AOW Flying Zodd!!

So, there was talk of a flying Zoddo, by ART OF WAR.

Well lookie here:

zoddoflying1.jpg

zoddoflying2.jpg

Looks like it's 200mm tall, and has a retail price at 12,600 yen (roughly $120 US).

I got this information from this Yahoo Auction: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e46282527

I don't know how accurate it is, but it looks pretty cool. I wish it was bigger though!

JIN

Yudanero...
I knew I had my hopes up to high when I 1st heard about its release. For a figure it is nice, infact it has a very nice presentation. Though I really was expecting a statue of some quality instead of a figure.

Thanks DK for the link!   ;D

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wow, he's pretty awesome.  I really wish there was some way to make airborne figures and sculptures without the ugly pole, though.  If they had designed it with a different pose, they could have found a creative way to position a wing or his tail so that it touched the base but that he still appeared to be flying.  Unfortunately though, I don't many casting materials other than bronze are strong enough to support that kind of weight.  And then the sculpture would be really expensive.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
I really wish there was some way to make airborne figures and sculptures without the ugly pole, though. If they had designed it with a different pose, they could have found a creative way to position a wing or his tail so that it touched the base but that he still appeared to be flying.

Making the pole transparent would be a good start already, but that's apparently asking too much.

wow, pulling no punchings and coming up with not 1 but 2 clear photos! mad skills DK!

hmmm...it looks GOOD. I'm glad it's just 120ish. I like it, i like Zoddo a lot, but I wouldn't pay more than about 150 for it....simply because Zoddo doesn't fly a lot, and it's wierd putting him with the other statues. I'm mixed on it. It's obviously a tremendously well done scupt, but it doesn't "fit" well, imo.

edit: watch AOW come out with like wierd variants, like Griffith riding on his back, him holding the bed, bloody version, etc

"Flying Zoddo with Griffith on back, and holding bed" 20000yen
"Flying Zoddo with Griffith on back, non-bed, bloody version" 19800yen
etc etc

I think it looks good, but I'm not sure I'm interested in a figure. I've only collected statues so far, and I don't plan on changing things up. That's also pretty expensive for a figure in my opinion.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
Making the pole transparent would be a good start already, but that's apparently asking too much.

Heh, yeah, personally if I bought him, I'd rather hang him from my ceiling. ;D

It's probably difficult to support the figure and hide the metal rod. I own this 12" Spawn figure, and McFarlane wasn't able to do it either.

other_12spawni043_photo_06_dp.jpg

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
You can allways cut it, and put some nice fishing lines on top... :p

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Meh. It's awesome but I'd rather see him atop the structure with his wings spread open, roaring a battle cry upon the world.

Awesome Spawn statue though...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
From AOW's site, there should be a Limited ("Exclusive") Edition. The pre-orders will open in May, and they'll divulge the release date on the site once it's agreed upon.

EDIT: New info: the exclusive version will feature the body of a dead apostle.

EDIT2: Now available for pre-order on AOW's site.

It's interesting to notice that what they call the "corpse of an apostle" actually looks like one of Mozgus' disciples (i.e. not a real apostle even after the transformation). I'm not sure exactly what this is supposed to be about (he's also supposed to be looking at Guts). Zodd flying over the tower of Albion as it collapses?

Top Bottom