Which fighting style is better?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Maybe he should even pull out sub zero s in mk 1...
u know the one when he takes the victims back inside out to daylight...
wenn don gscheit!
der vom kung lao in mk2 is a nit schlecht
(wo an mitn huat in da mittn ausanondateilt)

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
Guts -
Well, when I look at Guts, I see that he often goes into the guard of the woman (the one where the sword almost goes behind the head - not to be confused with high guard or guard of the window....). The advantage to this is that you could get an incredible amount of power in the swing (actually called a swing of rage i believe - when one swings from guard of the woman). The disadvantage is that you are left open to thrusts very easily, unless you have extreme speed. Guts may use an enormous sword, but he has enough speed to maintain his fighting technique. Anyway Guts is a badass.....so he can do whatever he wants.

Zodd-
If you use two swords you can possibly do a Flourentine style (don't know if Zodd does this or not), but effectively you are blocking and attacking on the same motions, not parrying and then attacking (almost like using a shield). I went up against a guy who used two swords and this style.....and i got whooped (as did almost everyone else who did). Zodd also has this immortal thing going for him....which isn't too shabby

And another thing....Guts uses that sword like most people would use a typical long sword or perhaps a broad sword....which is so cool

People who used larger swords (Great Swords or Zweinheinders ...etc...) were payed more money in battle and were often thought to be more heroic.....go figure....

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
to me the best fighting skills?.... Ill go for Guts, not because of the sword, arm cannon or whatever u wanna call it, but his sence of destruction and power. This guy will do ANYTHING to kill u. It doesnt matter if he has to do it with a spoon. To me THAT means enemies will have a really bad time trying to kill him

By the way "it feels good being the new guy"

G

Genn21

Chinmi said:
The strongest sword fighter in the Berserk world is Guts and Zodd. I was thinking who have the most effective style. Zodd uses two swords on each hand. The advantage of having two sword is that you can parry with one swrod on one of the hand and strike with the other. However, you don't have the power and control you get if you hold one sword with two hands. Also, Guts sword is long, therefore, he have a better reach. The disadvantage is if Guts was fighting in a small room or a cliff, he won't able to swing his sword easlity.

What do you think?

Well it matters on whos got a better handle on what weapon. Gutts can swinghis weapon like a short sword ( even carry it in his mouth ). Zodd can swing those two like saw blades. I assume hes been doing so for many human life times. Id have to say at sword speed zodd would be better. But for sword power attacks and defence Gut's d.s definatly takes the cake. his One sword outwieghs 7 of zodd's.

I will 100% goes with DS if i can wield it

Grim_Swordsman said:
I prefer Gut's style....the Dragon slayer not only is enourmous but is very heavy.

Not heavy but massive! Maybe u guys didnt notice this, but back in vol18 when Isidro tried to steal DS, if that time the sword face him on the edge instead of the surface, he might had been sliced into half by just the weight of DS. Indeed the weight gave Gutz advantage even though it restrict his movement, when combine with Gutz strenght he can virtually slice through any matter.

btw, not only the sword was heavy but also goddamn tough, the thickness of the blade gave the sword unbreakable properties. It was so tough that it can slice throught the 1 ft thick metal wheel without suffering any visible damage (during the battle with Morzges disciples). If Gutz was holding a normal sword instead, it would have break like a glass under such impact with the gigantic wheel

Also since it is big enough, it can even act like a shield to deflect all arrows. Lastly dun forget that DS can hurt supernatural being like GH.

So i had to say this was the most suitable weapon ever for Demon hunter such as Gutz!

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Chinmi said:
The strongest sword fighter in the Berserk world is Guts and Zodd.  I was thinking who have the most effective style.  Zodd uses two swords on each hand.  The advantage of having two sword is that you can parry with one swrod on one of the hand and strike with the other.  However,  you don't have the power and control you get if you hold one sword with two hands.  Also, Guts sword is long, therefore, he have a better reach.  The disadvantage is if Guts was fighting in a small room or a cliff, he won't able to swing his sword easlity.

What do you think?
Yeah your right they are the best and skeleton knight sucks. ;D

M

medievald00d

Chinmi said:
The strongest sword fighter in the Berserk world is Guts and Zodd.  I was thinking who have the most effective style.  Zodd uses two swords on each hand.  The advantage of having two sword is that you can parry with one swrod on one of the hand and strike with the other.  However,  you don't have the power and control you get if you hold one sword with two hands.  Also, Guts sword is long, therefore, he have a better reach.  The disadvantage is if Guts was fighting in a small room or a cliff, he won't able to swing his sword easlity.

What do you think?

the best sword fighter is the one who has had the most practice, has the most skill, and can incorporate his/her techniques anywhere. Zodd and Guts are nearly evenly matched, not because their style is better or equal to the other, but because they know how to effectively use their techniques against each other.

In modern times, its easy to pick out who's better than the other. Quite frankly because some martial arts suck for real combat (tae kwon do) and some actually work.

Also, most people have a "black belt" and have no idea how to really defend themselves. In the world of Berserk, people dont have that kind of problem. Why? Anyone that cant really defend themself or practice a crappy martial art tend to die...fast...

James_A

Gatsu Wannabe
I'm gonig to have to say the double sword fighting style is best. While the comic may show the awe of Guts' one handed style, two swords has and obvious advantage.

First you can attack and perry at the same time. If a powerful one handed attack is made, the idea is to redirect the sword rather than oppose it. While the sword is in redirection, you can swiftly attack with the other sword. While it is adaptive to whom ever you are fighter, and your own stregnth, most people will fair better learning the two sword attack against most opponents.

Also martial arts such as Tae Kwon Do were specially created for combat against certain foes. It was orginally an art created for rank fighting, rather than individual hand to hand.

The american version became a poorly done sport, which is more used for instilling honor (control) in 8 year old brats then actually self defense.

SATAN said:
Yeah your right they are the best and skeleton knight sucks. ;D

Do u mean Skully, if the answer is yes then the only explanation i can find is because his sword can slice through anything (even dimension), there is no need to fight for skully...

Bill

Daydreaming....
Shoulnd't the Skullknight and Griffith be considered as one of the best swordsmen around too? Griffith did take on Guts and won to have him join the Hawks. Skully just plain cool.

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
Fighting style is important but experience is even more important.The best fighters are the ones who costantly fight in the streets and battlefields alot and live to talk about it.Plus it depends on who you fight.The big muscular guy who has strength, skill, speed, experience and good reflexes has a higher chance of winning. Zodd(human) and Guts have skill, power, speed,experience and good reflexes. They didnt train in some confy ass dojo, no they learned swordmanship on the battlefield in the frontline dodging arrows,blades, cannon balls and lived to fight some more. Both are good at fighting multiple opponents at incredible numbers not just one. Zodd may have immortality but if it werent for his skill and experiance he would've been slashed to tiny pieces.

Bill

Daydreaming....
Soul Blader said:
Zodd may have immortality but if it werent for his skill and experiance he would've been slashed to tiny pieces.

That brings up a question thats been bothering me. If Zodd gave his sacrifice not to for immortality but to find the ultimate strong one (Griffith), now that he's found him does his immortality end there? If Guts is able to slice 'n dice demonform Zodd and then seperate the piece to all the winds, will that be the end of Zodd?

Bill said:
If Guts is able to slice 'n dice demonform Zodd and then seperate the piece to all the winds, will that be the end of Zodd?

More likely... And he might even be dragged back to hell like the other apostles did

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
You know, it's possible that Zodd isn't immortal at all, he just has such a long lifespan that he seems immortal to the average person. There's never been anything definitive that says he's unable to die.

And why would he be dragged to hell? That happens when you summon God Hand and refuse to sacrifice anyone, not when you fulfill your "life's work."

Bill

Daydreaming....
I didn't say that he'll immediately die, but he won't be able to come back again. Wyald was sent into Hell after Zodd broke him in half.

kimchan said:
And why would he be dragged to hell? That happens when you summon God Hand and refuse to sacrifice anyone, not when you fulfill your "life's work."

Like bill said, do u remember the incident of Wylad?

M

medievald00d

kimchan said:
You know, it's possible that Zodd isn't immortal at all, he just has such a long lifespan that he seems immortal to the average person. There's never been anything definitive that says he's unable to die.

If you cant get your hands on a behelit and a sacrifice and you're almost dead, ur prolly gonna be dragged into hell...

--edited for grammatical errors...

Bill

Daydreaming....
Anyone notice that Ishidro's fighting style is similar to Judeau's? Two shortswords (well 1 shortsword and a flame dagger) and dead aim when throwing things. Perhaps Guts will give him some throwings knives.. ;)

Bill said:
Anyone notice that Ishidro's fighting style is similar to Judeau's? Two shortswords (well 1 shortsword and a flame dagger) and dead aim when throwing things. Perhaps Guts will give him some throwings knives.. ;)

Are u sure Judeau use 2 shortswords? How come i didnt notice that?

Talking about Isidro, Gutz did give him some little bombs to attack the troll, remember?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Smith said:
Are u sure Judeau use 2 shortswords? How come i didnt notice that?

He does, even in the anime. I remember seeing him using the first shortsword to block a sword from an attacking enemy and then stab the enemy with the second shortsword.

Top Bottom