think that will be his downfall and he probably knows it and fears it. I wonder if he will then try and eliminate that threat...
I don't think Griffith fears his feelings about Casca and wants annihilate them. Rather he doesn't really know his feelings and don't know what to do for now. I can't wait the next meeting of the trio, what will be their reactions ?

Top Bottom