Sammy has gone out of it's mind.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
http://www.sammy.co.jp/japanese/product/pachislot/popeye/popeye_op.swf

Watch this and you will understand.

Plus what is up with the Sammystudios.com being renamed to Moonbeam Studios or some such BS?

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Hey man, the only thing I think sucks is Popeye's Japanese voice. It proves dubbing doesn't work in any language. =)

Popeye rules, BTW.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Sammy Studios, now High Moon Studios, is no longer affiliated with Sammy. Sammy now publishes its games through SEGA, as the two companies merged or something. In other words, Sammy Studios was eaten by SEGA, and the leftovers (the game Darkwatch that's currently under construction) were bought by some rich guy, who changed the name to High Moon Studios, since they have nothing to do with Sammy anymore.

do not know much about popeye...

what the hell is that on the left

top_09.jpg

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wah wah wah said:
Hopefully SEGA see's fit to make a new Guilty Gear or two for some next-gen consoles.
Since they're designed by Arc systems or something, they'll keep getting made.  Sammy only published them.

Psymont 2.0 said:
do not know much about popeye...

what the hell is that on the left

top_09.jpg
I don't know, but its nose looks like a dildo.

Edit: mispelled 'Arc'

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Vaxillus said:
Since they're designed by Ard systems or something, they'll keep getting made.  Sammy only published them.
I don't know, but its nose looks like a dildo.

ITS THE TEDDY BEAR APOSTLE!!! WATCH OUT FOR YOUR ASS, CASCA!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
You know, you're not that far off it seems, it can cross dimensions (I can't believe I looked for this :-X). Its name apparently is Eugene the Jeep.

"1. Said to be able to cross into the fourth dimension
2. Ability to solve complex problems for Popeye and Olive Oyl
3. Could walk through walls and walk on ceilings
4. Limited form of teleportation since he could disappear and reappear in other places."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_the_Jeep

It looks like the Schnoz's annoying cousin or something.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
kimchan said:
You know, you're not that far off it seems, it can cross dimensions (I can't believe I looked for this  :-X).  Its name apparently is Eugene the Jeep. 

"1. Said to be able to cross into the fourth dimension
2. Ability to solve complex problems for Popeye and Olive Oyl
3. Could walk through walls and walk on ceilings
4. Limited form of teleportation since he could disappear and reappear in other places."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_the_Jeep

It looks like the Schnoz's annoying cousin or something.

Thats is kind of scary. Why is he called a Jeep? Does his apostle form have a cock the size of a Grand Cherokee? It would put Wyald to shame!!!

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Actually, the ubiquitous military transport was named for the Popeye character, and not the other way around (the critter has been around since about 1940.) 'Popeye' also popularized the word goon, and carried on the notion that sailors on leave will screw just about anything.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Herald of Yama said:
Actually, the  ubiquitous military transport was named for the Popeye character, and not the other way around (the critter has been around since about 1940.) 'Popeye' also popularized the word goon, and carried on the notion that sailors on leave will screw just about anything.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Olive Oil with my ten foot pole.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Who would you rather have have break through your window in the middle of the night, pull down your blankets, start sweating and mount you while methodically moving up and down; The Jeep, or Bluto?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Neither. And thank you for that mental image. On a thread-related note, I was not aware that Popeye was making a comeback. Or is this Sammy's bizarre attempt to revitalize the character(those anti-Japanese Popeye propaganda cartoons are still playing in my head. :eek:)

Top Bottom