Lucca

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
it always occured to me that Lucca is the most "rational" and "philosphically sound" person in berserk

she also seems to be the strongest female char (perhaps not just female...) of berserk

in another word, i really like this character. since i haven't read vol 21, can anyone tell me what happens to her

oh yeah, i wouldn't mind people discussing lucca as a character either

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
as i said in some post earlier, i think lucca is some sort of holy palading..thingy...but i also didn't read the 21. Ar u from readin the italian volumes like me?

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
THAT STEP TO THE END WITH LIGHTING UP AND THE OTHERS BEFORE OF IT HAPPENED IN ALBION?

Rod_Su

I might be crazier than you think.
it always occured to me that Lucca is the most "rational" and "philosphically sound" person in berserk

she also seems to be the strongest female char (perhaps not just female...) of berserk

in another word, i really like this character. since i haven't read vol 21, can anyone tell me what happens to her

oh yeah, i wouldn't mind people discussing lucca as a character either

She saved one of her follower (again) during the great surge of darkness. And she somehow saved herself by jumping into a well (the surge didn't get to her). She is the center of calm in all this craziness.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The last we see of her, she is sitting with Jerome and the girls, minus Nina (who went off with Joachim).

I really liked Lucca too, her only flaw is that she’s already complete, there isn’t much to discuss.  She’s already a strong and self-assured individual, she doesn’t really have any growing up to do or inner conflicts to deal with; no emotional journey.  It’s not a bad thing, just nothing to write manga volumes about.

I do hope we get to see her again though.

-Griffith

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
The last we see of her, she is sitting with Jerome and the girls, minus Nina (who went off with Joachim).

I really liked Lucca too, her only flaw is that she’s already complete, there isn’t much to discuss.  She’s already a strong and self-assured individual, she doesn’t really have any growing up to do or inner conflicts to deal with; no emotional journey.  It’s not a bad thing, just nothing to write manga volumes about.

-Griffith

Indeed. However, there is something that puzzles me about her. When Skully saves her from falling off the albion tower, and the whole beherit apostle scene, he mentiones something "could it be as before..." with the usual unfinished sentence that drives fans crazy. As many characters seem to incarnate some sort of historical loop, maybe she has a role opposite to the whole "evil crew" (gh, zodd, griffy)...

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

I do hope we get to see her again though.

-Griffith

Looks like we agree again. Not much to discuss regarding someone who has her stuff together. I enjoyed her character. I hope I see her again as well.

However, there is something that puzzles me about her. When Skully saves her from falling off the albion tower, and the whole beherit apostle scene, he mentiones something "could it be as before..." with the usual unfinished sentence that drives fans crazy.
Er... No, he doesn't say anything like that. ^^;;

Re: Her name is Lucca, living on the 2nd floor

So what does he say? Don't leave us hanging!!!
Smething that isn't necessarily "mysterious"... He just wonders about her motivations when she gos back to the tower, in my opinion, that's all.
I don't have the volume right here, but if I remember well, when he sees her going, he first thinks she may have lost her mind, and then says "or maybe..."...
Or maybe, it's true courage, in my opinion?
People like Luca aren't especially common, in the world of Berserk...

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Re: Her name is Lucca, living on the 2nd floor

Smething that isn't necessarily "mysterious"... He just wonders about her motivations when she gos back to the tower, in my opinion, that's all.
I don't have the volume right here, but if I remember well, when he sees her going, he first thinks she may have lost her mind, and then says "or maybe..."...
Or maybe, it's true courage, in my opinion?
People like Luca aren't especially common, in the world of Berserk...

True. Fans have a way of reading too much into stuff. Can't blame them tho' considering we don't really truly know anything about G-Hand, SK and so on. (It's mostly speculation)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Indeed. However, there is something that puzzles me about her. When Skully saves her from falling off the albion tower, and the whole beherit apostle scene, he mentiones something "could it be as before..." with the usual unfinished sentence that drives fans crazy. As many characters seem to incarnate some sort of historical loop, maybe she has a role opposite to the whole "evil crew" (gh, zodd, griffy)...
He really say it: But it was not concerning Lucca. Everytime he had line like that i remember that the first work of Miura was about a modern day japanese that traveled back in time to become the legendary Gengis Khan (after he killed the real one). I suspect that the real origins of skully are similiar and that the present is really skully past (or the future relived)

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
It is the following: Luca is a prostitute! With that beginning and your " profession ", she with certainty would be a character despised by most of the fans of Berserk (including me). I don't see anything of good in the prostitution, that just leaves the lowest and dirty people, to the eyes of the society and of all. However the prostitution has several faces and I want to analyze her, seen on the side of Luca. The girls farmers' life in the medium age, was not easy, she could not dream loud, how to have a same life the more the one of the noblemen becomes a, the maximum that got they were becomes lovers of noblemen that with fear of they be rejected by the family, they suggested them this life. Is it better of the than to live being besieged, to run the risk of being raped somewhere or to see your parents to sell for some noble (as it was the case of Caska)? With certainty that yes.
Luca is a poor girl, however the idea that you are worth less for being poor it didn't affect your head: she is very intelligent, beautiful and dedicated and treats your friends as if she was a mother. Luca knows about the risks of your work, but observing the conditions in that she is, perhaps the only way to survive, be if it uses of your beauty and body, and perhaps finds like this somebody that the free once and for all of that life. Luca is shown very sincere with all and perhaps that turns her a worthier woman, that all the noble women that passed up to now in the history of Berserk, she doesn't need luxuries to prove your value, and it is for that that after Caska, Luca is my second favorite character in Berserk. Miura concluded the participation of Luca and up to now it didn't create a character the height or interesting like her, the girl Shierke and the without salt Sônia, didn't still prove so that they came, and of the way that goes, they are far away from they be as interesting as Luca. As we don't know the future, perhaps I am wrong, but albeit the author could bring some characters of turn or saying at least if the life of some of them changed, with Black Swordman's passage in your lives. Which was the destiny of Luca, after all? ???

Top Bottom