Griffith the good guy

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
anyway that teacher doesn't seem french to me ...
actually he is supposed to be the most french human being on this planet...!?(perhaps besides olivier... :-/)
hehe...he really is a french -freak...and a "cool" teacher too! ;D

apart from that i like his Harrison Ford look...??! :-/

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I said he diesn't look french partly because of his name which is more german ...
hell ! you should meet my 'super frenchie' teachers, especially Lopez , my french teacher with his famous sayings as 'bon, bon' ( he wears jeans, and got some broom in the ass ) ' à mesure', 'ça, c'est facile', 'ici, à partir de maintenant'
the best is when we're less than 10 in course, he begins to tell some 'jokes' and that's pretty confusing ...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
the best is when we're less than 10 in course, he begins to tell some 'jokes' and that's pretty confusing ...
men that sounds pretty like my "Ruprecht"
he is a real preacher and too likes to tell jokes of undefined or weird origin and sense!
hehe...yet i always laughed bout them!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i guess it was laugh of confusion... :-/
"der max hat das jetzt natürlich verstanden *looks at trapped_soul*

me: "pffffhahahaah!!!" *looks at herbert*

herbert: *looks at trapped_soul* "hehehe, nojo sicher, nicht max"

me: *looks at herbert" "Hehehehehhhh.... dies.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Sorry to swing this back on topic...

Where I'm getting lost in the story now... Is in what in the HELL Griffith's doing. Cause it looks, at least from the translations I read a while back (haven't read through the ones here yet so they may be different) that he's not, as yet, acting like an asshole in any way at all. Apart from the demonic flesh-hungry troops an' all.

How likely is it (if at all) that he's going to actually do his best to kick ass and win Midland for himself? It doesn't look like anyone who remembers the badass deeds of the band of the hawk would oppose him or even mind if he took over the place.

And then just take his demon army to start kicking down the doors of all the neighboring countries... take over the world etc etc....

I guess it amounts to what kind of leader he wants to be? What's he want to do with his country? What's he really want?

I mean WTF, Griffith?

Cause it's gonna really suck for Gatts if everyone loves Griffith and he shows up one day and lops his head off.

-Lith

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Lithrael said:
Cause it's gonna really suck for Gatts if everyone loves Griffith and he shows up one day and lops his head off.
Kinda like it sucked when the Hawks were slaughtered and Caska was raped?
Or like when Guts killed Gambino in self defense and got chaced out of the merc band?
What about when Guts killed Roshinu's apostle spawn, they turned into children, and the entire town turned on him?

Do I need to continue?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
crazyCelt said:
I usually don't like comparing Berserk to literature because it seems to go nowhere but I was reading Nietzsche's "Genealogy of Morals" and it seemed to explain exactly the kind of person Griffith is and that he isn't "bad". Nietzsche explains the "rancorous man" and the "noble man". The noble man (read Griffith) is one who looks inward for happiness and acts instantly on what he feels is right. On the other hand, the rancorous man creates a "slave ethic" where his life is based on an outward force of contempt. He makes an analogy of a bird of prey (Griffith of course) and lambs and the fact that the lambs dislike the bird of prey. It is normal that the lambs don't like the bird of prey but that doesn't mean they're "evil" and certainly doesn't the mean the lambs are good just because they are the opposite. The bird of prey loves and respects the lamb because it is tasty food just as Griffith loves Guts for what he does for him. I wouldn't quite say that Guts is a lamb though, but most people in Berserk are. Nietzsche would admire a character like Griffith for his unwavering sense of self and his perserverance to act on his dream. I think most people hate Griffith because, I dare say, they agree with the slave ethic.
well berserk is told in guts' perspective, and the only truly evil thing in berserk is, of course, the idea.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Majin Tenshi said:
Lithrael said:
Kinda like it sucked when ... (snip)

Do I need to continue?

Erm.. I'm not contesting the huge number of sucky things which happen in Berserk. Or trying to suggest that's not gonna happen just cause it'll suck... I'm just saying, y'know, that'll suck too.

And no, I'm not annoyed that Griffith isn't all like 'hahaha, I destroy you now!!' ..heh.. I'm just wondering if he's planning on being a good tyrant to Midland, or if he's gonna go on w/ his aloof to the world attitude and will only be nice to them so long as they're part of his plan, ie only appear to be a good tyrant...

I loved doombaby though. I hope something really horrible happens and he crawls out Griffith's eye or something.

-Lith

Lithrael said:
I loved doombaby though. I hope something really horrible happens and he crawls out Griffith's eye or something.

-Lith

Maybe it burst out of Griffin head just like Gaston in the eclipse!!! :eek:

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Lithrael said:

-Lith
exactly like everyone loved Thulsa Doom in the film "Conan" for the same reasons. This did not stop Conan from cuting his head off in front of his followers...

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
as griffth said we would not betray his dream he will be king of midland of that i am sure its just a matter of looking at things theres, no evil or good just diferent opinions as the hawks were important to griffth his dream was more, and the only thing that made him forget his dream gatts in the end was takking every thing away from him so as far im concerned the last moments were grifth was turned into femto it was his way of showing gatts that he still belonged to him. As for the people of midland loving griffth just wait until the kushan treat his over and Griffth reign, then people will start to live in real fear whit all those demons around killing and having there way whit th humankind they will start to realize that those things didnt used to happen before griffth showd up whit the demon soldiers eventually they will start to hate him... GO GATTS

Top Bottom