Favorite Berserk character

Gilgalad

The Journey has only begun
Well i'm new to this forum and actually this is kinda my first so please excuss me if i totally suck at it.

Well my favorite character would have to Guts

yea i know a lot of people have probably said that but he's the main character and after what Griffith did to him and casca how can you not be all for Guts

i hope Guts chops off Griffith's special purpose if you know what i mean, that no good son of a bitch.

oooohhhh sorry got off topic there

Guts is the most awesome because off all comic or graphic novel characters i have ever seen he is the most dynamic and emotionally realistic.

I guess what I'm trying to say is i really love berserk. In my opinion the creator is a genius. I can't really describe how emotional i get when i come to this site and see how many other people love berserk it makes me happy to see that others love what i love

thank you

My favorite character has to be Guts. Guts is insane no matter who is comming at him guts will never back off, and guts will always a way to destroy what ever is attacking him. Nobody can kill guts! :zodd:

Besides Guts, Judeau would have to be my favorite character of the series. He was just a great guy and was able to put his feelings aside for Casca cause he knew she and Guts could have a future. And for that, Judeau is my number one man!!

Also throwing knives are sweet and he came up with the idea to defeat the Bakiraka.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Hum Guts, Skullknight and Zodd :guts: :SK: :zodd:

this three characters are one of the reason Berserk is my favorite

S

Sama

GUTS! :guts:
Caska Both pre- and post-eclipse, =) She's my idol. :casca:
Skullknigt, Judeau.
Puck, Schierke, Isidro, Serpico, Farnese, Evarella,. Technically all the members of guts' new band ^^

if I'm gonna be a bit evil (mähää) I'll say The godhand whore herself; Slan!
She's a girl who goes for it ;)

I never liked Griffith, to me he has always "been" a fancy person, maybe it's because of his hair.
And afterall, he is a horrible person! He sacrificed everyone who looked up to him, raped my idol and Much much more. Ghrr! I freaking hate that bia***!

D

Death Can Wait

Sama said:
GUTS! :guts:
Casca Both pre- and post-eclipse, =) She's my idol. :casca:
Skullknigt, Judeau.
Puck, Schierke, Isidro, Serpico, Farnese, Evarella,. Technically all the members of guts' new band ^^

if I'm gonna be a bit evil (mähää) I'll say The godhand whore herself; Slan!
She's a girl who goes for it ;)

I never liked Griffith, to me he has always "been" a fancy person, maybe it's because of his hair.
And afterall, he is a horrible person! He sacrificed everyone who looked up to him, raped my idol and Much much more. Ghrr! I freaking hate that bia***!

I actually agree with everything you said here and pretty much in your order for my own favorites (Guts and Casca being my two). However I adore Griffith for that reason, he's the only villian that really I've ever hated and for a great reason.

S

Sama

Death Can Wait said:
I actually agree with everything you said here and pretty much in your order for my own favorites (Guts and Casca being my two). However I adore Griffith for that reason, he's the only villian that really I've ever hated and for a great reason.

Hehe, I see :serpico:.
Yes, well.. I do agree with you about Griffith I guess.. and well to be honest, i think
He is Worth to be hated, if you know what i mean.

Like.. I loathe/hate all of the apostles!.. Some more, some less, but they (except for some) are not worth the hate hehe..
But I don't think it's because of the erm.. how can I say this.. amount of evilness ^^ that I hate him..

Hehehe, I can't explain very well, sorry about that ^^

Sama said:
Hehe, I see  :serpico:.
Yes, well.. I do agree with you about Griffith I guess.. and well to be honest, i think
He is Worth to be hated, if you know what i mean.

Like.. I loathe/hate all of the apostles!.. Some more, some less, but they (except for some) are not worth the hate hehe.. 
But I don't think it's because of the erm.. how can I say this.. amount of evilness ^^ that I hate him..

Hehehe, I can't explain very well, sorry about that ^^

Well like the old saying goes, you just love to hate Griffith :griff:

Alrighty then, I'll also post a short list of characters I like and which nobody is waiting for :troll:
Of course, I like most of the main characters of the series, (though I don't think the Neo-Hawks are interesting at all.. Only Sonja and Mule are), I want to elaborate on two persons who stand out, for me.

The first character that comes to mind is Luca. Even though her character has a quite small role, and she doesn't really develop during the story. I like her, because she stands out against the rest of the characters during that chapter. Most of the people in Albion look up to other people for help, most of them to Mozgus, Farnese to Guts for example, they are afraid or insecure. Luca though is sure of her actions, isn't afraid, she is a mother to the prostitutes. While everyone is afraid of dying, Luca goes back to the tower. In short, most of the people in Berserk have their weaknesses, dark sides or something like that, but Luca stands out as one of the only persons who doesn't have bad traits. While people could argue that this fact makes her a plain and boring character, who couldn't develop because she was 'perfect' already (that, and the fact that she only appeared in 4 or 5 volumes.) I like her for that, because she stands out to everyone else.

Roshinu (Roshinu? Rochine? ah well) is also an interesting character (the lost children chapter is one of my favourites), especially coupled with Guts at that time, because Guts was so 'inhuman', during that time. Roshinu was at heart just a child, she was quite deranged, just like her 'little paradise,' but at heart she wasn't evil, I think. I think the scene, when Guts has almost killed her, and she is lying on the ground with Jill, makes that clear. I felt sorry for her, (just like Miura intended, I guess :miura: ), and Guts trying to kill her (and Jill) was quite.. 'fucked up' (I can't think of anything better at the moment.) It makes one wonder who really was the monster at that moment, and it makes Roshinu an interesting character, because she is a monster, but also a little girl, and Guts was the 'heartless' swordman at that moment.

Forgive my terrible english, I am dutch and haven't been speaking/writing in english for quite some years. Well, I think I can write quite a bit of english, but I have a lot of difficulty trying to explain things (it would be so much easier in dutch!), I think most of the explanations in this post are quite.. stiff and bland.

Excluding Guts for obvious reasons, I've gotta say that Farnese is my favorite character. I feel like she's the most dynamic, having really changed from the time of her first appearance. She's gone from being a blind sheep of faith, and someone who could have easily become a tool of Griffith now that he's got the pontiff in his pocket, to someone whose mind has opened to magic and the truths of the world beyond her biased teaching and original understanding of it. She's really come a long way in terms of her own self-awareness, and I greatly respect that about anyone. I definitely feel like she's one of the best flawed characters in the series to recognize, with help, those flaws, and really try to correct them, becoming a better person.

Also, she's totally got that sexually repressed Catholic school girl vibe going. HOT! :isidro:

Guts aside, my favorite character is Silat. Despite his villainous qualities, he's got that "crook-with-honor" thing going on. Plus, his theatrical tendency to call out the names of his attacks, before he executes them, is pretty hilarious.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
Despite his villainous qualities, he's got that "crook-with-honor" thing going on. Plus, his theatrical tendency to call out the names of his attacks, before he executes them, is pretty hilarious.

He's not really a villain, despite having led an attack on the Hawks (while they were considered criminals themselves). And he doesn't call out the names of his attacks, he just told Guts how his weapons were called once (praising their lethality in a vain effort to impress him).

Aazealh said:
He's not really a villain, despite having led an attack on the Hawks (while they were considered criminals themselves). And he doesn't call out the names of his attacks, he just told Guts how his weapons were called once (praising their lethality in a vain effort to impress him).

For that he ended up being compared to a circus clown, by Guts. But still, Silat is fiercely intelligent and cunning in battles, and knows when to attack and when to retreat. In vol 9, when Guts defeated him and his group, rather than sticking around and getting killed like any other enemy that Guts faced, Silat and his men immediately retreated without having to suffer further damage. That was very smart of him, if you ask me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
For that he ended up being compared to a circus clown, by Guts.

Actually, Guts joked about how he should rather be a street performer from the beginning (simply because of his incredible agility and his original fighting style), before Silat named his weapons. Guts kept teasing him and in return Silat tried to destabilize him by talking about his exotic weapons and their unknown (to Guts) potential. It didn't work, but that was a valid try.

BayJumper said:
But still, Silat is fiercely intelligent and cunning in battles, and knows when to attack and when to retreat.

Of course, nobody said otherwise. I appreciate his character greatly.

BayJumper said:
In vol 9, when Guts defeated him and his group, rather than sticking around and getting killed like any other enemy that Guts faced, Silat and his men immediately retreated without having to suffer further damage. That was very smart of him, if you ask me.

Yes, that was a wise move (a trait of his character to which we're accustomed). He had only been hired by the local lord to lead that group of mercenaries during the raid anyway (since Guts had refused), he had no personal interest in the Hawks at the time.

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
Guts is first favorite, of course. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be into the story nearly as much.

Next is Ganishka. Being the rebellious apostle, I am very intrgued by him, and hope he gets to stick around for a long time to come.

And my third favorite is Farnese, after she comes around to Guts her inner dialogue and the evolution of her character have impressed me, even though the volume devoted to her and Serpico's past bored me to tears. I'd like to see her become more reliable and maintain a greater presence in the future.

Oburi

All praise Grail
My fav. characters are probably Guts and Judo (no surprise) but I also liked lord Raban and I hope he comes back at one point. At this point in the story the characters I find most interesting are Mule and Silat, since I'm not sure how their roles are going to play out in future volumes. Locus "The Moonlight Knight" is very cool too. And the leader type guy of those Mozgus' disciples was really cool too (the one with the beak mask). I always thought he looked badass especially when he changed. Does he have a name that we know of?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
And the leader type guy of those Mozgus' disciples was really cool too (the one with the beak mask). I always thought he looked badass especially when he changed. Does he have a name that we know of?

We don't know his name, and he wasn't the leader of the disciples. They all just served Mozgus.

B

bastard_swordsman

My favourite would have to be Gutts, from the point of Griffith's reincarnation. I like the way he's sort of learning to be human again, just like in his time with the Hawks. I think it adds a sense of hope to the story, especially once he gained control over his armour with Schierke's help - the whole concept of taking back his humanity is something I really understand.

I guess this thread would reflect more on peoples character if you weren't allowed to pick Guts... as the main character, it's sorta in his job description to appeal to everyone.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
bastard_swordsman said:
I guess this thread would reflect more on peoples character if you weren't allowed to pick Guts... as the main character, it's sorta in his job description to appeal to everyone.

I actually think thats what makes Berserk so great, is because everybody mostly everybody loves/likes Guts, I mean the other manga/anime I like, most of them I dont really like the main character at all.

Top Bottom