Votes: 58 56.9%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
None at all. Skully and Guts already had their chances...and they blew it twice at least . And Zodd , we saw, regenerate fast. He is able to heal a totally severed arm simply by connecting it to the stump. How do you kill someone like that ? The only one that could do it,Griffith, has no reason to kill his lieutenant. Also it is absurd to think that everyone will die and Zodd is a very probable survivor when all will end.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
roberto999 said:
And Zodd , we saw, regenerate fast. He is able to heal a totally severed arm simply by connecting it to the stump. How do you kill someone like that ?

ReattachingLimbs01.jpg
ReattachingLimbs02.jpg

I think that's how. :guts:

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
I think that's how. :guts:

Do you really think cutting off his head will do it for Zodd? He seems to be a lot more durable than other Apostles.

The (sorta) dream thing Zodd had (he was still injured), seemed to show that his body puts it self back together. If he wants
to speed it up, he can just connect the stumps I guess. Same thing when he was putting himself back together at the
Eclipse. It looks like His right arm was recently put back on (from all the Smokey stuff comming up from what looks like a large cut), and he is using his right arm to put on the left. Whats your thoughts on these things?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Kagami said:
Do you really think cutting off his head will do it for Zodd? He seems to be a lot more durable than other Apostles.

The (sorta) dream thing Zodd had (he was still injured), seemed to show that his body puts it self back together. If he wants
to speed it up, he can just connect the stumps I guess. Same thing when he was putting himself back together at the
Eclipse. It looks like His right arm was recently put back on (from all the Smokey stuff comming up from what looks like a large cut), and he is using his right arm to put on the left. Whats your thoughts on these things?

If by dream you mean the dream where the hawk of light cut off his horn, that injury still remains, as he no longer has 2 horns.
But other than that, yes, his method of regeneration involves putting the cut off limbs back on. This could imply that it isn't a total regeneration, but rather a regeneration of connective tissue. However, this has yet to be tested.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:

Yeah, I think so. As far as regenerative powers, the Snail Count is unmatched, and he still died eventually, even if Guts had to stab him in the face after having cut his head off. Zodd's real strength is in his fighting skill, that's why he's so hard to kill.

Kagami said:
The (sorta) dream thing Zodd had (he was still injured), seemed to show that his body puts it self back together.

That was still a dream, even if it had some impact in the real world. Zodd lost his horn, but you have one panel showing him literally cut in half, and next thing you see, he wakes up and is whole again, except for the horn. That doesn't convince me that his body can sentiently put itself together instantly or anything like that, I think it would be grotesque.

Kagami said:
If Same thing when he was putting himself back together at the
Eclipse. It looks like His right arm was recently put back on (from all the Smokey stuff comming up from what looks like a large cut)

Look again, he has been cut all over, and the 2 cuts on his right arm are partial, they don't take the whole arm. He also has one cut on a horn, which should make people wonder why he didn't reattach the one the Hawk of Light cut in the dream. :zodd:

roberto999

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I think so. As far as regenerative powers, the Snail Count is unmatched, and he still died eventually, even if Guts had to stab him in the face after having cut his head off.
It was not Guts that killed him. In fact there was enough life in him to summon the five of the God Hand and if he had enough common sense to let them put a little mark on Theresia... we now would be reading "The Adventures of the Snail Count" :p :p :p :p

roberto999

Aazealh said:
Well he was dying anyway, that's why they were summoned...
No even if he was cut in little pieces he could not die. Guts himself admitted it and he had much fun continuing to stab someone that could not die and could so endure anything that he would do to him
Walter said:
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
It depends on who bleeds more :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
roberto999 said:
No even if he was cut in little pieces he could not die. Guts himself admitted it and he had much fun continuing to stab someone that could not die and could so endure

No, that's not what Guts said. He did say that the Count wouldn't die (he was comparing him to humans) while stabbing him, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't eventually succumb to his wounds, or that he'd live even if "cut in little pieces". It's just an emphasized comment on the superiority of apostles compared to humans, how endurant and durable they are, it's not meant to be taken literally. You'd expect him to reform like the T-1000 or something? The Count himself cries that he doesn't want to die, and that's why the God Hand was called.

You can easily relate that scene to Guts shooting arrows into the Snake Baron's face, it's the same thing basically.

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
Look again, he has been cut all over, and the 2 cuts on his right arm are partial, they don't take the whole arm. He also has one cut on a horn, which should make people wonder why he didn't reattach the one the Hawk of Light cut in the dream. :zodd:

I thought the cuts on his right arm were partial because they had already had time to heal. Wouldn't the most likely way to deal with a guy that won't die be to cut him apart? This gave skully enough time to make his grand entrance and exit. Well, that is what I speculate to be the case. But I guess we will never know for sure until we see Zodd get more of his ass handed to him... or something.

Aazealh said:
That doesn't convince me that his body can sentiently put itself together instantly or anything like that, I think it would be grotesque.

Since a guy who fights naked with corpses of his enemies impaled on his sword, can pop detatched limbs back on, and turns into a giant hairy demon thing isn't grotesque :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
I thought the cuts on his right arm were partial because they had already had time to heal.

Well, why wouldn't Miura show it to us? I mean, we've seen him getting his arm cut several times, and it was never showed that it could attach itself back on its own free will... I can't believe I'm arguing about this actually. :schierke: Anyway, I'm personally not going to give this any credit as long as nothing will hint at it in the manga... Even thinking about the horn that the Falcon of Light cut off in the dream, why didn't it attached itself back automatically?

Kagami said:
Wouldn't the most likely way to deal with a guy that won't die be to cut him apart? This gave skully enough time to make his grand entrance and exit.

Zodd got cut a lot already, it was enough for SK to get past him, and he voluntarily didn't follow him inside from what we can see, instead waiting for him to get out. As I said already, Zodd's strength resides in his fighting skill, not anywhere else... If SK managed to cut him apart like any other lowly apostle, why couldn't he do it again at Flora's mansion, for example? That doesn't really do him justice to think that he gets cut in pieces that easily and just survives because of his incredible regenerative power.

Kagami said:
But I guess we will never know for sure until we see Zodd get more of his ass handed to him... or something.

Yeah, but I have a feeling that we won't be seeing him get cut in pieces anytime soon, and for a good reason: he's too strong to be dealt with that easily, and if that happened I don't think he'd reconstitute himself.

DefaultJ!! said:
Since a guy who fights naked with corpses of his enemies impaled on his sword, can pop detatched limbs back on, and turns into a giant hairy demon thing isn't grotesque :zodd:

Well, that's not the same level of grotesque, really. Can you imagine his body parts liquefying themselves to reform his body? :schierke:

I think Zodd can be destroyed, should be hard but I dont doubt it can be done ( thinks nasty explosives/ hacking Zodds limbs and taking them away from him/some good restaining plan). Anyhow maybe it would be cool to leave Zodd as one of the few remaining witnesses to what happened at the end of the Griffith vs Guts conflict.

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
Well, why wouldn't Miura show it to us? I mean, we've seen him getting his arm cut several times, and it was never showed that it could attach itself back on its own free will... I can't believe I'm arguing about this actually. :schierke: Anyway, I'm personally not going to give this any credit as long as nothing will hint at it in the manga... Even thinking about the horn that the Falcon of Light cut off in the dream, why didn't it attached itself back automatically?

Yeah, I should have said more like Gemma in Ninja Scroll. That is just how I always saw Zodd cause of the "immortal" nick name. I hope we get to see how Zodd deals with heavy damage soon. But I retract my T-1000 comment.

R

-rob-

The Hawk Of Light must of been strong to get that horn off so easily... Because Guts gave it a good whack the first time he battled Zodd and it didn't even phase it.

Personally, I hope Zodd just dies from age. But considering he is Immortal and all... thats gonna be a long time.

yeah, miura will make 75 volumes of berserk, and the last 10 volumes will all be about Zodd's daily routines & chores, reading the newspaper and vaccuming etc 8)

I wonder if where gonna see a Griffith regeneration scene later in the manga, if Guts ever does fight him. :griff:- "ahh my ear"

..I cant picture him attaching his own leg back on. or his head. ( not sure if Godhand regenerate the same way as apostles)

Top Bottom