Favorite form of Griffith

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
not to contradict anyone here but I think the Femto "transformation" was the best....at least in my opinion, when I saw him 4 the first time on the series me and my friends jaws droped!!! cool design and image man!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
After viewing the Manga version of the Eclipse, I find it impossible for anyone to like Griffith/Femto.
well i do!...i think...well i guess i do....or maybe i don t...
sometimes i do...i mean i understand...or..hmm iguess i don t... well just don t ask me!
i don t know yet!^^

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Kicks?  I think he does something else with poor Caska's ass...

Should I reply ?
You better wise up,
Janet Weiss ! ( how pitiful i am... :-X)

Actually, you pointed a wonder in my confused mind : how could Femto rape Casca since they were from 2 different plans, and moreover, Femto was ethereal! Oh maybe beecause of the eclipse (i don't think very much :p )

The_Mysterious_N

Hai Yai Forces
Griffith is my favorite character...

I used to like him, even after he said the Hawks weren't his true friends, and I could even understand him sacrificing them for his dream. But man, the totally unnecessary raping of Caska. Does anyone know why he did it exactly? Hopefully it wasn't for vengeance because he went waaaaaaaaaay beyond. I think he crossed the line. (Just look at the Manga) Or maybe he did it so he could be reborn in human form, but how would he know how to do that? And WHY would he do that, I surely wouldn't give up my demon king body if I had a Black Swordsman coming at me with a dragon slayer. I guess I have my questions about Griff too. When he comes back as Griffith does he still have his Femto powers? Anyway, what he did was uncalled for no matter what and my favorite form of Griffith is crippled. He deserved every ounce of torture he received.

maybe he did it so he could be reborn in human form, but how would he know how to do that?
Well, the guy met "God" a few moments before, so, you know... ^^;
And WHY would he do that, I surely wouldn't give up my demon king body if I had a Black Swordsman coming at me with a dragon slayer.
Don't forget his dream.
I guess I have my questions about Griff too.  When he comes back as Griffith does he still have his Femto powers?
He still has powers. We don't know if they're exactly the same ones.

D

Drachenfels

He deserved every ounce of torture he received.

I don't think so. He hadn't done something really evil until the ecplise. And keep in mind, he was tortured non-stop for a full year. Imagine how your mind would be shattered after such an expierience.
Oh, I think he was a idiot for overreacting so much when Guts left him. If he had taken time to consider his next steps, he would still have gained his country, but it may have taken a little longer.

D

Drachenfels

Actually, you pointed a wonder in my confused mind : how could Femto rape Casca since they were from 2 different plans, and moreover, Femto was ethereal!

How could the demons in the eclipse kill the Hawks? Don't know what you see in "ethernal", but I think everything in Berserk can be slayn with some good whacks of Guts' Dragonslayer.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
How could the demons in the eclipse kill the Hawks? Don't know what you see in "ethernal", but I think everything in Berserk can be slayn with some good whacks of Guts' Dragonslayer.
ethereal is... search in a dictionnary !
you're wrong : guts won't slay Idea, and as far as I know, he never touched Femto ( you'll say it's because of the bleeding brand, and you may be right )

The_Mysterious_N

Hai Yai Forces
I don't think so. He hadn't done something really evil until the ecplise. And keep in mind, he was tortured non-stop for a full year. Imagine how your mind would be shattered after such an expierience.
Oh, I think he was a idiot for overreacting so much when Guts left him. If he had taken time to consider his next steps, he would still have gained his country, but it may have taken a little longer.

And that is what galls me. All Guts can do is a swing a sword right? So how would he be useful if the fighting is over? I don't think Griff needed him at this point He was just being selfish, he let that you belong to me and now you are mine stuff go to his head. But still, I didn't hate Griffith even though he basically kidnaps Guts, and then he tries to keep him in captivity. (He was only trying to be his true friend and achieve his own dream, Griff should appreciate this) I didn't hate him until the eclipse, and that's why I believe he deserved the torture. Before that even though it was his fault, I felt kinda bad for the guy. Oh yeah, his mind wasn't shattered to the point where he couldn't think "this I sacrifice."

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
At the eclipse, Griffith was a broken man, in a state of confusion and insanity.
This allowed him to be swayed into making the sacrifice easily.

Femto could be described as Griffith's id, with all restraints such as morality removed.

To him, nothing is abhorable, not even raping Caska, as she was just a tool, leading to his rebirth and torturing Guts.

He still viewed the Hawks as tools to serve his dream, nothing more.

Yet, he still couldn't kill Guts. He has had multiple chances, as Femto and Griffith reborn to kill Guts, but he always stop short and makes the excuse that Guts isn't strong enough to be worth killing, or to even be a threat.

It seems that his deepest desires somehow include Guts, as he does the same thing pre-eclipse Griffith did, saving/sparing Guts and then denying any feelings of friendship.

D

Drachenfels

ethereal is... search in a dictionnary !
you're wrong : guts won't slay Idea, and as far as I know, he never touched Femto ( you'll say it's because of the bleeding brand, and you may be right )

I never said he touched Femto. But the fact that Femto and Void tried not to get hit is proof enough for me that they can be slayn with weapons.
Oh, and when did I said something about the Idea? It's not a real physical being, so it wouldn't be harmed by physical attacks.

D

Drachenfels

Femto could be described as Griffith's id, with all restraints such as morality removed.

To him, nothing is abhorable, not even raping Caska, as she was just a tool, leading to his rebirth and torturing Guts.

He still viewed the Hawks as tools to serve his dream, nothing more.

Where is the difference to the usual Griffith?

Yet, he still couldn't kill Guts.  He has had multiple chances, as Femto and Griffith reborn to kill Guts, but he always stop short and makes the excuse that Guts isn't strong enough to be worth killing, or to even be a threat.

It seems that his deepest desires somehow include Guts, as he does the same thing pre-eclipse Griffith did, saving/sparing Guts and then denying any feelings of friendship.

Agreed.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Where is the difference to the usual Griffith?

The usual Griffith had a code of ethics. He rescued Casca from the nobleman's rape attempt without knowing the aide she would give as a company commander

He didn't kill or rape people on a whim. Griffith only took action against you if you were obstructing his dream.

He couldn't let Guts go because he relied upon him too heavily to do the dirty work, and he seemed to feel bad about his actions i.e. the "Do you think I'm a horrible person?"

He had regrets about all the men who had died following him. Femto didn't.

I can't get a real read on the "new" Griffith yet.

If I were Griff I would have postponed the dream a couple of years
Well, he _had_ to wait two years.
at least until Guts dies.
That would mean he fears Guts? ^_^;

the fact that Femto and Void tried not to get hit is proof enough for me that they can be slayn with weapons.
God Hands aren't physical beings, so they can't exist in the "real world". Not as "beings of flesh".
But it looks like they can interact with physical beings in special circumstances. Occultations and "sacrifices" don't occur in our world.

D

Drachenfels

The usual Griffith had a code of ethics.  He rescued Casca from the nobleman's rape attempt without knowing the aide she would give as a company commander

He didn't kill or rape people on a whim.  Griffith only took action against you if you were obstructing his dream.  

He couldn't let Guts go because he relied upon him too heavily to do the dirty work, and he seemed to feel bad about his actions i.e. the "Do you think I'm a horrible person?"

He had regrets about all the men who had died following him.  Femto didn't.

The old Griffith still did anything to reach his dream, no matter the consequenses.
Griffith raped Caska because he intended to be reborn. So he didn't do atrocities without a reason.
I think Griffith rescued Caska because he wanted to kill the nobleman anyway, and he may have seen potential in Caska.
And since we didn't get any insights into Femto's mind, we don't know the difference in thinking between him and Griffith.

God Hands aren't physical beings, so they can't exist in the "real world". Not as "beings of flesh".
But it looks like they can interact with physical beings in special circumstances. Occultations and "sacrifices" don't occur in our world.

They have a physical body they want to protect. Why else should Void have mislead SK's blade? If they were etheral or whatever, wouldn't Void just have let Sk's sword slash trough him?
God Hands are physical beings, they just can't exist in the world of flesh. They are not like the bodyless Idea.

Top Bottom