griffith interest

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
did griffith ever have any feelings towards caska? when he was a helpless cripple - just before things changed a bit - and saw caska standing at gattsu's side... was he... jealous?? or did he just hate gattsu for destroying his dream
hmmm... during the eclipse - was the raping of caska a result of his real feelings towards her - or was he just displaying his power to gattsu?

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I think, by the way slann explained it on the side, it's more like a combination of all that caused him to do such actions.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, it’s been a long time since I thought about this stuff, here’s my thoughts on it at this very moment…

I don’t think Griffith loved Caska romantically, he was too driven by his dream to let emotions get in the way, he was surely very fond of her but the only person Griffith ever loved despite himself was Guts.

Griffith wasn’t jealous of Guts, if anything he would be jealous of Caska, but I really don’t think it was a matter of jealousy, more about feelings of betrayal. Their coming together in his absence was somehow a great betrayal to Griffith. It could be looked at as jealously, the fact that their happiness flourished during his suffering, that they could become so happy without him. Also some control issues lie there, along with them learning to live without him I don’t think Griffith really noticed Guts and Caska getting closer before his imprisonment, it must have been a real shock to see that two people he always thought of as being at each others throats or at the very least standoffish comrades had become lovers. So, I think he felt totally betrayed by their new relationship, like they were abandoning him for each other.

Caska’s rape at the hands of Femto is a very complicated issue, there are many factors that need to be considered when analyzing it…having said that, I won't discuss any of those factors at all ;D, my short answer is that the rape wasn’t any kind of manifestation of love that Griffith held for Caska, at least not in my humble opinion as Monsieur Hague would say.

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...you could be in right, dear Griffith...however, there is something that comes from Grifis towards Caska...

...it's jelousy, in my opinion, but not jelousy about something like love affaires...

...it's jelousy for possession...

;)

...Grifis is ( ...ehm...was!!! ehehe... ) very usefull to take all he wants, both about people, than about things...
...so, Grifis is not able to accept that Caska was not anymore venerating him, but she was becoming independent, feeling something for Gatsu...

...possession is the real point...

;)

W

waqas786uk

Hey all

While i was reading the reply posted by paradiselost I was thinking about griffith's rape of caska when i realised something I hadn't thought about before, something that could have a major impact on caska's future.

You all know that griff and caska first met when he saved her from that peadophile nobleman. I always thought that griffith had saved caska until our griffith pointed out that really he gave her the power to save herself

Now your all also aware that after caska was raped byt griff/femto she kinda lost it and reverted to a child like state in essence becoming a young girl again So one could suggest that in caska's mind the years between caska and griff's first meeting and the eclipse never occured. When griff first met caska he gave her the power to save herself but when he raped her he took it away again. I hope you understand what Im trying to say here.... ???

So what do you think this means for caska in the long run? Will she ever get her strength/mind back? Will she play a major role in the end of the series? Will gatts be able to do something to help her? Will griffith ever get a decent hair cut?
(hehehe)

bye

waqas

P

paradiselost

...that's a really good point, dear friend...

...you theory is strong, and it has a real point of reason...

:)

...but, then, what have to happen to let Caska then recover all the time she lost then, if you are really right?

...uhmmmm...this is a good point to understand...

;)

D

Drachenfels

I think he raped her to demonstrate his new power to Guts, to have revenge on him and show him how it is to be a helpless cripple.
The only feeling he had towards Kaska was that she was a good tool for him, like the rest of the band of the hawk.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
No, I'm sure there had to be more than that.

I think Griffith didn't "use" the Band of the Hawk, I think he appreciated them, for without them he wouldn't have been able to get so close to his dream. I think he saw Caska as a comrade-in-arms, so... yeah.

I never know how to finish my goddamn messages! :-X

D

Drachenfels

No, I'm sure there had to be more than that.

I think Griffith didn't "use" the Band of the Hawk, I think he appreciated them, for without them he wouldn't have been able to get so close to his dream. I think he saw Caska as a comrade-in-arms, so... yeah.

That's what I meant. He saw them as a very good tool, but he had never "real" feelings like towards Guts to them.

Personally, I think Femto's rape of Casca had everything to do with his rebirth. Guts' anger and Casca's mental state are just secondary effects in the scheme of things.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
The rape was all about Guts and it had really nothing to do with Caska. Femto/Griffith just did it to show Gatts what he felt like in that prison. Show Gatts that's he's a weak little bitch and then put him out of his misery after it's over. I don't believe Femto/Griffith intentionally let them leave nor do I believe he had it planned to be reborn in the world through Caska's baby (just ironic luck).

Griffith unfortunately turned into a hater while he was in prison and started to blame Gatts for the problems he brought on himself (the classic "blame somebody else for your mistakes"). With this realization, Gatts becomes the object of his hate and jealously as he helped take the away the most important thing in his life. Caska knows this that's why she tells Gatts to leave and thus choosing Griffith over Gatts. Griffith was insane with hate before he turned to Femto and that's why I don't believe that Femto's actions weren't his own (remember when he tried to jump Caska's bones right before the Eclipse?).

Kuroi-san

Yes, that is one of the few pieces of manga that I have read, actually. The look on his face couldn't be anything but hesitation.

Kuroi-san

Because if those wierd things (aren't they the leftover bits from dead apostles, or something?) he was shooting had actually connected wit SK, he'd at least have some damage done to him. And if Void and Femto did some kind of double team on him... he would have lost. No doubt.

mpd_psycho

b e L I E v e
first femto performed an attack that can crush anything he desired....and when SK prepared to escape femto had actually streched his hand to attack again...but he hesitate and decided not to attack...

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Griffith with jealousies of Caska? I sought in all the mangás and in it encourages him some part or I dialogue that proved that Griffith had interest in Caska and I didn't find. With relationship to her there is not doubt any, until would be lover of him if he wanted, but he never gave reasons or insinuations that he cared with her as woman, Griffith was always interested in your growth as warrior, she was like this one more among so many for you help him to accomplish your dream. Griffith felt jealousies it was of Gatts, however I don't know how to affirm that love type Griffith sits down for Gatts, arriving to the point of ruining everything that got. Before it eclipses, was Griffith betrayed and abandoned for Gatts and Caska, and her rape in my opinion it was to take revenge of Gatts, do I doubt that on that hour, was Griffith thinking about your turn, through the son of Caska, who would guess that she was pregnant or would Skullknight come to save them? In my opinion the child demon's use for the renaissance of Griffith was same work of the causality.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
He could have used his power against them, and he decided not to. That's pretty obvious.
i think you misunderstood me. sure it is obvious that he could have crushed guts and caska easilz, for they are human beings.
but how do you know he would have been able to defeat the skull knight. perhaps skullknight s power matches the power of god hand?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
but how do you know he would have been able to defeat the skull knight. perhaps skullknight s power matches the power of god hand?
well i don t think that SK could challenge the God Hand...
...thinking of his attack on Void during the eclipse that just went out to be totally effectless!

Kuroi-san

Yeah, you saw how easily Void deflected his attack. I'm not sure about the others, like Ubik and Conrad, though.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
IMO the Skulllknights power is somewhere between that of the apostles and the godhand.
I am pretty sure his power tops the power of Zodd, and well... as I said i am not sure about the godhand. May be that attack you mentioned, Maximus, maybe it was it wasnt the best SK can come up with. perhaps his real has yet still to come. that is why asked Olivier, what makes you so sure that...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
does the sk have any magical skills!? :-/
if yes i d with trappe_soul but if not i don t know how he could ever defeat god hand...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
does the sk have any magical skills!? :-/
if yes i d be with trapped_soul but if not i don t know how he could ever defeat god hand...
i guess we all don't know. his skills for sure transcend those of a bare human by far. it would be cool though if a confrontation between a godhand and skully would be a close and thrilling one...

Top Bottom