Guts vs Griffith

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I've been thinking and a thought occur to me.  Griffith and Guts are completed oposite of each other physicaly and characterisly. There is a strong contrast between the two character.

Gatts is muscler than Griffith but he lacks self control like Griffith.  I never seen Griffith ever get mad but Guts would go completly nuts if he gets pissed off.  Guts look like a punk and griffith looks like a gentleman.  Yet, it seems Guts is the more caring and sensitive than Grith since Grith have no remorse for his action.  A sign of a pyscho.  Also, Griffith uses witt rather than strength to succeed.

In a way, Griffith is more creepy than Guts because he have this freaky eyes when he look at people.

puella

Berserk forever
I've been thinking and a thought occur to me.  Griffith and Guts are completed oposite of each other physicaly and characterisly.

Gatts is muscler than Griffith but he lacks self control like Griffith.  I never seen Griffith ever get mad but Guts would go completly nuts if he gets pissed off.  Guts look like a punk and griffith looks like a gentleman.  Yet, it seems Guts is the more caring and sensitive than Grith since Grith have no remorse for his action.  A sign of a pyscho.  Also, Griffith uses witt rather than strength to succeed.
Good thought!!
their hair style can be added to your post,I think.
long silver hair vs. dark short hair
these two are also seen in many other art works, especially for girls. Blonde is for good girl and dark is for femme fatal or wicked girl.
but in this case, Griffith's hair represnets his concealed dark secret desire while Guts' does endless tension or obsessed mind.
In addition, Griffith's hair style plays an important part to make him look more beautiful, needless to say.
In a way, Griffith is more creepy than Guts because he have this freaky eyes when he look at people.
Well, good point also.
but I think Guts is as creepy as Griffith when he looks at people. because Guts has one eye and it sometimes even bleeds!! ;D

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I've been thinking and a thought occur to me.  Griffith and Guts are completed oposite of each other physicaly and characterisly.

Griffith is somewhat hard to read because his eyes look at you as if he knows something and you don't. :eek: While Guts offers us no hidden suprises. What you see is what you get with Guts.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I'm not sure about that  Can u be more specific?

griffith sacrifices guts and taka no dan in exchange to make his dream come true.

he rapes caska in front of guts eyes.

... that's what i call "getting mad".

Kenoh-Sama

I'm not sure about that  Can u be more specific?

I can't honestly say I recall seeing him explode in anger ouwardly or anything. Episode 25 seems to have more malice in his actions than anything else. I guess anger is there but not enough for me to say he's exhibited anything kind of rage.

Chinmi

We don't know that was out of anger but u could be right.  Everytime I watch that particular epsode, I not sure what his mental state is.  Does he hate Guts because he left him?  Why did he let him live?  Griffith is a complex character.

Perhaps the purpose of that rape is to be resurected in the world of the flesh and not a emotional thing. Shit, did u see that look on his face? Very scary!!!! 

The thing I find really strange with Griffith is when Griffith was a ho for that old guy and then when Griffith met that same old guy after the battle, the old guy thought Griffith was really piss off on him.  However, Griffith just shook it off like it was nothing.  That is adnormal behaviour.  

I would expect him to torture this sick bastard out rage but he killed him simply because he was in his way.

puella

Berserk forever
The thing I find really strange with Griffith is when Griffith was a ho for that old guy and then when Griffith met that same old guy after the battle, the old guy thought Griffith was really piss off on him.  However, Griffith just shook it off like it was nothing.  That is adnormal behaviour. ?
I would expect him to torture this sick bastard out rage but he killed him simply because he was in his way.
Yeah, I think that scene describes best who Griffith is.
so scary scene to me more than any other one in berserk.
but we all know Griffith also is a human being who has weak point. He just tries to conceal it everytime as Caska said to Guts but can't only in front of Guts. I assume Griffith should so hates that.
So I guess Griffith would try to kill Guts as well to get rid of revealing his weakpoint like that if it had not been for the eclipse.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Why did he let him live?
i assum he didn't kill him, because he respects that guts chose another way, he respects that guts chose not to support griff's dream, although he didn't reckon.
this goes along with what guts said to charlotte at the fountain.

"a friend would never support my dream, a friend would do everything for his own dream, even if that means destroying my dream. a friend is someone who is on my level", implicating he considers guts as a friend.

griffith still has some feelings towards guts, this is why he lets him live.

another theory would be that griffith wants guts to suffer even more. but i'd go with the above theory, it's what i think.
Griffith is a complex character.
yep
Perhaps the purpose of that rape is to be resurected in the world of the flesh and not a emotional thing.
i don't think so. he just wanted to fuck with guts, that's all. he wanted to display his power, and show guts his very weakness. i think it was an act of revenge.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith never displays pure, uninhibited rage like Gattsu.  Griffith is more calculative than that... which is why they made such a good team.  Griffith would point his "rage machine" in the right direction and Gattsu would do the rest.

Kenoh-Sama

We don't know that was out of anger but u could be right.  Everytime I watch that particular epsode, I not sure what his mental state is.  Does he hate Guts because he left him?  Why did he let him live?  Griffith is a complex character.

Perhaps the purpose of that rape is to be resurected in the world of the flesh and not a emotional thing.  Shit, did u see that look on his face?  Very scary!!!! 

The thing I find really strange with Griffith is when Griffith was a ho for that old guy and then when Griffith met that same old guy after the battle, the old guy thought Griffith was really piss off on him.  However, Griffith just shook it off like it was nothing.  That is adnormal behaviour.  

Quite honestly I think he blames Guts for what happened to him. Blames him for being imprisoned. Blames him for being tortured. Blames him for taking Casca's love & devotion away from him. Not that he loved Casca or anything but he loved being the center of Casca's world. Gut's took that away from him. Although Griffith sloppiness is what got him arrested and imprisoned, he feels the genesis of his down fall was Gut's departure. That and the fact that Gut's beat him. Easily. Griffith was in total shock when he lost. He never recovered. I think he was going to kill Guts because his eyes looked very intense as Skull Knight took Guts and Casca away (the close up of Femto's eyes looking at Guts' limp body over SK horse was very wide eyed and intense). I don't think he was done with Guts on that day. I mean Guts was branded meaning that he was supposed to die anyway. Besides The rule of thumb is if your branded you die right? :)

Chinmi

Griffith's idea of friendship is stupid.  I hate this guy so much because he so stuborn.  He lacks compassion.  It was his OWN fault that he got arrested.  I'm glad Guts beat him in a duel and left his sorry ass.  Is too bad that the rest of the hawks have to suffer for him.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
What are you guys talkin' about? ???
The relationship between Gatsu and Griffith is complex
Griff ( Femto'd be more appropriated ) didn't kill Guts coz he didn't want him to die, fate has made Guts escape thanx to Skully : Femto ( and others God Hands ) has been interested by this event
Femto 's raping Caska ( not Griffith ) while no anger pass thru him, nor other feeling also. He controls fate, that is all.
About your rage for taka no dan's death, chinmi, Griff see the problem differenty, I think : for his dream, they've always served him, they've fought for him, they've saved him from the Tower. In order to accomplish his dream, Griff had to regain flesh and power, thru his beherit. It is normal for him they die in the eclipse ( still for his dream ) and some say too that he raped Caska as to reborn later in Caska/Guts's child ( though, I dont know coz at this very time there's a Femto acting and not a Griff )

Well.... :p

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
gatz v.s. Griffith (on his human form).... Thats something that we all know who's going to win....Gatz v.s. Femto?..... hmmmmm? let me think if Gatz actually takes a seroius amount of steroids, power bars and crack I think he might have a better chance. Seriously I think Femto is to strong for him, and I am not very well familliar with the manga BUT i will say that Gatz will need to have a makeover ......"I smell a transformation in him" at least to become more powerfull. correct me if I am wrong....I love this entire drama.

W

waqas786uk

Does anyone here believe that guts and griffith will ever have homosexual sex?

thanks
waqas

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Does anyone here believe that guts and griffith will ever have homosexual sex?

I don't think so. It's just in your dreams, just in your dreams... Griffith had sex with that gannon just to gather money, he's not pretty gay boy, in my humble opinion ; and do you see guts in that situation, it's nonsense !

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Symbolicaly a sword fight is a substitute for an act of love. We have many examples of that in various media. And in that way we could read the two fights that Guts and Griffith already had. Interestingly enough the third fight didn't happen because of Zod interference and that just when Griffith was testing is lack of feelings. But that heart that hastened its beats...mmm ...

W

waqas786uk

I don't think so. It's just in your dreams, just in your dreams... Griffith had sex with that gannon just to gather money, he's not pretty gay boy, in my humble opinion ; and do you see guts in that situation, it's nonsense !

Hmm, interesting assertion, suggesting the posibility of Guts and griffith becomimg romantically involved automatically make me gay? Well I don't need to explain my sexuality to you but I will explain why I put the notion of homosexuality out there in the first place.

Everyone knows that guts and griffith have a "special" bond, the problem is, no one is sure what kind of bond it is, not even the two individuals at the centre of it. Is it mutual respect? close friendship? merely a leader/follower relationship? or something deeper? Thats the question I wanted people to ask themselves (it's been puzzling me for ages).

As I mentioned before Guts and griffith are both unsure about their feelings for each other. Guts keeps telling himself he hates griffith but we all know there is a fine line between love and hate and guts has always foun it difficult to tell people how he feels (that is, when he doesn't have a sword in his hands ;)).

While griffith is still trying to figure out what he feels about anything and so you have to wonder what they would do once they have a meeting without the option of just fighting each other. What would they talk about? Would either be brave enough to tell the other how he really feels and how would each react to the others true feelings? And because of that they may decide to explore their relationship in different (you know what I mean) ways.

I admit that perhaps I should have been a little more tactful in my orginal post but I wanted to get right to the point to get people thinking and also I wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get out of people. ;D

thanks
waqas

PS. Why is it so hard to to believe that guts could be gay, can't gay men be masculine too?

Top Bottom