What's your favorite video games?

R

-rob-

Walter said:
Metal Gear Solid for PS was a remake of the NES version?  :isidro:

oops I meant "Metal Gear Snake". I think the playstation game was the sequel to the 2 NES games. Like when they were talking about what happened in Zanzibar was stuff you actually did in the NES game. I can't remember, it was waaaayyyy to long ago. I know somehwere in Metal Gear Solid 2 there's a video with footage of the first Metal Gear, I think it was around the part when Campell was like "Turn the game off now".

Angelette

Slightly Insane
I can't really decide between Final Fantasy VIII or Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time. They're so completely different that I can't choose.

Well.. no, I take it back. I CAN choose. I choose BOTH! ^___^

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
This game isn't quite out yet, but my recent attempts to drop my video gaming habbits have been put to the test by it: Devil Kings. It looks like Dynasty Warriors infused with a good healthy dose of Devil May Cry. It reminds me a bit of the whole combat style of Berserk, with one man versus an entire legion of warriors.

Proof that the game looks awesome (it's a long movie, will take ime to load): http://dss.myweb.hinet.net/basaracombos.htm

great list -rob-
-rob- said:
NES
mario 1-3
zelda
metal gear solid

SNES
mortal kombat 1-2
super mario world
killer instinct
zelda

N64
mario 64bit

Play Station
die hard trilogy
final fantasy 8

PS2
mortal kombat deception
gta san andreas

Jaguar
wolfenstein 3d
doom

Sega Dreamcast
berserk
shemnue

PC
doom 2
age of the empire (all of them)
warcraft (all of them)
army men (all of them)

i still have these games at hand lol. and i have no clue but i wonder if any of the kids now that are all into World of Warcraft even know where it originally came from?
i do miss the old school now I'm playing the Orc Campaign in WarCraft II :void:

Angelette said:
I can't really decide between Final Fantasy VIII or Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time. They're so completely different that I can't choose.

Well.. no, I take it back. I CAN choose. I choose BOTH! ^___^

have you ever played FF7? I mean 8 was a really great game and all.... well i guess it is a kinda hard choice i mean the whole Zelda series is pretty amazing (except for part 2 on the NES. sorry Aazealh :guts: )
so yeah pick both :guts:

Alucalb said:
Half-Life 2
Halo 2
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII and X
Chrono Trigger
Knights Of The Old Republic

nice list Alucalb. have you ever played any of the original Half-Life games?

Vaxillus said:
This game isn't quite out yet, but my recent attempts to drop my video gaming habbits have been put to the test by it: Devil Kings. It looks like Dynasty Warriors infused with a good healthy dose of Devil May Cry. It reminds me a bit of the whole combat style of Berserk, with one man versus an entire legion of warriors.

Proof that the game looks awesome (it's a long movie, will take ime to load): http://dss.myweb.hinet.net/basaracombos.htm

looks really cool. if you want to see more trailers or look at a whole bunch of screenshots here a link. oh and it drops on 10/11/05

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilkings/index.html

ok now i have to ask a question has anyone hear heard much about Rockstars new game bully? it drops on 10/24/05

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/bully/index.html

DarthVenom said:
nice list Alucalb. have you ever played any of the original Half-Life games?

Yup. "I wonder if those boy's could have made a bigger mess?" :D

Other faves:

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time
Rise Of The Kasai
God Of War
Spider-Man PS1
StarCraft
Xenogears
Resident Evil 4
Burnout 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga
Transformers Armada

I have been reading about Heroes of Might and Magic 5 coming out in February. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is going to be a MMORPG? Part 3 was amazing IMO, it was filled with a great fighting system, and an assortment of cool characters and monsters, along with really well thought out scenarios. I remember it was originally made by 3DO, they then made part 4 which was cool, and then they went out of business (or what ever happened to them) and now Ubisoft picked up the game. So if anyone has any info please let me know.

The Warriors is exactly how I thought it would be: fucking awesome.

Grand Theft auto Liberty Stories for the PSP is also now added to my list of favorite games.

Also I have to ask does anyone have any clue, or speculations on what the new Alliance race is going to be for the World of Warcraft expansion?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is about people's favorite games, so your post is off-topic DarthVenom... Anyway:

DarthVenom said:
I have been reading about Heroes of Might and Magic 5 coming out in February. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is going to be a MMORPG?

It'll come out in the first quarter of 2006, so February is a possibility (the FAQ on the official site says March though). And no, it won't be a MMORPG, just a turn-based tactical game like the others (close to Etherlords apparently).

There was a rumor about the development of a MMORPG only available in China that would have the HoMM world as a backdrop, but I haven't read anything serious about it.

Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 10
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
Pro Evolution Soccer (all of them)
Fifa 99
Fifa 96
Sonic & Knuckles
Mortal Kombat
Castlevania
Italia 90
Super Mario

(and many more that i cant remember i was too young)

Favorite :guts: well there are too many so heres the - whatever first comes to mind- list

Duke Nukem 3d, Simons Quest, Morrowind, Broodwar, Mario(nes/snes) Rainbow six, Doom 1/2/final/ultimate, Quake 2, Warcraft 2/tides of Darkness,
Civilization 1 (back in the day), Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Diablo 2, Zelda(gameboy, N64, nes, and snes) Final fantasy VII, Mega man 1-5 (nes/gameboy)
hell i dont wanna write any more :judo:

Walter said:
Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge?  :???:

Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge is not even an official sequel to Metal Gear. It was made with out the involvement of Kojima, the actual sequel to Metal Gear was titled Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Which detailed the events that occured in Zanzibar land after Outer-Haven - in which Big Boss
*SPOILER High-lite to read*

is killed by Solid Snake

*END SPOILER*

So I don't think he is talking about Snake's Revenge.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jepn30 said:
Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge is not even an official sequel to Metal Gear.

Guess what, Walter knew that.

jepn30 said:
It was made with out the involvement of Kojima, the actual sequel to Metal Gear was titled Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Which was based on and inspired a lot by MG2: Snake's Revenge, about which Kojima said that it had the right Metal Gear feel, and that he personally liked it.

jepn30 said:
*END SPOILER*

White on blue, not sure this does a good job at hiding spoilers. Anybody interested in the story should know that anyway so...

jepn30 said:
So I don't think he is talking about Snake's Revenge.

Walter was making fun of that guy.

Mo

The Warrior
I'm still stuck on Street Fighter Alpha two, Tekken Tag, and Metal Gear Solid 1; things are getting real complicated with videogames these days - they take too long to even get a hang of...

Commodore 64:

Creatures
Bloodwych

Sega Master System

Wonderboy in Monster Land
Phantasy Star I

Sega Megadrive

Gunstar Heroes
Sonic the Hedgehog

SNES

Castlevania VI
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Breath of Fire 1
Legend of Zelda 3
Super Mario World

Gameboy

Tetris

Jaguar

Tempest 2000
Aliens vs Predator

PS1

Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 1
Tekken 2
Rage Racer
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 1
Street Fighter Alpha

Dreamcast

Sonic Adventure
Shenmue
Power Stone
Jet Set Radio
Marvel vs Capcom

Neo Geo Pocket Colour

Dark Arms
Puzzle Bobble Mini
King of Fighters R-2
The Match of the Millenium [SNK vs Capcom]

PC

Dungeon Keeper 2
Vampire: The Masquerade
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
Neverwinter Nights
Half Life

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
XENOGEARS FOREVER MY BIG BIG FAVORITE,
xenosaga trilogy,
shadow hearts 2 convenant,
genso suikoden 2 and 5,
final fantasy 9 and 12,
chrono trigger and chrono cross
rogue galaxy,
metal gear solid 3,
shadow of the colossus,
god of war,
All the grand theft auto from ps2 and psp,
tourist trophy and gran turismo
tekken 5
AND OF COURSE THE KING OF FIGHTERS, me and some friends play it since the '97.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
My favorite games are (in no particular order):

Final Fantasy series (except FFX-2, which was horrible)
Zelda series
Castlevania series (in particular SoTN)
Tekken Tag Tournament
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Sonic the Hedgehog
Primal Rage
Legacy of Kain series
Berserk
American McGee's Alice
Chrono Trigger
Gungrave
FMA and the Broken Angel (transmuting all that stuff is just too fun)
Tetris
Silent Hill series
Starcraft
Devil May Cry series
The Sims and The Sims 2
Black and White series

Top Bottom