your first impressions with each character

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SO FAR, carrots eating the death-defying leaps of civilized businessmen doesn’t have any special meaning.  It could most certainly be revealed as otherwise later.

Wow...it works! You should patent that thing Wereallmad.  

puella

Berserk forever
All I can say is i can't remeber the first impressions at all.
Age may wither me.
but strangely i can remeber older times.
Oh, god... am I already ******** ?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
My first impressions of the characters are not THAT different from the way I see them now. Guts I saw as the tortured/haunted main character. I liked Guts then and I like him now. He's a simple guy with simple dreams. And there is nothng wrong with having a simple dream. Although now he's hell bent on revenge which he is totally entitled to. Griffith I first saw as this mysterious guy (because you only saw parts of him. You saw a helmet shot, a close up shot of his eyes. Never the whole image. It made you want to see more of him). As I know him now I think he's selfish. Ultimate dream chaser? No. The definition of selfishness. He just happens to have charisma which I think a lot of people have fallen for. My Impression of Skull Knight, Zoddo and the rest of Godhand is that they have this cool yet very Horrific vibe to them. That hasn't changed.

M

Majin_Gatsu

what's the difference between selfishness and chasing dreams?

Selfishness would be doing something for with only yourself in mind. Chasing dreams can involve others (though you could be chasing a selfish dream, if you want to get technical.) It's hard to define people's actions in such a narrow way, though, as most actions have deep-seeded motives behind them that contradict what they appear to be on the surface...

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Selfishness would be doing something for with only yourself in mind.  Chasing dreams can involve others (though you could be chasing a selfish dream, if you want to get technical.)  It's hard to define people's actions in such a narrow way, though, as most actions have deep-seeded motives behind them that contradict what they appear to be on the surface...

but the dreams is "yours". the dream could be an unselfish cause, but it is "your dream". therefore shouldn't it still be a selfish cause, no matter how many people benefit from it?

it's almost saying people do good things for other people because doing good things for others makes them feel good about themselves. i have yet to see anyone refute that -- the selfishness motives of every good deed.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
what's the difference between selfishness and chasing dreams?
Main Entry: self·ish
Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
Function: adjective
Date: 1640
1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

The definition of selfish is up top. Does that sound like a Dream chaser? Guts wanting to spend the rest of his life with the woman he loves is his dream. Is he disregarding the well being of others with that dream? No. Is he taking advantage of others? No. What that definition describes is Griffith.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Main Entry: self·ish
Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
Function: adjective
Date: 1640
1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

The definition of selfish is up top. Does that sound like a Dream chaser?

yes.

selfishness is not such a maligned thing, as the christian dogma would lead people to believe. sure, selfishness can lead to bad acts, but it can also lead to good things.

Kenoh-Sama

&quot;What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
yes.

selfishness is not such a maligned thing, as the christian dogma would lead people to believe. sure, selfishness can lead to bad acts, but it can also lead to good things.

I see your point. It's an arguable point. In the end it's all narative. Like former President Clinton agruing over the definition of the word "is". :D

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
???
Hmmmm.... my first impression....... well at least on the tv series:

Gatz: u rule!
Casca: Lesbo yet cute
Griffith: faggot, faggot,FAGGOT!...although his
role...very interesting
Pippin: Humble
Corkus: "His gonna die!"
Rickert:???
Zodd: YYYEEEESSS!
Boscogne: "sweet"
Adon: "eeerrrrrr"
Femto: "Lets get ready to rumble!!!!"
Godhand: "Ha ha....who's your daddy"
Band of Hawk (in General): cry babies!

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Quote: Casca: Lesbo yet cute

Qua? ???

She's not a lesbo. Just because she has a masculin role does not mean she is. Dude.

Here are mine. (from the game)

Guts: TOTALLY BADASS. I liked the way people would like tell him an entire story, but then he'd just reply with something like "Yeah, well... where is Casca?"

He kicked total ass.

Casca: Hmmm... interesting. At first I couldn't see why he kept her around, she was imposing on his badassness. But then I researched Berserk, and she became one of my favourite characters.

Puck: One word: Kickass. A bit annoying, but I still liked him.

Zodd(o?): When he first appeared, I was thinking : "What the fuck?!" Burt then I found out the history. One of my favourites, and he's now become something of a god to my friend. :D

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
???
Hmmmm.... my first impression....... well at least on the tv series:

Casca: Lesbo yet cute
Pippin: Humble
Zodd: YYYEEEESSS!
Boscogne: "sweet"
Adon: "eeerrrrrr"
Femto: "Lets get ready to rumble!!!!"
Godhand: "Ha ha....who's your daddy"
Band of Hawk (in General): cry babies!
r u serious? :-/

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i don't really remember, but as everybody ya know
Guts : that bastard is strong ! heh he's young now ???
Casca : cry baby ! don't be jealous
Griffith : _U_ rule !!
Judeau : he's gonna die ! ??? YYEEEEESS !! sweet lesbo yet cute...
Pippin : lesbo yet cute ... sweet
Corcus : lesbo yet cute ... very intersting ...
Rickert : Wow, the brother of Judeau ! ... lesbo yet cute
Zoddo : what the fuuuuuuck ?? what the f ( more and more high ) not lesbo
Adon : lesbo yet cute ... no not cute, just boscogne is uglier
Femto : humble ... lesbo yet cute
Demon child : lesbo yet cute ... he has the lips of casca
Skull Knight : heh ? !!
Kentaro Miura : a bit annoying, but I still like him ... lesbo yet cute ... U rule ... he's gonna die ( him too, too bad ) ... haha ... who's your d...

Puck, Godo and Griffith are my gods ... lesbo yet cute ^^
Maybe I got too FAR ! apologize

D

Drachenfels

what the hell is "lesbo"?
lesbian? or pansy? :-/

Uhmmm... don't ask.   :-/

My first impressions:

Guts: Badass of the Badasses.

Puck: Cute, little, funny, annoying sidekick of the hero, very kawai.

Griffith: GAYLORD! At first I thought he was a women when he appears in the memories of Guts at the very beginning, then I thought he was gay("I want you"). Now I think he's just a hermaphrodite.

God Hand: Slann was hot(thought her name had something to do with the  Warhammer race), Femto and Void had cool designs(I thought at first Femto was also a woman), but Kubik and Konrad were too similar and just boring without any real personality or purpose.

The fat count: First he was just a usual evil antagonist, but I was really suprised that his character had actually depth.

Gambino: An asshole, yet I thought he would actually have a place in his heart for Guts. Turned out that he hadn't.

Corkus: Lazy and jealous at Guts, the "average guy".

Kaska:I saw a boy in her at first. A strong willed woman, but with the usual Berser-psycho-complex that all characters seem to have. Very likeable, but she whines me a little too much.

Zodd: The Incarnation of destruction.

Charlotte: Very, very, very dump princess. And a slut.

Foss: Looked like a human incarnation of Kubik or Konrad.

Queen: Evil biatch.

Adonis:Hadn't much personality, but he showed us pretty good that Guts is no goody-goody hero, and his death added a lot of depth to Guts.

Gennon: Had the sexual behaviours of a catholic priest.

Skull Knight: Overrated. I first read about him on this site before I read the manga volumes with him. He's not the coolest guy in the manga, but certainly in the top five.

Silatt: Just another bug Guts has to squish.

Erika: Same kawai qualities as Puck, and a alike role.

Godo: Somehow cool, acts as the "mentor" person for Guts.

Roshinu: Another evil, little biatch, but also with personality depth.

Wild: Disgusting. Shows how evil the Berserk world can really be.

Azan: Another cool character.

Serpico: Seemed like a wuss at first, I was really suprised when he could stand against Guts in a fight. I like him very much.

Farneze: Braindamaged and crazy. Should receive a good spank from Guts!

Jill: Don't know, I just like her.

Her Father: Hate him! >:( Why couldn't he just be killed?

Mozgus: Crazy pope-wannabe, got his rightful punishment in the end.

Luca: Reminds me with her willpower a lot of Caska.

Isidiro: Annoying little brat, but not funny or cute like Puck. Should have been eaten by an Apostle.

Nina: Summarized pretty good all the weakness in the human nature.

Hmm.... okay, I think that were all.

puella

Berserk forever
Guts: poor
Puck: lovely
Griffith: pretty as hell
God Hand: Oops, hellraisers!
The Snail count: I like this guy
Gambino: why are you doing so harsh on such a little boy?
but I like him. it's sooooo sad Guts inevitably kill him. :'(
Corkus: Oh, he and me have a lot in common! very understandable character.
Caska:No!
Zodd: so sexy ;)
Charlotte: I hate your big head.
Foss: melon
Queen: Sharon Stone!
Adonis: poor victim
Gennon: poor old man
Skull Knight:  handsome
Silatt: cool
Erica: kindergarten baby
Godo: Clint Eastwood
Roshinu: so beautiful. I like her so much
Wild: his Vol. 11 is so perfect. I like all of the panels he appears in. of course I like him a lot.
Azan: nice moustache. warm-hearted character
Serpico:  :eek: & *_*& :-[ he takes my breath away, needless to say.
Farneze: less disgusting than Caska
Jill: smart and strong girl. I like her
Her Father: loser
Mozgus: a psycho
Luca: too perfect to exist in the real world.
Isidro: young Guts with a go-ahead spirit
Nina: the most disgusting character in berserk but she shows quite well how we are in the real life.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Griffith: GAYLORD! At first I thought he was a women when he appears in the memories of Guts at the very beginning, then I thought he was gay("I want you"). Now I think he's just a hermaphrodite.
Guys, stop with that 'Griffith-the-gay-woman-hermaphrodit-who-eats-tons-of-d****'
Total bullshit, I've really never thought that.

Gambino: An asshole
On this point I agree with Puella
hey ! if Gambino was a asshole, what the hell is Guts ??

Isidiro: Annoying little brat, but not funny or cute like Puck. Should have been eaten by an Apostle.
Hein ? He's strong ( what he makes with stones is astonishing ! ) has saved Casca and is funny, he's the companion of Puck, who is ( one of ) the best character(s) !

Corkus: Oh, he and me have a lot in common! very understandable character.
Do you look like him ? :)

Godo: Clint Eastwood
Godo's the human God of Berserk, definitively
plus he looks like the father of Locus

hmmmph...

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Aharherm, yes, lesbo = lesbian.

And please, stop with this "Griffith is gay" shit. I'm gay and I don't go around with long hair saying "You are mine". I'm not saying that absolutely every gay man doesn't do that, I mean, some might, its just not normal behaviour.

If a man took a woman's head in his hands and said "You are mine" in public, wouldn't you find that a little bit wierd? Gay people don't have some kind of strange "courting ceremony", they just do it like everyone else. Again, I'm not saying that every gay man (or woman) does exactly the same thing to court, I'm just saying that we aren't another race.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
NICE COMMENT KOURI.... but yes I am very serious....despite the glory of the Band of Hawks.... without Griffith, Gtaz and Caska...... they will be just a whole bunch of cry babies!
p.s.(I am trying to get somebody mad....I am bored)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
uh-oh I forgot to add  ;D to this quote. :-X
I correct it in 24 days. sorry I'm dumb.
I look like Flora, not Corkus. :eek:

Excuse me, you don't make a difference between Flora and Corkus ? That seems weird...

Top Bottom