Who is the best swordsman after Guts?

P

psymont

Walter said:
2) volume 19's fight involved the sun in Guts eyes, the fact that he couldnt draw his sword, and his footing was off. Serpico had every advantage. Cheap, and not exactly comparison-worthy.

serpico's talent in that situation was strategy .... of course the ability to swing off the side of a cliff, stab at his oppents face from below, then dodge bolts by swinging past his oppenent on the cliffs ledge again only to come up on the other side to use his oppenents weapon(bombs) against him, well, even guts said he had skill

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
How bout Balzac from the video game, the guy was Kinda ugly but had two wicked halberds and fought pretty cool. Also in the scene where he talks about his youth and it shows a picture of a younger Balzac (Whom looks pretty cool.) does anyone else think this guy would be cooler as a younger character? One more question is what do you guys think about Gambino or Yurius swordplay?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
[quote author=Gutz

The only other hawk fighter worth mentioning is Judeau and Pippin, the rest are just normal fighter.

Judeau has a remarkable marksman in his throwing skill (Gutz's throwing dagger was taught by him!) while Pippin is the strongest fighter beside Gutz in the hawk. But still they are not strong enough to survive the eclipse! :p

I think you're forgetting Casca. Wasn't she the third best warrior in the Hawks, behind Guts and Griffith?

As far as Yurius goes, he was probably a bit above average, but nothing special. Casca would probably take him pretty easily.

Gambino in his prime was probably about as good as Guts was when Guts killed him.

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Do you mean Gambino was as good as 11 year old guts when he was not crippled? I think Gambino isn't as good as Griffith but could probally destroy Caska in a fight. I mean as far as the members of the hawks go I think Judeau was much better a warrior than she, and maybe if he didn't save her during the scene of hell he could have lived?

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Yes I wanted to make a point about Serpico, he fights using his intellect. So the fact that during their second dual he fought Guts with everything to his advantage shows his skills in HIS TYPE of swordplay. It's a brain vs Brawn thing.
Also I have not read the earlier mangas so someone tell me about this Jerome dude I read about on one of these threads, the character FAQ states that he isn't that good a warrior but someone said he is an impressive swordsman.

Doa Viem said:
Do you mean Gambino was as good as 11 year old guts when he was not crippled?

Maybe, Gutz became fairly strong when he was 11 yrs old

Doa Viem said:
I think Gambino isn't as good as Griffith but could probally destroy Caska in a fight.

He stand no chance against Caska. I doubt he can even defeat Adon, which was a easy opponent for Caska.

T

temporary

I'd like to say that Zodd is probably the second best swordsman after Gatsu. Wait a minute, he's a swordbeast. Nevermind.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
He was a swordsman.

Take a look at the 1st post... it is mention that it is only for human to be included as the best swordsman, so apostle like Zodd are not counted.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doa Viem said:
What ABOUT BALZACK from the game?? He was a damn awsome fighter and took me more tries than Zodd!!

He doesn't fight with swords but with halberds ;), and he's nothing compared to Zodd, just hit the slash button and he dies.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
True, I died a countless number of times against Zodd and not once against that wimp Balzack.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doa Viem said:
How did Zodd kill you?? he sucked even on hard, he is an easy easy target!!
wizard.jpg

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
IF you say I cheat that cannot be for I dont know anycodes its just that I play fighting games ALOT and it was this game that started me on beserk. Right now I wasted ZoE 2nd runner on hard without dying. I died once and that was against Viola taking over Ken's ship, I killed her.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doa Viem said:
IF you say I cheat that cannot be for I dont know anycodes its just that I play fighting games ALOT and it was this game that started me on beserk. Right now I wasted ZoE 2nd runner on hard without dying. I died once and that was against Viola taking over Ken's ship, I killed her.

Very impressive.

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
heheheh Walter I love that Wizard picture of me though, I'm a more buff though cuz Im a breakdancer. And serously was Zodd that hard? I thought Balzac was hardy cause he was faster. Anyways I'm going through the game again its been around a year so I'll find out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doa Viem said:
heheheh Walter I love that Wizard picture of me though, I'm a more buff though cuz Im a breakdancer. And serously was Zodd that hard? I thought Balzac was hardy cause he was faster. Anyways I'm going through the game again its been around a year so I'll find out.
Do you recognize the title and the context? Anyway, yes Zodd is widely accepted as a difficult Boss.

I also wanted to know about Void, does he fight and how so?
void-attack.jpg
From Volume 13, Void redirects Skully's sword back at him using this 4th dimensional portal. This is likely just scratching the surface of his badass arsenal, but that's just speculation.

Top Bottom