Who will be the one to bring down Zodd?

• Guts

Votes: 58 56.9%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters
Zodd is interested in how far Guts has come.  He was also impressed by his abilities when they first met.  Guts seemed to be almost even with Zodd's human form on the hill of swords, even though Zodd seemed to still have a strength advantage.  And now that Guts has the berserk armor he is at least more than a match for Zodd's human form.

Skull Knight and Zodd are age old rivals.  And what a fierce rivalry it is.  Zodd doesn't even bother fighting Skull Knight in his human form because he would probably get spanked severely.

Then again there's the chance that neither of them will take out Zodd.  Someone else that we haven't even thought of or hasn't even been introduced could take him out in the end.  Or, there's the chance that he might not even meet his end.

What do ya think?

I'm gonna go with Guts.  Zodd was the first thing that Guts actually ever really feared.  He never felt that kind of fear/despair in any battle like the time he came up against Zodd.  It would seem fitting for Guts to bring Zodd down.

H

Hokuto_Master

I voted SkullKnight because I would love to have a double final battle, Guts VS Griffith, SK VS Zodd.
But I don't think it will actually happen.  :-\ Maybe he won't even die at all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dwarf Kicker said:
I'm gonna go with Guts.  Zodd was the first thing that Guts actually ever really feared.  He never felt that kind of fear/despair in any battle like the time he came up against Zodd.  It would seem fitting for Guts to bring Zodd down.

I voted Guts too, for the same reasons. No proof, clue or whatever, just a feeling.

S

Sanguinius

I also voted Guts no real reason behind my decision just because Zodd was the first demonic creature Guts had met and it would seem to fit with the relation the two have had with testing and changeling each other.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My vote goes to Griffith. Sounds strange at first, but I see the dream sequence in vol. 17 as prophetic. Zodd has been called "Immortal" by humans and "Undead" by Skull Knight. My belief is that Griffith is the only one who can end his life, which is why Zodd searched for the Ultimate Strong One for 300 years.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I voted for other because I could really see either Skullknight or Guts killing him off. I could also see it as sort of a team effort where both Skullknight and Guts have to work together to defeat him.  But mainly I'm indecisive  :-\

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I'd say other, to me Zodd has so many options ahead of him, the it could still be Guts, Skullknight, Griffith, or even possibly Ganishka. Out of the four though, I suppose I would lean more towards Griffith.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I voted for Guts, mainly because I've got a strange feeling (just a hunch really) that ol' Skully won't be around at the end when all the shit goes down. I'm not saying he won't be part of the conclusion, I just think in the end it'll be Guts on his own. Therefore, I think Guts will have to dispose of Skull Knight's old rival. I kinda hope that I'm wrong and Skull Knight makes it, though. ;D

Vote for Guts as well... IMO i can see that Guts will challenge Zodd apostle form with his beast form near the end of the manga...

It will be a spectacular fight in any way 8)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
~300. There's no evidence Zodd is any older.

~1000. There's no evidence Zodd isn't that old.

skullychamp.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Zodd spouts out "for 300 years..." numerous times. The only time he's ever referenced "1000 years" is regarding Skull Knight's opposition to the God Hand / Apostles, not their own rivalry.

I'll admit it's murky territory, but Miura does give us cues.

Griffith

You: "all you have to do is bring up Zodd's knowledge of Berserk's armor and Skully's "path to hell" and my case is ruined"

;D

Speaking of which all the other known apostles seem to be relatively newer than Zodd.
Zodd their leader could very well be the oldest-300 years making sense -not excluding the 1000 year old theory
Anyway, what's interesting here IMO is that all these apostles seem to be "born" after the last Godhand was made, before Griffith that is.

Griffith

xechnao said:
Speaking of which all the other known apostles seem to be relatively newer than Zodd.
Zodd their leader could very well be the oldest-300 years making sense -not excluding the 1000 year old theory
Anyway, what's interesting here IMO is that all these apostles seem to be "born" after the last Godhand was made, before Griffith that is.

Seemingly, but maybe it's just because the two major Apostle-hunting arcs dealt with reasonably young Apostles (both of which found some measure of redemtion BTW). But it seems that Griffith's powerful lieutenants, save Zodd, we're all humans recently as well, since they're famous among Midlanders like Mule and he didn't question the possibility they could be in Griffith's army at first (before he found out they're monsters, anyway).

I guess we'll have to wait for Skully's big campfire yarn to find out about Zodd, and Ganishka is another interesting Apostle question mark. Ancient evil, or powerful young upstart?

But it seems that Griffith's powerful lieutenants, save Zodd, we're all humans recently as well, since they're famous among Midlanders like Mule and he didn't question the possibility they could be in Griffith's army at first (before he found out they're monsters, anyway).

But people knew the tales of Zodd without knowing what he really is. They just didn't "know" he was an apostle.  It could very well be the same for the others.

Griffith

Dwarf Kicker said:
But people knew the tales of Zodd without knowing what he really is. They just didn't "know" he was an apostle.  It could very well be the same for the others.

Not exactly, Zodd's reputation was that of a monster already;Nosferatu Zodd. ;)

And although they could be old Apostles that only recently got famous, it doesn't seem as likely. We saw little representations of them when Mule related their exploits, and they looked much more ordinary; I took this to be them before. Like when Grunbeld supposedly "died," maybe it's the same as with Zodd, but he wasn't famous for coming back like Zodd, just for being defeated and supposedly dead; I always thought that was a reference to when he probably used his Beherit.

It's certainly possible, but to me Mule seemed to be talking about legendary, but mortal, heroes; they were a part of society. Not like Zodd, legendary, but infamous.

I think Guts is going to kill him. (with the berserk armor of course) and if its not Guts ??? its a hard toss up between Skull Knight or Griffith. but if Guts doesn't kill Zodd i hope its Skull Knight.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Personally, I hope Zodd just dies from age. But considering he is Immortal and all... thats gonna be a long time.

I also think Guts will kill Zodd because it has been his ambition ever since he first faced him. He really wants to kill him. And if Skull Knight tries to fight Zodd, Guts will probably want to take his place and be the one who finallly kills Zodd.

But maybe, Guts could just defeat Zodd, and Zodd could declare HIM "the ultimate strong one" and join his side. You just never know

Void Swordsman said:
But maybe, Guts could just defeat Zodd, and Zodd could declare HIM "the ultimate strong one" and join his side. You just never know

I guess he will kill himself if that happen... Zodd is not going to get defeated by Guts in any way, if Zodd really lose to Guts, he will just fight till he drop dead...

Given the berserk characteristic of the beast, I doubt he will even let Zodd having a chance to speak at all...

Top Bottom