Episode 255

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I really didn't intend everyone to take it so seriously. It's just interesting that this has happened before. Serpico certainly doesn't have such an intrinsic relationship with Guts as Guts did with Griffith.

I'm just kiddin' with you, of course. However, I couldn't resist this golden opportunity...

beasto.jpg

The Newest God Hand, The Angry Guy: Beasto!​

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That's awesome!

If I may make one suggestion though; shouldn't the top of Slan's hair be visible at the very bottom of the picture; judging from Guts expression, it's pretty intense. ;)

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
That's awesome!

If I may make one suggestion though; shouldn't the top of Slan's hair be visible at the very bottom of the picture; judging from Guts expression, it's pretty intense. ;)

Slann's off somewhere being a dirty DIRTY whore!

haha now theres a prime piece of photoshoppage. Beasto makes Void shine with pride.

So yea, here is a quick question. While Guts and Serpico are fighting and Gut's is just destroying the pillars which seem to be supporting something. Im thinking what ever is above it will begin to shake. Thus causing people to come investigate. Just a thought. Is the ball taking place "up stairs" of this little duel?

:eek: maybe thats another part of Serpico's plan. Guts will be downed by a rain of well-dressed aristocrat types.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Seriously, If I were Guts, I'd just smash ten of those pillars and keep a wide area to battle in. Serprico would have to come in unless he want's to open his wide eyes and start a staring contest behind the pillars Guts didn't smash.

SlimJ87D said:
Seriously, If I were Guts, I'd just smash ten of those pillars and keep a wide area to battle in. Serpico would have to come in unless he want's to open his wide eyes and start a staring contest behind the pillars Guts didn't smash.

You would lose the strategic part of the conflict. Serpico's cause is to stop their way, not fight Guts. If you were Guts, Serpico would win by merely letting you wait in your area.
Now, if Guts were to smash all pillars in his way for Serpico, the roof would collapse which is something we have thought some pages ago in the thread allready.

puella

Berserk forever
xechnao said:
Now, if Guts were to smash all pillars in his way for Serpico, the roof would collapse which is something we have thought some pages ago in the thread allready.

What if the whole place is supposed to collapse caused by some big attack, not just "the forest of the pillars"? I don't know why but I can't resist thinking about that possibility.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Since Serpico says there is such a huge number of pillars in this room, I'm not so sure busting up 2, or even 20, will do much when it comes to the actual structure of the monument.

But who know for sure... we'll see.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
yea, you are probably right that taking out even 20 wont be a big deal but if Gut's goes all out and uses the canon... well just the sheer noise would probably attract others, also that creature thing which seems to be following them. Im sure that will stop the little duel that Gut's and Serpico are having. Just excited for the next installment.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
And also when a Pillar breaks and lot of stuff flies towards the way Guts is swinging, so before you know it, Serprico might be busy dodging Gut's sword and the all the crap it leaves behind..

Griffith

SlimJ87D said:
And also when a Pillar breaks and lot of stuff flies towards the way Guts is swinging, so before you know it, Serpico might be busy dodging Gut's sword and the all the crap it leaves behind..

I think even that's to Serpico's advantage; while flying debris would bother him more depending on how big it is, he's still got the advantage of movement. Guts obviously has to be close to the destruction zone, Serpico doesn't. Same thing in any kind of roof/cave-in situation, Guts is the one that's going to be in the center of the action, and more susceptible to the consequences. Anything could happen though, but I'd rather not see this decided by a big rock falling on someone's head. =)

And hopefully, Guts won't get dust in his eye. ;) (<-look, one eye, like Guts, LOL@!)

CnC

Ad Oculos
I really don't think this fight's going to finish. Picking a fight with a dude at the beginning of a Kushan invasion doesn't invite any finality...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I don't think there will be a cave in around Guts ears. These are ornamental pillars, not supporting ones (that would be much stronger). It true however that after Guts strikes one of them he has to ready again Dragonslayer to strike again. A very fast opponent could take advantage of that.

D

darkbane

Interesting that Guts elected not to tell Serpico that though.

They want to fight. ;D

Also, Guts doesn't really know about the invasion. Doesn't seem like Shierke told him about the vision, and just the mist and the animal don't add up to an invasion - we know there's gonna be one, but Guts and co probably don't.

Griffith

darkbane said:
Also, Guts doesn't really know about the invasion. Doesn't seem like Schierke told him about the vision, and just the mist and the animal don't add up to an invasion - we know there's gonna be one, but Guts and co probably don't.

Really? ???

=)

I'm not implying Guts or anyone knows exactly what's happening or the magnitude, but that's irrelevant to the point that it's obvious something is, and Guts has already recognized that.

Speaking of which, Schierke is supposedly smart, so I think she must have some kind of mental disorder concerning that vision. Assburger's Disease? ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Maybe Guts suspects that something is about to happen but he cannot rely on that to stop the fight in time. When the Kushan attack will begin he and Serpico could already be playing a harp on a cloud :p

Griffith

roberto999 said:
Maybe Guts suspects that something is about to happen but he cannot rely on that to stop the fight in time. When the Kushan attack will begin he and Serpico could already be playing a harp on a cloud  :p

He said plenty before they actually started swinging, and none of it was, "Hey, by the way, that mist from the beach is filling the city and we just saw a monster kill the guards, ignore us, and make it's way through the courtyard."

While it may not have changed Serpico's mind, it certainly would be information he'd have to consider, concerning Farnese's safety, before continuing. He thinks he's in control, but he's challenging Guts under different circumstances than he knows, and it puts him at a distinct disadvantage once the fog starts rolling in. You could say it's Guts own little payback for what Serpico's doing.

But frankly, I think the reason Guts didn't tell him is as simple as Guts regards Serpico as just another enemy at this point; just an obstacle, or...

Just another victim! ;D

-Griff

P.S. I'm I the only one that keeps getting "Schierke interference vibes?" Personally, I hope she stays out of the way and doesn't to spoil the carnage, but so far she's done a good job, a little too good, keeping her mouth shut, and maybe that's why I'm looking out for a change. Ah, Miura.

roberto999 said:
Maybe Guts suspects that something is about to happen but he cannot rely on that to stop the fight in time. When the Kushan attack will begin he and Serpico could already be playing a harp on a cloud :p

more like an accordian on a burning rock :eek: (or whatever it is you get to play when you go to hell)

I'm not really thinking Guts would be seeing Serpico as 'just another enemy' now... I think that when Guts tells the others, "He must have thought this through, Don't move till we're done," hes assuming that Serpico wouldn't be turning around from his previous 'lets be friends' stance back to 'lets have a duel to the death' without some good reason. Probably has something to do with the Farnese situation.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I Anything could happen though, but I'd rather not see this decided by a big rock falling on someone's head. =)

lol, now i got a strange desire to see it end like that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
But frankly, I think the reason Guts didn't tell him is as simple as Guts regards Serpico as just another enemy at this point; just an obstacle, or...

A pebble in his path. ;D

I'm I the only one that keeps getting "Schierke interference vibes?"

Nope, I've being thinking about that, too. Still can't think of anything that would make a scenario more credible than the others.

Top Bottom