Speculation for Vandimion's involvement

What plan does Miura have by involving the whole family of Farnese into the story plots? (I raised this question because I didn't even expect her mother was involved too :p)

Any speculation? Is Vandimion that powerful? Or maybe he is an apostle? (Just an example... :-X)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
What plan does Miura have by involving the whole family of Farnese into the story plots? (I raised this question because I didn't even expect her mother was involved too :p)

Any speculation? Is Vandimion that powerful? Or maybe he is an apostle? (Just an example... :-X)

I think the bottom line is that it's as simple as having them there for the benefit of exploring Farnese's character (Serpico as well, naturally). Of course they're wrapped up in the story at large, but if not for Farnese's benefit, Miura could have used any number of other scenaros to further the overall plot.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
I think the bottom line is that it's as simple as having them there for the benefit of exploring Farnese's character (Serpico as well, naturally). Of course they're wrapped up in the story at large, but if not for Farnese's benefit, Miura could have used any number of other scenaros to further the overall plot.
Ever since we were trying to pinpoint who the "unexpected visitor" was, prior to 253's release, I've been wondering what Griffith's opinion would be of the Vandeminion.

I bring it up because their family is at the center of power in Vritannis. Eventually, Griffith will pass through and lay down judgement. How will Lord Vandeminion be viewed in Griffith's eyes, given what we know about his judge of royalty already? The Vandeminion are an old, wealthy and powerful family seemingly independant of the government and church. Even more, they could be pulling some strings of their own (eat your heart out, Dan Brown 8) ).

I think that Griffith will look favorably on Vandeminion. But I could be misjudging.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Walter said:
I think that Griffith will look favorably on Vandimion. But I could be misjudging.

Why do you say that? What could Vandimion offer Griffith? The only thing that comes to mind is that an Alliance with Vandimion would make it possible for Griffith to take over Vitrannis and use the city and the assembled forces in his war. But we've already seen that Vitrannis is going to end up as a pile of rubble so I don't know how likely an alliance would be.

But then again there are other factors to consider, i.e. the Kushans and Guts' band. So I could just be talking out of my arse. :D

S

Some Guy

I've thought that Griffith would try to shake the power of Vadmidion, since his family is head of the entire Holy See, which influences several kingdoms. Though I do see him making some sort of alliance (though most likely not on equal terms) to have even more of an influence on the peoples, than he does currently does.

Griffith

Some Guy said:
I've thought that Griffith would try to shake the power of Vadmidion, since his family is head of the entire Holy See, which influences several kingdoms.

I don't remember seeing Mr. V in his pope hat.

Anyway, since the Vandiminions apparently control the WHOLE WORLD (do you think even Ganishka is under their power? ???) and are the most important central figures in the series, Griffith is going to have to make a deal with them at some point. Probably marry Farnese.

I also think Griffith will certainly make an alliance with Luca and her prostitutes to raise enough money to buy the throne of Midland from Ganishka. Luca also has control over the Skull Knight, as we see that she summoned him to rescue her in volume 20, this will help Griffith as well. He'll also have to stop the threat of the reincarnated Pirate King of Midland that has come back to get revenge on him, who knows what power he wields yet. All that leaves me wondering about is if he's going to enlist Theresia's services to assassinate Guts, or kill her to protect him?! :eek:

"Griffith No More!" said:
Griffith is going to have to make a deal with them at some point. Probably marry Farnese.

If you are not joking Griffith... I will put off this idea straightaway... (You should know Charlotte is the one that Griffith one)

S

Some Guy

You're right Griffith. I guess I didn't have a clear idea of Vadimion's position :-\. I suppose Griffith won't have any direct connection with Vadimion then.

Though I still think Griffith might eventually do something about the Holy See Alliance because of their vast influence over most non-Kushan kingdoms (Balden, Waltoria, Tudor, etc).

Griffith

Some Guy said:
You're right Griffith.  I guess I didn't have a clear idea of Vandimion's position :-\.  I suppose Griffith won't have any direct connection with Vandimion then.

I'm not saying he won't have a connection to them, the Vandiminions are obviously powerful business people and nobles with big connections, and it would certainly be an interesting situation for all concerned, but I just don't think they're necessarily that crucial in the big picture.

Some Guy said:
Though I still think Griffith might eventually do something about the Holy See Alliance because of their vast influence over most non-Kushan kingdoms (Balden, Waltoria, Tudor, etc).

He might just let them die/kill them. If he's not going to attack the city himself, he should at least know, through Sonja if nowhere else, that the city is supposedly going to burn. On the other hand, it's a good opportunity to play the hero and save them all, making him the de facto leader of all the Alliance armies.

Oh, and he'd run into Guts in the process, of course. teehee ;D

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
As important as the question " what will Griffith do with the Vandemion" is, it is only important in light of "how will the Vandemion view Griffith?"

Do they even know of his existance (outside of rumours)? When he makes his grand entrance, will they worship him? Or fear him? We know how Griffith deals with the fearful.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Herald of Yama said:
Do they even know of his existence (outside of rumours)? When he makes his grand entrance, will they worship him? Or fear him? We know how Griffith deals with the fearful.
Fearing, or worshipping, I don't think it would make a difference, for Griffith can manipulate the Fearful to do his bidding(unless, of course, the fearful are simply plotting against him.), and the worshipping have no problem helping Griffith.

S

Sanguinius

I get that feeling to i could well see him getting killed in the next few episodes.

Top Bottom