Episode 254

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Edit: There was an image here and a comment on it. I've traded it for a few less posts downplaying mine. Just a note for future readers :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
GoHF said:
Guts' eye seems open :/ freaky. Has Miura gotten new aids already?

Looks closed to me.

PS: In case some people wonder, the two guys on page 4 are Giorgio and Politiano, Magnifico's brothers.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
hey everyone the tower of Arnolfo doesn't remind you something ? (page 1)

ao.jpg

see here
http://www.mega.it/eng/egui/monu/sparnolf.htm

GoHF

I'm a llama!
roberto999 said:
hey everyone the tower of Arnolfo doesn't remind you something ? (page 1)

I guess if you aren't familiar with that location (ie: if you don't live in the same country) you wouldn't get it. I know I didn't,lol. Still, the resemblance is striking. Miura is known to use photos of real places to come up with his scenarios (which is one of the reasons there's so much detail everywhere). Thumbs up on spotting this one :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Awesome stuff. This is precisely what I wanted from this episode. 

Everything I wanted and more (Owen!), like...

beardedjerome.jpg

Bearded Jerome? 8)​

bugeyes.jpg

And it's about time someone gave Serpico this look.​

Better yet, Schierke got a cape intro! She now joins the ranks of Guts, Griffith and other usually menacing characters that are introduced by their flowing, yet deadly, wardrobe. I can only assume from past experience, that Schierke is going to cut those men down in most violent fashion. =)

P.S. I still like Farnese's Mom.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks Aazealh.

Hmm, looks like Magnifico made Momma mad.

I wonder, would Owen recognize Guts?

Woland said:
Thanks Aazealh.

Hmm, looks like Magnifico made Momma mad.

I wonder, would Owen recognize Guts?
I think he will after the hell they went through I know i sure as heck wouldnt have forgotten Guts's face

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Thank you Aazealh for the new episode.
GoHF said:
Guts' eye seems open :/ freaky.
I think that it is just an optical Illusion of the shading.
"Griffith No More!" said:
Bearded Jerome? 8)
It looks just like him :), It would be fantastic if Luca wasn't far behind. ;D
But I suppose I am just getting my hopes up.

S

Some Guy

puella said:
A very impatient preview of the next episode from YA:

A dark shadow is coming there....

Interesting. Looks like Volume 29 will end with a big cliffhanger.

It looks like Guts and Co. are going to crash the party.

Thanks for the scans...

Anyway commenting in the last panel of the chapter... It is really weird to see Guts face in a form of cartoon expression... It somehow give me a werid feeling :-\

BiQ_

" ... "
Thank you Aazealh.

I may have to recheck my view of Serpico's feelings towards Farnese by the time volume 29 is over... good stuff.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
It is really weird to see Guts face in a form of cartoon expression... It somehow give me a werid feeling  :-\
Like Miura's never done that before? Volume 16 has one of the most blatant instances, and it still makes me laugh.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Plus, several chapters ago he talked to the "audience," so seeing him with a cartoonish face isn't that surprising.

Griffith

First of all, it's a fucking cartoon drawing! Secondly, there's not even anything "wrong" about his face in that shot, it's just different, and as a matter of fact, it looks less "cartoony" than usual. I'm tired of reading the random panel amateur art critique post in every new episode thread. Artists, back me up here? Sky?

I can't be the only one tired of this shit:

"d00d, wut iz upwit ths, es mieura loosing hs tutch? ::) ???"

Aw, Fuck all y'all. =)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
GoHF said:
Btw, what's up with this image:
Guts_head.jpg

Guts' eye seems open :/ freaky. Has Miura gotten new aids already?

This drawing is the suspect? Why? If anything it might be slightly looser than normal, but huh?? Oh I forgot, Miura's art is photorealistic.
I'm surprised people didn't complain about Magnifico's "crazy" expressions.

I guess it was time for random art complaints to resurface. I remember a big stink was raised about a panel of Guts' expression at Griffith's rebirth. And it's always blamed on the new assistants. ;D

Anyway, I agree, Griff. There are thousands of drawings in every volume, yeah, there might be a mistake every once in a while. But I honestly don't see the problem with this drawing. And Miura is the last person anyone should complain about. Compared to most manga artists I very very rarely see any crappy drawings. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to reading where Roderick and Magnifico's "evil" schemes will lead...

Does it seem odd to anybody that Farnese comes back after all that time (completely out of the blue), and nobody seems even slightly interested in where she she has been or what she was up to?

"Faraneeze?! Wow we thought you might be dead.  Anyway meet your new fiancee, put on this dress, and get ready for the big ball.  We've got to get you reintroduced to society Mrs......Roderick...um......you know, your brother's friend."

Griffith

I appreciate the backup against the art police, Sky, thanks. I wouldn't say I like that shot, but I appreciate it exactly because it isn't Guts typical look. Adds some more dimension to his overall look in my mind.

Faust said:
Does it seem odd to anybody that Farnese comes back after all that time (completely out of the blue), and nobody seems even slightly interested in where she she has been or what she was up to?

"Faraneeze?! Wow we thought you might be dead.  Anyway meet your new fiancee, put on this dress, and get ready for the big ball.  We've got to get you reintroduced to society Mrs......Roderick...um......you know, your brother's friend."

No.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
This episode is just what we need to relieve us from the past inaction from the last episodes. I guess its for sure now that Owen and Raban will have a huge part in the future.

I just hope that theres no yaoi involving both of them...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There's no translation available yet aufond.

TheSkyTraveller said:
Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to reading where Roderick and Magnifico's "evil" schemes will lead...

Well first, be aware that Roderick is in the same familial situation than Magnifico, meaning that he's not doing very well for now. They're planning to announce Roderick and Farnese' engagement during the ball, and because so many people will be there, Vandimion won't be able to oppose it afterwards.

There's also some plan going around to conquer important locations in Midland, on cover of taking back "Holy See property" from the Kushans. Owen has a disagreement with the other nobles too, as he pleads for them to win Midland back, but they absolutely want the royal family to be leading them (Charlotte in this case).

Mommy later tells Magnifico that he's like his father was (not a compliment since we know what she thinks of him), and that he'd better not try to manipulate Farnese if he doesn't want to encounter the same troubles his father did.

What earned Serpico the "weirdo" glance of Magnifico is his answer to Lady Vandimion's questions: he's been serving Farnese for more than 10 years, and feels like they're twin trees, that can't get together, nor get away from each other. She strolls off snickering that it "smells like forbidden" (hard to transcribe).

"Griffith No More!" said:
I wouldn't say I like that shot, but I appreciate it exactly because it isn't Guts typical look.

Well I do like it myself.

Top Bottom