E3 2K5

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
It's getting near that time again. Figured I'd start a new thread, even though we already have one going on about video games, since I thought it might interupt the other one. Hope nobody minds.

Anyway, some stuff to look for (or at least that I'm excited about):

The next generation of systems (duh)

Phantasy Star Universe
I'm kind of an addict of the first online series, but this one looks much better. The graphics are also pretty damn good for a PS2 game, let alone one that's online. a trailer with gameplay (IGN)

Drakengard 2
I know, the original wasn't so great, but this one seems like it'll be much better. The five minute trailer:
http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/dod2/dod2_movie04l.wmv

Not much else so far. Any reactions?

I'm looking forward to a lot.  Off the top of my head:

-New FF7AC trailer
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Soul Calibur 3
-Legend of Zelda
-Mario 128
-Castlevania Curse of Darkness
-Onimusha 4
-Ninja Gaiden Black

That's just off the top of my head.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Void Swordsman said:
I'm looking forward to seeing stuff about Final Fantasy 12.

I'm not! Fucking Enix!

And anyways, I am glad I've never been to an E3 convention before. All its about is...
fatchicks.jpg

BOOTH BABES

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Bump...sorta.

Anyway, the new PS3 was unvieled, and unsurprizingly it hits the Xbox 360 with a hammer the size of a small house. It's just amazing, the graphics look almost exactly like the CG cutscenes previously found in movies. Don't believe me?
928377_20050516_screen002.jpg

Those are in game graphics.

Not only that, but it can utilize up to 7 controllers at once, and can hook up to two TV's at the same time, for some Double Screen action. Better yet, Dante will be making an early appearance, perhaps even at launch. Release is a year away though. I hope we don't run into a shortage in supply like for the PS2, that would suck.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  Although, those images are all DVD enhanced quality... the PS3 looks indeed amazing.  Here's a teaser

Now for the bad news... Sony will launch a remake of FF7 for PS3. 

BiQ_

" ... "
They changed the PS controller! NOOOO....

OK, maybe it works as good as the DualShock 2, which is about the best pad controller I have ever used anywhere... We'll see.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
They seem to be trying really hard to make the PS3 look like a bread maker.

That controller is awful. It has a twisted D-pad. Ugh. Lets hope it's backwards compatible.

PS3 will be backwards compatible and there won't be an FF7 remake. It was just a tech demo. Square was showing off the PS3s power. They did the same thing with PS2 except they used a scene from FF8.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Yea and incase some of you are wondering what the ugly ass controller is... here is a pic!

Edited: I got told =X

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Yea and incase some of you are wondering what the ugly ass controller is... here is a pic!

Several pictures of it were already posted in the thread.

The specs for the PS3 are amazing. The PS3 boasts of thirty-two times the power of the PS2 and twice the power of the newly unveiled XBOX 360. These weren't sketchy boasts either. The specs back it up. Here is a link:
http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/05/17/ps3/index.php

This honestly flies over my already high expectations. The XBOX is supposed to be like a media center. My question is if you want a media center why not buy a computer? This won't stop the fanboys though.

Some cool games have had some great trailers at E3 this year: Kill Zone 2, Devil May Cry 4, GTA (I personally don't like the series): San Andreas for XBOX, Half-life 2, Tekken 6 and many more.

Revolution has been revealed and is the "smallest console to date" quoting GTtv. It will be the first Nintendo console to be backwards compatible with the past Nintendo games (now they get it) and will have some sort of feature that allows you to download every nintendo game "ever made" once again quoting GTtv. It looks great and revealed a sneak peek at the Zelda game comming out but... The graphics still don't look as awesome or breathtaking as the Sony or Microsoft systems.

The XBOX 360 also allows for backwards compatibility and has wireless controlers but this time boasts 7 as opposed to the PS3's 4. The PS3 will also be wireless and will not only be backwards compatible for PS2 but also PSX games. Check out Gametrailers.com for up to date video.

The zenith of gaming has been reached.

Top Bottom