two questions about Caska

puella

Berserk forever
I've just read 183 chapter again.
I'm curious on that scene Caska sobs at Griffith at the mine.
1) Why do you think she did such a thing?
I think she recognizes Giriffith as her baby, not that remember who Griffith is.

and I've always been wondering if she didn't go insane after the eclipse, what is her reaction like?
Going along with Guts to revenge on Griffith ?
2) Or.... What do you think?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I am not sure that Guts himself will have started his crusade was Caska sane. I mean look a the last part of Griffith resurection: he(Gutts) has that feral glint in his eye (that we all love)then he looks at Caska  and mellows.Don't make me think about it.No I don't think that they would have started such a feud. For them the name of the game is not "save the world" is "survival" and to take a feud with the God hand you have to be desperate to point of madness

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think Casca cried because of a combination of incredible pain and emotional overload at Griffith being so close and so real that she could touch him. I also think she definitely recognized him as Griffith, when she saw him at the rebirth she went totally apeshit, it was a different reaction than the one she usually has to the child. So far, Griffith seems to be the only thing she’s recognized from her life before the Eclipse, interesting.

If Casca hadn’t gone insane I think she’d be much worse off actually, it’s a defense mechanism. It’s not just that she was brutally raped, I think she could have gotten through something like that, but that she was brutally raped by Griffith. He was her father, big brother, and her husband all in one, he was this ideal figure in her life for so long, and then he became a monster, everything was lost. She’s not the only one that went insane to cope either, except she’s actually getting better…

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
I think Casca cried because of a combination of incredible pain and emotional overload at Griffith being so close and so real that she could touch him. I also think she definitely recognized him as Griffith, when she saw him at the rebirth she went totally apeshit, it was a different reaction than the one she usually has to the child.  So far, Griffith seems to be the only thing she’s recognized from her life before the Eclipse, interesting.
I'd also thought like that but then, why can't she recognize Guts
on the contrary of Griffith?
Because Guts takes relatively short-term residence in her mind compared with Griffith? ???

I think there is another clue to make Caska recognize Griffith.
It is "evil strength" which her brand leads to.

roberto999

I think there is another clue to make Caska recognize Griffith.
It is "evil strength" which her brand leads to.
Then she was only reacting at the hurt that the brand inflicted her,she didn't feel anything emotionally and didn't recognise Griffith at all

puella

Berserk forever
Then she was only reacting at the hurt that the brand inflicted her,she didn't feel anything emotionally and didn't recognise Griffith at all
I think everything is mixed up; her old-love for Griffith, her baby, her evil master and so on.
I'd think up if Guts had raped her being Femto, -_-;; could she recognize Guts instead of Griffith?
you know what I mean? what do you think of that?

roberto999

However I don't think that was the real reason(see my precedent post). I think that Caska, in her own way, recognize everyone and remembers more than we suspect.

roberto999

IRe: two questions about Caska

I have reason of my own (that i do not reveal here) to believe that a brain damaged person sometime understand better than "normal" persons. They are in their world and we are not able to understand them that is all. But believe me don't think that the "mindless tree " is less than us

puella

Berserk forever
Re: IRe: two questions about Caska

I have reason of my own (that i do not reveal here) to believe that a brain damaged person sometime understand better than "normal" persons. They are in their world and we are not able to understand them that is all. But believe me don't think that the "mindless tree " is less than us
Oh, good call, roberto.
I think we need some psychological analysis.

roberto999

Oh, good call, roberto.
I think we need some psychological analysis.
For me? I am the sanest person around here err...well better go on: Caska did cry because she reconised both Gutts and Griffits and she hoped, with the tree of them tougheter again, they could again go home (home being for her the golden years)

puella

Berserk forever

For me? I am the sanest person around here err...
that's good.
how can insane people analyze the insane people? ;D

*** you know, roberto, just three of us( exactly two) are talking about this topic. :eek:

However I don't think that was the real reason(see my precedent post). I think that Caska, in her own way, recognize everyone and remembers more than we suspect.

I agree. God only knows what's going on in that little head.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
indeed, relationships between Casca Griffith/Guts had never been mere ; chapter after chapter we see her very disturbed, her two loves have so much changed since the beginning : Gut's departure, Griffith's emprisonnment, Eclipse and all that is happening like Guts's control by his Beast
I think when this trio is together again, her mind is totally collapsed : she reminds some events ... i think the next meeting Guts-Casca-Griffith will make some new shoot in her head
In fact, in your 2) you don't indicate whether or not Casca would have been raped or not... it is major event hearing she had been pregnant... then, if she'd been sane and non-raped, i think she would be insane :)
She couldn't evoluate sanely after this, what happened to Griffith ; could she live with Guts hearing that Griffith/Femto was sending everyday devils to finish the sacrifice-victims ( his ex-lovers )?
But Casca regains his memory just before killing the baron Balzack, that would just says she's progressively sane, or her recent meet with Griffith has made the whole thing progress ... ???

ARHicks00

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Griffith: I won't go as far as saying he was her husband. Griffith was a person Caska invested her trusted & believe in and in being betrayed by being raped by him, Caska, in all she believe & thought, of Griffith, her life and men turn out to be a dark lie, which why she does choose to remember anybody. But she can't help, but to remember Griffith, since he must have a pysche link with her.

Top Bottom