your first impressions with each character

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
No, No, from volume 12, that’s where you can really see the difference!  I can’t compare anymore cause those particular pages in my volume 12 got stuck together somehow? :-/

I think I’ve said too much… ;D

-Griffith

Griffith

:-/ What’s so graphic? I accidentally ripped the page and when I tried to glue it back together it got stuck to the adjoining page.  Pissed me off. >:(

-Griffith

P.S. By the way, I ripped the page while masturbating to Slan in case you were wondering. ;D

Merichan

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
This is actually an intresting question 'cause, my impresion of Gatts (manga) is probably what along of people thought. "What an asshole". (but I liked him anyway)
But then I started to wonder "Well.. what makes him an asshole?". So of course I learned why happend, and I was like "ooohhh..." and I liked him even more.

the end.
Oh, and I liked Puck immediatly. I just couldn't tell what gender he was. ^^;

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
yeah, Gatts was meant to sound like an asshole at first, I believe. However, I don't know if Puck IS suppose to have a Gender....no offense, but if 'he' did, there would be all sorts of different things happening whenever those female characters sees him...like trying to make tiny little trousers and forcing 'him' to wear them, or slap him around for indecency in public or something. ;D

(I havn't read all the summeries yet, so I probably havn't reached that part. )

It's never said in the manga.
Miura said that at some convention, a while ago.
Of course, he may have changed his mind since then, but...

Elves have no gender?! How the hell do they procreate?! Oh sure people will tell me a jack-ass for asking the question, but nobody has the answer. The same thing with murmaids....ugh ???

Griffith

The only theory (I remember) on the origin of the elves is from the much maligned Gaiseric theory from the Japanese Boards.
The Elves are the materialization of feelings, just as the God of the Abyss is. They're just the "opposite" of the Idea of Evil. They were created by men and symbolize their hopes and positive thoughts.
I like it, personally. But does anyone else think they have a better idea?

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty basic idea. Its based on the whole 'origin' of religion. A religion or the GOD of a religion is given power through prayer, faith, and belief. So in the Berserk world, negative emotions outweight positive emotions (which if you ask me, is true in ANY universe, but...) This could have been why the elves 'left'. As for the origins? Ill agree (for now) with the whole 'elves came from humans positive hopes and dreams' idea. It makes sense and stays true to the basic flow of 'religious powers'.

I like it, personally.  But does anyone else think they have a better idea?

I have another idea about the whole "Elves are manifestationd of the positive feelings" bit...

If Elves are the "other side" of the Idea... Why are they "here", in the real world? Shouldn't they be spiritual entities?

So, when did the Elves appear?
What if they appeared... 1000 years before Griffith was "reborn" as a being of flesh?
After all, the Skull Knight said that the "incarnation phenomenon" occurs once in a thousand years, and allows an entity that should be in the divine territories to obtain flesh... That doesn't mean that "entity" is necessarily a God Hand...

Griffith

Speaking of elves, is it ever explained why Gatts has pointed ears? Or is it just the way he was drawn?
Because Guts’ father is really Griffith’s horse!! :eek:

Nah, they don’t have any special meaning. A number of other character’s share the trait; Gambino, Donovin, Griffith and the Count (even when he was human) just for example.

-Griffith

Merichan

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Really? I just kinda started to figure that they were all MAJOR Star Trek fans and liked to wear the Mister Spock ears for fun. ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Because Guts’ father is really Griffith’s horse!! :eek:

Nah, they don’t have any special meaning. A number of other character’s share the trait; Gambino, Donovin, Griffith and the Count (even when he was human) just for example.

-Griffith

Whoa whoa whoa. SO FAR, they don't appear to have any special meaning. It could most certainly be revealed as otherwise later.

Griffith

I can’t argue with that logic, but I can be an ass about it. ;D

SO FAR,      place any noun here       doesn’t have any special meaning.  It could most certainly be revealed as otherwise later.

Thank you, come again. ;)

-Griffith

Top Bottom