Who will be the one to bring down Zodd?

• Guts

Votes: 58 56.9%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters
Looks like a lot of people think Guts is going to be the one to bring Zodd down.

Next question. How do you think "______" will bring down Zodd?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Cut his head off. I can see it now. Zodd's last moments in berserk as a talking head, fortelling of the end of Griffith.

I was gonna go with the head thing too...u beat me to it Damien!!! Zodd can re-attach certain body parts but i don't think if his head was cut off he could simply reach down and SSSSSssssss it's like brand new.....but if he could that would be sumthin... :p
When I think about it tho what has Zodd really done to anyone to really deserve the wrath of Gutts...I mean compared to Griffith, Zodd is likeable.... Even when Zodd and Skully duke it out...Skully doesnt seem out for blood....they are just rivals...they fight on opposing sides but have a strange admiration for each other's strength....hell Zodd warned Gutts about Griffith in the beginning...and Zodd threw Gutts his sword (some say he did that so certain events could take place)...hmmm Zodd doesnt seem hateable as some other characters do...i for one think hes one of the coolest characters in the series....and i for one hopes in the end he sides with no one (maybe witnessing Griffith bein slain by Guts or suttin) and says "Ah fuck it" and goes and does his own thing........so yea GO ZODD!

Beneath

The wind whispered.. and the world began to change
I really wouldnt be suprised if Zodd never was killed.  After all, he is Zodd the Immortal. Im not saying he "cant" be killed, im just saying its possible that he may outlive Griffith AND Guts, if guts ends up dying. Although Zodd isnt "good", I woulodnt label him as being an "evil" character. Im not sure exactly what part he'll play in the end. Obviously at least at this point hes on Griffiths side, but I wouldnt be suprised if that changed before the end. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Kagami

Goo!
I pretty sure Zodd can take what anyone can dish out, I mean he was hacked apart by Skully at the eclipse, and Griffith split him in half, he just formed back together and woke up. I'm pretty sure no matter how badly diced he gets he would just flow back together SORTA (and I just mean sorta) like T-1000 styles.

2 months too old? No way ;D

Z

ZeroGraveVII

if that last post was true; AWESOME!
Is there anyway possible that locus can kill Zodd?

I doubt I will forsee that happening

If Griffith can cut his head into half and yet he is still alive and kicking, it does show how difficult he can be killed...

It also boost a point about how good is his regeneration power are

You may not be able to kill him, but I think Guts would have fun trying :)

All kidding aside, all the Apostles seem to have problems if you take their head off. The Count in the early issues for example. He lost his head but didn't die right away. If Zodd's head was cut off that might be enough to get him sent back to hell at least.

Kagami

Goo!
Hippie said:
You may not be able to kill him, but I think Guts would have fun trying :)

All kidding aside, all the Apostles seem to have problems if you take their head off.  The Count in the early issues for example.  He lost his head but didn't die right away.  If Zodd's head was cut off that might be enough to get him sent back to hell at least.

I'm pretty sure that is just for the count. The Troll Apostle was cut in half and died, Roshinu got a hole blown in her (and many cuts) and died... that Apostle that ate Corcus got a hole blown in her head and died, and Wyald was ripped up by Zodd and died. So I don't think the head-cutting thing goes for EVERY Apostle.

Kagami

Goo!
They guy with "too many damn teeth"

he looks like a troll, drinks from puddles...

first guy to get diced by the Dragon Slayer.

I'm doubtful Zodd is ever gonna kick the bucket during the Berserk storyline. At least not by Guts or SK; if SK wanted to do it he probably already would have, seeing as how they've fought many times and Skully definitely has gained the upper hand before (as at the Eclipse). As for Guts, the only reasons Guts would fight Zodd are if Guts were protecting his companions or Zodd was protecting Griffith. In the first case the goal would most likely be disable Zodd and run away, as they did at the treehouse. In the second case Guts would probably, as Skull Knight did at the Eclipse, hack up Zodd but not bother to finish him, then go on to the true goal.

Also as several people pointed out, the guy's got a reputation to uphold with a surname like 'The Immortal.' ;)

Beneath said:
Although Zodd isnt "good", I woulodnt label him as being an "evil" character.

While Zodd isn't quite as vile as The Count or some other demons/apostles/mean people, I'm pretty sure that sacrificing loved ones for power falls to the dark side of the scale.

Ya, I dont think Zodd will be defeated, I guess he is just more of an "annoyance" than anything else, and if it is true he is looking to die by an "Ultimate Strong One" or whatever than that would just be giving him what he wants, so im thinking SkullKnight proabably keeps him alive for a reason, or is just not able to kill him.

do you guys remember that 1 scene in the anime where one of the hawks were talking about how zodd comes back from battle after reportedly being killed in a previous battle..

i wonder who killed him in those battles, a human perhaps?
if it wasnt skullknight, who did the deed, that is a very interesting twist i think, i mean who else can put up a good fight with zodd "kill" him right?

( i just finished watching the berserk DVD's in 2 days )

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
Griffith split him in half, he just formed back together and woke up.
Smith said:
If Griffith can cut his head into half and yet he is still alive and kicking, it does show how difficult he can be killed...

Don't forget this was a dream guys, even though his horn did get cut. I wouldn't bet on his survival if Zodd really had Guts splitting his head in half with the Dragon Slayer.

Hippie said:
The Count in the early issues for example.  He lost his head but didn't die right away.

Kagami's right, the Snail Count's regenerative powers were extraordinary, most apostles die under such conditions.

Kagami said:
first guy to get diced by the Dragon Slayer.

You mean the "Pig Apostle". 8)

gh-zodd said:
i wonder who killed him in those battles, a human perhaps?
if it wasnt skullknight, who did the deed, that is a very interesting twist i think, i mean who else can put up a good fight with zodd "kill" him right?

Well, given what Zodd tells Guts when they first meet, I think it's safe to assume that these rumors of him being dead had no basis whatsoever. You can't blame mercenaries for expecting a guy to die if he showed up in battle for more than a hundred years.

Yeah... nobody can kill him.. Not even Skullknight as far as story is concerned...

Of course that doesnt mean Skullknight is incapable of killing him... Perhap time isnt ripe yet or he didnt even intent to kill him...

I didn't vote for anyone. Zodd's immortal and will stay that way. I think if Gutts prepares to fight Griffith Skull Knight will keep Zodd busy during that time. With Griffith defeated Zodd will just go off like he always does, fighting in various battles and trying to find those strong enough to give him trouble.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Yeah... nobody can kill him.. Not even Skullknight as far as story is concerned...

Of course that doesnt mean Skullknight is incapable of killing him... Perhap time isnt ripe yet or he didnt even intent to kill him...

Then what you mean is that nobody killed him yet, it's really quite different from what you state in your first sentence...

Artemis28 said:
Zodd's immortal and will stay that way.

Care to develop? Zodd's been serving Griffith for a while now, he's not seeking the Ultimate Strong One anymore... Why would he go back to fighting in random battles if Griffith went to die? What would be the reason? And you're saying that SK, who saved Guts countless times, would be nothing more than a mere decoy for Zodd while Guts kills Griffith? What about the fact that Griffith defeated Zodd and is a fundamentally superior being anyway?

Doesn't make a lot of sense from a scenaristic point of view to me.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Personally I don't see a reason to assume why Zodd is really immortal.

He hasn't healed from wounds greater than those inflicted on other apostles, the Nosferatu legend is more connected to the fact that Zodd is much more in the open than other apostles, being on the search.

Thanks to his swordsmanship, there just hasn't been anyone to fatally wound him, in the sense that another apostle would die as well.

Also, Zodd has a strong sense of morale. Much more than any other apostle, and he lives by honor.
I see him serve Griffith till the latter falls, and after that and the conclusion of Berserk and Gatts' and Caska's happy end, overviewing the battle field, and making some legendary comment on the things that have passed in all that time.

Kagami

Goo!
dwarfkicker said:
In a strange twist I could see Guts accomplishing his goal only to face Zodd as his final opponent.

That is very true. But, do you think it will be the fight that kills Guts?

If Guts has to die then yes. If not I can see it as the fight that kills Zodd. I have a feeling Skull Knight will die, either by Griffith or Zodd. He'll probably accomplish killing Void but that's why I don't see him as the one who will bring Zodd down.

Here's a thought: Zodd bites Guts in half, and as Guts travels down his gullet, he spots something like a heart - a heart with very human features like eyes and a mouth. Guts draws his knife and stabs the thing, causing Zodd to throw up Guts (heh, that writes itself) and he implodes. Just a second before he finally dies, Guts sees Zodd's true persona; a young man not unlike himself. Guts contemplates what led this youth down the path he chose, what kind of life he led before he became such a horrible monster... And how alike the two of them are...

Cue the Zodd Gaiden. :zodd:

Top Bottom