Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Guts lose

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A tie

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The fight is interrupted

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
A sad new everyone... as you all may have noticed the next exciting episode will on another tormenting month away... but again for this period of break i guess it would nice if we can speculate the process and the outcome of the fight...

Throw your opinion in guys 8)

IMHO Guts will win eventually but not without a tough fight with Serpico... Guts will have to crash many pillars before even getting near Serp, Guts suffered small cuts (a long time ever since any human -except for Serp- have done that), but just a slash from Guts might prove fatal... Both will suffer wound with Serpico in more critical condition -A few slashes perhaps-... and as he was about to retreat... Guts wound suddenly affect him again, slowing his movement and even his reflexes... Serp at this point move in and penetrate his sword deep into Guts chest, where the exact Slann wound is... In this very particular moment, I am speculating Guts out of anger slam his flat surface of his DS on Serp against the pillars (injuring him seriously in the process instead of killing him)... Serp will be suffering internal injuries at this point... As he was about to get up he realise Guts is on top of him, with his DS slightly a few inches above Serpico... Guts give him a chance by asking him to give up and admit defeat, saying all this with breathing difficulty and pain... knowing that time is running out he is beginning to lose conscious... the outcome of him just fainting or becoming a beast will depend solely on Serpico's decision... ...

Maybe we can have a competition in determining who can get the closest speculation for the fight when the next episode come out (I got a feeling the battle may not end in just one chapter)

What about Serpicko choosing the pillars that Guts will destroy so that some piece of the roof fall on him from above?
If that happened it could also bring the beast on surface, couldn't it?

I gotta go with an interruption. I can just see them both hearing screams and running (or they could be interrupted by the enemy) off to find the beginnings of this epic battle to be.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dwarf Kicker said:
I gotta go with an interruption.

Heh, I knew I was right to add that option. ;) Seeing the results, I'm sure Smith won't mind.

As for the result of that fight, I can't seem to find anything that could help rule out one eventuality or another. Almost everything's possible.

Again Guts would win, but serpico would put up an awesome fight. And after a lot of parrying and dodging from both parties, I could see Guts breaking Serpico's rapier and putting his sword in a critical position, just like he did with Griffith second duel.

Aazealh said:
Heh, I knew I was right to add that option. ;) Seeing the results, I'm sure Smith won't mind

Haha true... But again i consider that as a tie because they didn't win or lose to one another... On the other hand it would be impossible if they are going to fight till the end and then end up as tie, situations such as Serp and Guts admitting that they draw wouldn't happen here... As Serp mentioned, he would lose to Guts...

Again i guess it will be quite true since they are dueling in the midst of Kushan attack... Sooner or later they will have to fight to defend the city (Not too sure about Guts defending it i suppose)

Anyway i discover one weakness of Serpico... remember the incident where he got seriously injured by the Kelpie? He was careless and he committed it again the second time when he tried to attack the Makara... I am wondering if Guts noticed that and use Serp weakness for his advantage...

As skillful and cunning as Serp can be... He do not have the hardiness that Guts has (Guts can continue fighting non-stop with wounds all over him, even if the wound was inflicted by Slann, Serp on the hand? Just a small stab by the Troll's club leave him resting in the villages for days)

I think what alot of others probably believe will happen. I think Guts will win, he will just have to use a little brain power. Guts is quite a tactician himself you know. I do not think however, that he will kill Serpico. He sees Serpico at least as a tool, maybe even sees that if the circumstances were different, they might have a little better relationship. After all he has seen, I do not believe Serpico really wishes to kill Guts. I think he just wants to be filled with pride when he is able to say he defeated the mighty Guts. My last words are that I just hope Guts kicks his ass, not kill him, just put him in his place. :)

- C

xechnao said:
What about Serpico choosing the pillars that Guts will destroy so that some piece of the roof fall on him from above?
If that happened it could also bring the beast on surface, couldn't it?

Btw this interesting option have brought my interesting in speculating if that is want Serpico want... But what believe is that even it happen Guts can simply slash the ceiling into pieces before it came crashing down his head... Serpico would have anticipated that the ceiling would not stop him... unless you are saying he is using that means to distract Guts and attempt to attack him at that instance...

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I'm going with interruption; they have fought in the past, with Serpico typically getting the upper hand, but a conclusive(i.e. life-threatening or lethal) decision has never been reached. If Miura hasn't concluded their enmity by now, its doubtful that he will-unless we seriously consider...Serpico Apostle! :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Herald of Yama said:
they have fought in the past, with Serpico typically getting the upper hand

Serpico getting the upper hand? Everytime he fled/stopped the fight, and on the cliff, since he had his sword broken, I would say he was defeated. He planned the fights so he would be advantaged (with Guts in a very delicate situation, unable to use his sword, etc), but always failed. That's hardly getting the upper hand to me.

Aazealh said:
Serpico getting the upper hand? Everytime he fled/stopped the fight, and on the cliff, since he had his sword broken, I would say he was defeated. He planned the fights so he would be advantaged (with Guts in a very delicate situation, unable to use his sword, etc), but always failed. That's hardly getting the upper hand to me.

I doupt that he can be outsmarted in a situation by Guts anymore, now that he knows him much better that is...if he has some plan on Guts, I think everything would go according to his planning from now on.

Posted by: xechnao Posted on: Today at 07:21:29 PM

I doubt that he can be outsmarted in a situation by Guts anymore, now that he knows him much better that is...if he has some plan on Guts, I think everything would go according to his planning from now on.

That is what several beings have thought, that they knew what would happen with Guts. Take the Snake count, or Grunbeld for example. They thought they had Guts totally defeated. Out of nowhere, here comes a stick of dynamite, named "pissed off Guts", to surprise the hell out of them. Besides, even if Serpico knows what he might do or try, do you really think he could stop him? Not to mention if for some unseen reason he loses control to the beast, then it would be goodbye Serpico! ;D Unless Skerike got involved, then that's a whole different thread...

- C 8)

PS. Too much incredibleness in Berserk.

Agent_C said:
That is what several beings have thought, that they knew what would happen with Guts. Take the Snake count, or Grunbeld for example. They thought they had Guts totally defeated. Out of nowhere, here comes a stick of dynamite, named "pissed off Guts", to surprise the hell out of them. Besides, even if Serpico knows what he might do or try, do you really think he could stop him? Not to mention if for some unseen reason he loses control to the beast, then it would be goodbye Serpico!  ;D Unless Skerike got involved, then that's a whole different thread...

- C  8)

PS. Too much incredibleness in Berserk.

I think you didn't get my point. I was talking proplerly about that...Serpico now is knows Guts more than anybody else that faced Guts allready.

Posted by: xechnao Posted on: April 23, 2005, 09:32:15 PM

I think you didn't get my point. I was talking proplerly about that...Serpico now is knows Guts more than anybody else that faced Guts allready.

I understand that Serpico knows Guts a little more than some of his previous enemies, but how much does he really know? I mean, how much does Sherike know, and she has been around him more than Serpico? The only ones to really know more than Serpico at this point, especially in his current crew, is Caska and Puck. Well Caska isn't there at the moment, in mind at least, and Puck isn't going to try and tell Serpico how to defeat Guts. I don't believe Puck even really has a clue on battling. If your point is that Serpico has more knowledge of Guts than any other that has fought him, yes. That knowledge though, really very slim actually, will not help Serpico without alot of help. If that is not your point then I don't understand what you are saying by "proplerly", or "Serpico now is Knows". I am not making fun of your English, I make mistakes like everyone else, thank God for spellcheck ;D. That is my opinion on the subject, sorry if you do not understand. I am going to crash cause I am running on fumes here. :-X

- C

BiQ_

" ... "
While I voted for interruption, I think that the only way for Serpico to win this battle is for Guts' body to break apart. I'd even guess this is what he is counting on, with choosing a place where Guts has to use extraordinarily much power just to swing DS around. Still, there's that cat-familiar running around loose, and who knows what else has yet to come, so I don't think this encounter can get very far before more pressing matters (safety of Farnese) get in the way.

Hmm... maybe Serpico decided to fight Guts exactly now just because he saw this pillar-filled hallway and wanted to give it a try now and here, when (and where) he sees a slight chance?

(Not sure if any of this has been said in Ep. 255 thread, sorry if someone ends up feeling ripped off...)

I see a interruption or tie. Guts and co have gone to alot of trouble to get Farnese back, she still as a magic user and whatnot has a large part to play in the story, but if anything happens to Serpico by Guts's hands it's hard to picture her joining the killer of her precious servant.

Then again if there is a winner it doesn't necessarily mean someone will die, as hard as that is to picture.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I voted for a Guts victory, but I think an interuption is more likely (and now I can't change my vote :'(). If the fight does get resolved though, Serpico would die, he just couldn't stand up to a Berserk Guts. Considdering the Kushan invasion is just about to happen though, there's almost no way that it won't interupt the fight. I see stuff like this happening way down the line in the series as well, sort of a rival/ally thing going on.

the one ordained said:
i dont think any of us would know for sure what is really going to happen in the outcome

Its really soon now... for those who havent... throw in your last votes and see who the winners 8)

Alright, I know everyone is so curious as to what will happen, but it seems Miura has raised the bar on his anticipation factor by cutting to a different scene. :eek: While this will shed light on different aspects of the story as a whole, here is a preview of what will happen in the duel :):

gutsvs.jpg

VS

frailico.jpg

After Guts looks at Serpico for a moment, this will happen:

gutsvsserpico.jpg

Then it's all good. ;D

- C

PS. and no apostle >:(

dwarfkicker said:
Looks like those who voted Guts had the right idea. Though an interruption would've been a little more dramatic.

Muira have to convince his fan that only through this method then only will Serp serve Guts...

Top Bottom