Direction of the plot

monaleilani

I'm a Dirty, Foul Little Boy.
Yay speculation.

If Gutts is the true owner of the Behelit, when he encounters Griffith once more, he may inadvertantly call on it, through blood or emotion. His precious ones, Caska and his new friends, would have to be sacrified in order to gain the power to kill Griffith. This is the major conflict, I believe. In the end, I think Gutts will be forced to chose between the ones he loves, or finally achieving vengence.
Skull Knight even hints at this, I think. I don't recall very well, but I believe he tells Gutts he has to make a decision-- kill Griffith or save Caska, but he can't do both. Or something of that nature.
As Gutts becomes more and more inhuman, the "beast" becomes stronger inside him. I think the "beast" is a possible manifestation of the form he would take should he became an apostle, if Gutts chooses vengence. It is the way his subconsciousness takes shape. Becoming evil.. Becoming an apostle.. Draws on the darkness of the subconsciousness.
Gutts has two decisions to make-- Caska or Griffith, humanity or inhumanity.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Welcome

monaleilani said:
Skull Knight even hints at this, I think. I don't recall very well, but I believe he tells Guts he has to make a decision-- kill Griffith or save Casca, but he can't do both. Or something of that nature.

What Skull Knight was referring to here was the Rebirth Ceremony. He was explaining to Guts that the godhand will appear. And that Guts must chose to fight, or protect Casca. But he cannot do both. He also prophecised Griffith's return to the real world. At the Ceremony, he fought the god hand formed of dead bodies, then had to fight Mozgus and his group, but Casca was saved as well, by Isidro.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Two problems with that theory:

A) In the third issue of the manga, the God Hand specifically state that Guts has not been ordained by fate to become anything more divine than his current form.
B) Casca has already been branded, and in that same issue the count tries to sacrifice him, but the God Hand tell him it is impossible since he was already branded.  You just can't re-sacrifice someone.

Edit: Then again, there is this mysterious picture
CnC said:
beasto.jpg

The Newest God Hand, The Angry Guy: Beasto!​

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Vaxillus said:
Two problems with that theory:

A) In the third issue of the manga, the God Hand specifically state that Guts has not been ordained by fate to become anything more divine than his current form.
I thought they just said that he could not become one of them.

Vaxillus said:
B) Casca has already been branded, and in that same issue the count tries to sacrifice him, but the God Hand tell him it is impossible since he was already branded. You just can't re-sacrifice someone.
What they were also talking about was that guts could in fact not be sacrificed by the count, since Guts was his enemy, and he hated him. You can only sacrifice those you care for.
EDIT: forgot the also.

Vaxillus

Headless Death said:
I thought they just said that he could not become one of them.
Not sure, could be wrong.

Headless Death said:
What they were also talking about was that guts could in fact not be sacrificed by the count, since Guts was his enemy, and he hated him.  You can only sacrifice those you care for.
EDIT: forgot the also.
They say both. He cannot be sacrificed because of the above reason, as well as the fact that he's already been branded.

Guts took the behelit off someone that had already used it, didnt he? that means that hes not the true owner, sounds fair enough.

And the fact that he is branded should conclude things :)

Vaxillus

-Player- said:
Guts took the behelit off someone that had already used it, didnt he? that means that hes not the true owner, sounds fair enough.

And the fact that he is branded should conclude things :)
There has been a branded apostle before. Of course, he sacrificed himself.

Vaxillus

Rhombaad said:
I think he's referring to the Behelit Apostle.
Correct. As he didn't have anyone else to sacrifice, he sacrificed himself. Then it ate Csaca's/Gut's baby and Griffith popped out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-Player- said:

That doesn't mean anything in particular, really. Beherits are sentient objects and through causality and such they manage to travel and change of "owner" a lot. Who said the Count was the "real" owner? Maybe he wasn't the first one to use it. See what I mean? I remember talking about that in an older thread, my opinion was that beherits didn't really have any definite owner.

Vaxillus said:
As he didn't have anyone else to sacrifice, he sacrificed himself.

That's inexact. Time to quote an old post: 8)

Aazealh said:
He just wished for a better world and sacrificed the world he knew, and it included himself.

The precise line is that he sacrificed "the world around him", if I'm not mistaken. There's a difference with what you said that's more important than what one could think at first (bad translation? I guessed ;)). You should be able to find more information about that in older threads.

hmm that's interesting I always thought each behelit were fated for one person to use. But on the other hand shouldn't they disappear after use? I know the crimson behelit does, but that one is different.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-Player- said:
But on the other hand shouldn't they disappear after use?

Why should they? They don't disappear after use anyway, the ones the Count or Roshinu had were still around.

-Player- said:
I know the crimson behelit does

Does it?

Aazealh said:
Why should they? They don't disappear after use anyway, the ones the Count or Roshinu had were still around.

Does it?

Well I _think_ it does. after all griffith prolly still had it in his hand during the transformation, where did it go afterwards? maybe they get re-used or something...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-Player- said:
after all griffith prolly still had it in his hand during the transformation

Yep, he did.

-Player- said:
where did it go afterwards? maybe they get re-used or something...

We don't know where it went, and yeah, my point was that they get re-used (the Count used his twice, and now Guts carries it). It is most commonly believed that there is only one crimson beherit, and that every God Hand member used the same. ;)

Since the God Hand is now complete, maybe it returned to the Idea of Evil, or maybe it is waiting somewhere for its next user, in case the actual God Hand was destroyed. Who knows.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I also believe Idea has the crimson behelit, considering that Griffith was holding onto it when he and the BotH were drawn into the Nexus, after which Griffith's physical body descended into the Abyss so he could be remade by(and have a long chat with) Idea.

Top Bottom