Episode 255

S

Some Guy

A lot seems to be happening in this episode. Ganishka's familiars are on the prowl (dogs maybe?).

I think Serpico is trying to stop Guts because Serpico doesn't want him to try an force Farnase to go back on her decision to leave them and he believes that staying with the nobility is the best thing for her. That or he just want to fight Guts.

The outcome will most likely be a draw though I can see either of them could win with a clear victory. I don't think Guts will become berserker fighting him. I can't wait to see what kind of tactics will be used in the upcoming battle.

and Yoda Puck returns!!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
When Miura has a concerned Guts saying lines like, "What's about to happen?" I can't help but be excited. I'm hoping for the whole shebang: decisive duel, Kushan attack, Hawks counter-attack, Berserk Guts... Serpico Apostle? =)

I'm also very curious to see Serpico's thought process during this fight, he knows what he's getting into, and he has to be careful not to make Guts too desperate or angry, lest he rouse the Beast. Will he even consider taking a hostage, if not Casca, one of the kids could be even better (wouldn't want to risk just setting Guts off).

Also, is Guts still wearing his bit of hair, that would make for an interesting fight. Even still, Schierke can read Serpico's mind... ah whatever, lots of shit could happen, very interesting. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BiQ-- said:
EDIT: So, how many pillars before the ceiling comes crashing down?

I thought the exact same thing. ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
I'm kind of wonderin where Serpico is going with this as well

He's going to visit the astral realm I think. :-*

Some Guy said:
Ganishka's familiars are on the prowl (dogs maybe?).

Looks more like a cat or a panther to me, but then again it's hard to tell when they've been transformed.

Some Guy said:
That or he just want to fight Guts.

I don't think anybody but Zodd would want to fight Guts, really. Look at Serpico's face, there's fatalism all over it.

Some Guy said:
The outcome will most likely be a draw though I can see either of them could win with a clear victory.

Guts' physical condition isn't very good so Serpico might be able to hold his ground, I wouldn't expect him to really get the upper hand though (I'm not against being surprised either).

Hawks counter-attack... Serpico Apostle? =)

Naaah. :p

I'm also very curious to see Serpico's thought process during this fight, he knows what he's getting into, and he has to be careful not to make Guts too desperate or angry, lest he rouse the Beast.

Well, he's got a bad start already, as Guts called him "yaro", which considering the situation could be translated as "bastard".

Will he even consider taking a hostage, if not Casca, one of the kids could be even better

I thought about that eventuality when I read the episode too. Just how low will Serpico get in order to stop Guts? The more I think about it, the less I like him. ;D

ah whatever, lots of shit could happen, very interesting. =)

Sure thing. Once again, Miura arranged the situation so that anything could happen, it's time for speculation.

Ok, I'll tell you what's going to happen: Serpico and Guts go at it wildly, but Guts tires quickly. He manages to catch Serpico off guard and slams the Dragon Slayer down. A flash of light, and Serpico has jumped on the DS. He go for the headshot kill, only to find Guts catching his sword between his teeth. Guts then propels a shocked and disbelieving Serpico face first into a pillar, and sets off in the sunshine.

Aazealh said:
Ok, I'll tell you what's going to happen: Serpico and Guts go at it wildly, but Guts tires quickly. He manages to catch Serpico off guard and slams the Dragon Slayer down. A flash of light, and Serpico has jumped on the DS. He go for the headshot kill, only to find Guts catching his sword between his teeth. Guts then propels a shocked and disbelieving Serpico face first into a pillar, and sets off in the sunshine.

Damn something like that would be as thrilling as well... Both of them will face near death situations... but then again seriously no way is Serpico winning... Guts himself kills countless of apostles, even encounter Eclipse and Slann herself still manging to survive... the experience he had and the straight he possessed is far greater than Serpico, secondly Guts himself is also a strategist... He can be as cunning as well... (I rather believe in Guts using underhand methods as he deal those apostles than Serpico taking Schierke, Isidro or even Casca as hostage)... Hurting or taking Casca as a hostage might even prove more disadvantage as he might face the wrath of the Beast...

Damn... It another month of torment waiting :(

Hmm... I think in the next chapter, the kushan invasion may stop the fight, and guts and serpico will have to stop fighting to fight something/someone else.

Either that or the only one who can save both their lives and stop the fight is Farnese. Maybe guts' crew will run and look for her, or she will be contacted somehow by Ivarrela?

Guts' physical condition isn't very good so Serpico might be able to hold his ground, I wouldn't expect him to really get the upper hand though (I'm not against being surprised either).
I can't wait to see how Guts fights at full strength with the Berserk Armor. Hell, I can't wait to see Guts tare shit up with his full strength again, period.

puella

Berserk forever
I think Serpico will finally realize Guts is the safest place for Farnese though he fights Guts to keep her safe forever. Imagine only Guts is fighting when everybody is killed so easily..... Damn good. I like Guts' expression in the last page. 8)

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Thx for the episode once again ;)

Edit: Is the final page saying the next chapter won't be up until the 27th of May?

Thanks for the scans! It's so awesome! Serpico tries to make it where Guts can't swing his sword, but Guts crushed a pillar! What if he breaks too many. :eek:

I do totally agree with Serpico that he cannot take Guts man to man. You have Guts, who has strength and abilities above a normal human, partially from different realms. Then you have just a regular ol human Serpico, who is kinda frail if you ask me:
frailico.jpg
:-\

Regardless, incredible chapter! ;D ;D ;D

- C

then again as frail as he seem... He still wanted to have a showdown with Guts... It show how confidence is he... maybe he got something up his sleeves...

But why does Serp wanted to challenge Guts? Is it to fullfilled Guts wish? Back a few episode back then Guts remind him of the challenge or duel he promised to have... Maybe that also explain why Guts wasnt surprised at all when Serpico mentioned that he wanted to challenge him... He anticipated this all along... right from the moment when Serp wanted them to meet at the back alley (from Guts expression we can see he is suspicious)

Whatever the outcome... If serpico still survive and managed to injuried Guts in any way... I can gladly concluded that Serpico is the second best human fighter ever... Exceeding even Pre-eclipse Griffith and Azan...

Btw if i am not wrong... The last 2 pagea are one big portrait.. can anyone kindly merge them so that i can use me as a Screen saver? ;D Its damn cool

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I would love to read Serpico's mind right now to see his motive for diving head first into a potential deathmatch. Maybe if Guts isn't in the picture, her noble life will play itself out peacefully and no ill will come of her... but that's just boring. I can sort of see things panning out like this:

Chaos falls upon the eve and hell breaks loose. Noble heads fly and Farnese has to choose between fleeing or sticking around. She'll choose a life with Gut's & Co. Rose (makeshift name for Farnese's Mom) will already have boats awaiting them because she has some motherly forsight, etc. Serpico will be commended for trying to do the right thing for her and then........ various other stuff happens. I'm too tired to figure it all out right now :p

I don't think Serpico would become an apostle at this stage, even though I agree with Griff's opinions most of the time. 'Shit isn't quite that knee-deep yet.

Edit: Even though that interview was today, I still got some Berserk in! Champion!! Now I won't be back for a month while the play-offs start and Miura continues resting... but we all know he's totally overseeing a new anime deal (subjected to AN board crap for too long) :(

I miss Hauge.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Is Serpico's motive really that shrouded? I understand the shock of seeing this destined duel without a warning from the previous episode, but thematically, this has been long-overdue. The friction between Guts and Serpico has finally come to a head. Guts Band is attempting to storm the ball, which would forever ruin Farnese's chances of ever being accepted back into Vandimion's house. In addition to the immediate threat, the road Farnese has been travelling with Guts for a while now has put her in constant danger.

Remember Serpico's reaction when he realizes he was too injured to go after her into the Qliphoth? He's a control freak, and Guts has been trumping his influence for too long now.

I also don't think he has any intention of winning this duel. He knows his power is limited, especially after witnessing the Beast. The man just can't stand idly by while his love's life is ruined. Such an admirable little cunt, isn't he? 8)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Walter said:
I also don't think he has any intention of winning this duel.  He knows his power is limited, especially after witnessing the Beast.  The man just can't stand idly by while his love's life is ruined. Such an admirable little cunt, isn't he?  8)

Damn, Wally beat me to saying "Maybe this is just Serpie's way of committing suicide indirectly"  ;D  I'm not sure he'd have much to look forward to after Farnese is married, anyway... her hubby wouldn't want a close manservant for her, I'm sure. :p

All joking aside, things are awesometacularly climacticizing, so I'm happy.   I'm rooting for Serpie to get bitchslapped into helping against the Kushans... but who knows what Miura has up his sleeves  ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
It show how confidence is he... maybe he got something up his sleeves...
Walter said:
I also don't think he has any intention of winning this duel. He knows his power is limited, especially after witnessing the Beast.

I'm with Walter on that one, Serpico seems to be acting out of despair. His tricks against Guts didn't work in the past, there's no reason for them to work now, even with Guts being diminished.

Aazealh said:
I'm with Walter on that one, Serpico seems to be acting out of despair.

But why... Is he really trying to commit suicide indirectly? Since he knew there is very slim chance of winning him, why dont he try persuading Guts band to let her go?

One thing for sure... The duel is for the sake of their loved one... One for his half sister, one for his girlfriend... (I am assuming that the reason Guts wants Farnese back is to take care of Caska)

Seriously is quite sad for their relationship to turn this way... Guts and Serp have been good allies... Guts even try to help Serpico (but was block by the Ogre) when he faced the Kelpie back in volume 25

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
xechnao said:
It's mostly another thing
And what one?They(Guts and co) cannot know if Farnese is happy or not to have returned to her home. Anyway Serpico is the one that saw the encounter bethween Farnese and Magnifico so is also the one that know what their real deal was. Also with "mother dearest" greasing the goose the way she does, I am not sure at 100% that Farnese is now so determined to leave for going adventuring again.However good old Ganishka could change many things with his attack on Vritanis...

Something struck me that Serpico might not realised... Guts attempt to look for Farnese might eventually save her life (since they were in the midst of attack unknowingly)...

Top Bottom