Top anime

Gungrave 9/10

This is probally the best anime out there. The charaters really get you into the seris also it becomes very addictive.Great work by the maker of trigun.

Samuria Champloo 8/10

A top anime that has a very interesting cast but without the comic relief it probally would get boring. Arent enough fight scenes also it doesnt tell much back story of all the characters. All and all it still is a great watch

Berserk 9/10

dont have to explain my self on this is.

Cowboy bebop 8/10

this was the seris that really got me into jap culture its a great for a introduction into anime/manga

Well seeing the thread exists I would like to hear about any new Anime and Manga thats enjoyable or has potential if anyone knows of any particular titles. I've come to believe a titles reputation can be the best advertisement....

Speaking of new titles, for fans of Full metal panic and Fumoffu there is going to be a third series coming out in the not too distant future, I personally will be anticipating that.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Sparnage said:
Well seeing the thread exists I would like to hear about any new Anime and Manga thats enjoyable or has potential if anyone knows of any particular titles. I've come to believe a titles reputation can be the best advertisement....

Speaking of new titles, for fans of Full metal panic and Fumoffu there is going to be a third series coming out in the not too distant future, I personally will be anticipating that.
YAY! :D

Sparnage said:
Well not new but i could tell you some of the titles that I'm reading at the moment beside Berserk.

1.Rurouni Kenshin
2.Priest
3.Battle Royale

*EDIT*

I forgot to add 2 great classic anime's

1.Akira (darkhorse has also released the mangas in the form of 6 large books)
2.Fist of the north star

check out Gantz

its cool, gory, and titties!!

the animated series ends on episode 26, but the manga is still going (ch 195)

Sparnage said:

A THIRD SERIES??!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New anime, eh?

Well, my favorite new anime and one of my all-time favorites is Yakitate!! Japan. And you know what it's about? Baking bread. But it's friggin awesome.

The other new anime I like is:

Bleach
School Rumble
Beck

Ok,question-- Can you give some sort of lead-in to/more detailed opinon on Bleach that explains why you like it? I keep on hearing people like it, but I want to hear more.

Second--
I tried to watch Gungrave, but i thought the first disc was very slow, and the main guy never talked. This got old for me. Guts is the quiet type too, but he interacts more. I dunno. it just didn't seem to grab me during those first 4 eps. I've heard lots of people say they liked it alot. Does it get better?

Sorry, that's not helpful. I'm looking for a response with a bit more meat to it. Why does it get better? What about it gets better? How does it get better? God, I feel like a highschool journalism teacher. ;)

i read that one of the best manga/anime of all time is called "Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind"
i have never read the manga or have ever seen the anime. so i was wondering if any of you guys have? and i was wondering if it really is that good? the list was in an old Wizard magazine issue in June of 2003. i don't agree with it totally because Berserk is not in there ::). and a few other reasons.

DarthVenom said:
i read that one of the best manga/anime of all time is called "Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind"
i have never read the manga or have ever seen the anime. so i was wondering if any of you guys have? and i was wondering if it really is that good?
I`ve read the manga, and it`s fantastic.

Yes, Nausicaa is definitely one of the all time best IMO- detailed art, good cinematic sense of how to make a panel, realistic characters that change and grow, good fights, an amazingly real fantasy world, and a deep philosophical perspective on big issues. Great read.

QuestionMark said:
Yes, Nausicaa is definitely one of the all time best IMO- detailed art, good cinematic sense of how to make a panel, realistic characters that change and grow, good fights, an amazingly real fantasy world, and a deep philosophical perspective on big issues.  Great read.
thanks for the info.
Berzerker_Reola908 said:
Samurai Champloo is pretty good.So is Naruto
i have never heard of Naruto, what is it about?
Berzerker_Reola908 said:
and Berserk.
with out a doubt. now i can say this about Berserk. i have read a lot of diffrent manga and have just read a lot of books. Fiction, Non-Fiction, i really have to say that Berserk is probably one of the best, well thought out absolutely amazing stories i have ever read. i mean when ever i get a new issue of Berserk. i put what ever i am reading aside until I'm finished with Berserk.

DarthVenom said:
i have never heard of Naruto, what is it about?
When Naruto was newly born the spirit of a nine-tailed fox was imprisoned within him, rendering him the hate of the villagers from the ninja village of the Leaf who feared the demon within him. In defense against this hate he grew into the role of the clown, trying to attract attention by making a fool out of himself and his teachers. But within him dwells the dream of becoming Hokage, the strongest warrior of the village. When he graduates from the academy he’s placed in the same group as Sakura, the technician and the girl he loves and Sasuke, the strong, quiet guy and his rival for Sakura. Leader and teacher of the group are Kakashi, the strange and always late, though powerful ninja.

Its up to volume 25 in japan

kid_berserk said:
When Naruto was newly born the spirit of a nine-tailed fox was imprisoned within him, rendering him the hate of the villagers from the ninja village of the Leaf who feared the demon within him. In defense against this hate he grew into the role of the clown, trying to attract attention by making a fool out of himself and his teachers. But within him dwells the dream of becoming Hokage, the strongest warrior of the village. When he graduates from the academy he’s placed in the same group as Sakura, the technician and the girl he loves and Sasuke, the strong, quiet guy and his rival for Sakura. Leader and teacher of the group are Kakashi, the strange and always late, though powerful ninja.

Its up to volume 25 in japan
sounds cool.

have any of you guys ever read Priest or Battle Royale?

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
Has anyone seen The Twelve Kingdoms yet? i realy enjoy it i got the same feeling from watching it that i got from Naruto and Berserk for the frist time.

GreatDoobieMan said:
Has anyone seen The Twelve Kingdoms yet? i realy enjoy it i got the same feeling from watching it that i got from Naruto and Berserk for the frist time.

yea ive watched most of 12 kindgoms. pretty detailed story.

the naruto manga is damned good too.

bleach is cool.

samurai champloo is just wtf cool.

gantz is weird cool.

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
-Berserk (Always and forever)
-Naruto
-Gungrave (I've only seen three of the dvds though)

I don't think I've seen too many new things or checked up on anything else in a awhile..

What's bleach? ???

QuestionMark said:
Ok,question--  Can you give some sort of lead-in to/more detailed opinon on Bleach that explains why you like it?  I keep on hearing people like it, but I want to hear more.

I'll give you a rundown of the first episode seeing as I don't want to spoil too much.

There's a 15 year old boy named Kurosaki Ichigo who can see ghosts (not much people can). He gets used to seeing ghosts and helps them when they are in need. One day though, Ichigo sees a huge monster causing havok (again, no one else can see it) and he tries to protect a ghost running away from it. Then he sees what looks like a young woman killing that monster. That night, Ichigo is in his room and he sees the same young woman entering through the wall. He notices her and she is surprised that he does. Then, she binds him and explains what's going on. Those monsters he saw are actually evil spirits called hollows and she is Kuchiki Rukia, a Death God. She is the one hunts them down. Later on she finds out that the hollows were after Ichigo, seeing as he has so much spiritual power. But when that hollow attacks Ichigo's family, he gets mad and tries to kill it. He fails and it ends up hurting Rukia. Too weak to kill the thing, she gives Ichigo all of her Death God powers and he becomes a Death God.

Heh, sorry for the long summary.

I like this show because of the great pacing, the do their best to explain everything and they do it at a great pace. Also, the storyline is surprisingly good for a shounen title, its not something like "oh! i wanna be the strongest of all time!!" *cough* Naruto *cough* and the story line gets REALLY good at certain points.

Top Bottom