Susumu Hirasawa's Music

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Hy all,

does any of you posess any albums of hirasawa? i admire the man for the music he created for berserk the anime and ps-game. i can't figure out which of his cd's are related to the berserk music in terms of style, for he has produced quite a lot of cds.
if you have any recommendations, let me know please.

and yes... i checked out his site already.

-TS

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Do you have the Berserk anime or Dreamcast game soundtrack yet?  Both are good, if you don't have them yet.

As far as his regular albums go, I'd suggest "Kyuusai no gihou" (Technique of Relief) to start with.  It's the first one I got, and one of my favorites. It's a good all around selection of his stuff, with a nice mix of mellow, melodic tunes and songs with a good beat. 

I currently have the above mentioned album, Aurora, Sim City, Solar Ray and Siren.  Siren is a little more mellow than the rest, and Solar Ray is probably the most "hyperactive".  Solar Ray has a very cool remix of Forces on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sky has it right. Kyusai no Gihou is his best album, in my opinion. A close second is Kenja no Propellor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
kk. thanks you two. know any good spot for ordering? or did you buy them on ebay?

-TS
I bought mine the same place I got my Young Animal subscription, a local japanese book store. I recommend cdjapan if you dont have one of those ( http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ )

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Ok, ok, here I am...   ;D

I'll third the Kyuusai no Gihou vote.  It rocks. 

For buying Hirasawa CDs online, the best way is from the CD shop on his site.  They ship fast as hell.  Cdjapan has the various Berserk OST's (obnoxiously, they aren't listed under Hirasawa).  Amazon.co.jp has many older CD's that aren't for sale on his site or cdjapan.

Also..   I've been working on a Hirasawa fanpage for a little while.  I guess I'll premiere it here!  The main page is... somewhat fangirly.  There's also a lyric and translation section.  Pls feel free to PM me comments!  :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome work on the site. A tribute like this has been long-deserved for the man. The interviews on Rocketbaby are a must-read.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
hmm... 3,000 yen for a cd with 10 tracks... w/out shipping. that's pretty expensive. hope this is worth it.

i can't find the Kyuusai no Gihou at Hirasawa's shop, however. only at cdjapan.
and lith: nice website! :)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
trapped_soul said:
hmm... 3,000 yen for a cd with 10 tracks... w/out shipping. that's pretty expensive. hope this is worth it.

i can't find the Kyuusai no Gihou at Hirasawa's shop, however. only at cdjapan.
and lith: nice website!  :)

Japanese CDs do run pretty expensive, but especially for Kyuusai no Gihou, it's worth it.  CD Japan also now has a frequent shopper point program, which is pretty useful if you order from them often.  (Or if you tend to order ginormous DVD box sets like I do :p )

Lith-awesome site!  Love the drawing of Hirasawa on there!  If you (or anyone) are looking for more videos of him, not sure if you already have it or not, but on the Millenium Actress soundtrack there's a video for Rotation(Lotus 2) if you pop the CD in your computer.

Top Bottom