Fan Made Lightsaber duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sweet as hell. It's better than any lightsaber duel in any of the star wars movies thus far.

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/fxprojects/artofthesaber/index.asp

Click on finished project.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
This is sweet as hell.  It's better than any lightsaber duel in any of the star wars movies thus far.

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/fxprojects/artofthesaber/index.asp

Click on finished project.

Awesome, but not better than Empire as far Lightsaber duels go. ;)

The swordplay was fantastic (if not a little too fantastical), but I'm afraid the "conflict" and his GF and baby from East L.A. didn't quite garner the emotional involvment from me that they intended. Maybe in The Art of the Kung Fu Star Matrix Dance Revolution Wars II! =)

Really awesome display though.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  For starters...what a bunch of Ho's HAHAHAHAHA!!!   ...     sorry... I couldn't help myself there.
Griffith took the words out of my mouth, so I'm just gonna do this as a bonus:

KKKKYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Nomad said:
  For starters...what a bunch of Ho's HAHAHAHAHA!!!   ...     sorry... I couldn't help myself there.
Actually, it's funny you mention that, since I had a kid with that last name in my math class. On the first day of school, the teacher was taking role, and she came to his name. She had had another student with that name a previous year, and asked him about it. After that she said, "Wow, I have a whole lot of ho's." The whole class started laughing, and she had no clue what was going on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
This is sweet as hell.  It's better than any lightsaber duel in any of the star wars movies thus far.

Well, it's good, but the fast forward motion didn't really do it for me... I also liked Ray Park a lot as Darth Maul, I sure wish they had kept him alive a little longer. And I'm with Griff about the family picture, not sure what it has to do with anything.

Anyway, good stuff.

Pretty cool. I liked it overall. If they had better camera work, this would have been much better. The narration was obviously the worst part, alas.

The picture was obv. for the director/actor to suck up to his wife and include her in the film. The duel itself was fun to watch and for a couple of guys foolin around it was worth downloadin. I wonder what program they use to add the glow of the light saber. ???

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Proj2501 said:
I wonder what program they use to add the glow of the light saber. ???
Don't know the program, but what the actual FX people do is simply add the glow onto a wire sticking out of the light saber handle (a rather thick wire, I suppose).

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
I don't know, I can't really look at a random fight and call it "better than the other star wars fights" considering I think it's the emotional buildup and reasoning behind the fight that make it good. But I will say that the effects were pretty impressive...

And maybe Ray Park will return to do stunts as random Jedi getting slaughtered in Revenge of the Sith?

Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
I guess I should have used the phrase, "more intense."

If it makes you feel better, I would have disagreed with that even more. ;D

Griffith

Denial said:
How about more AZN FANBOI? Surely you can't disagree with that!

Of course not, it's the subplot that makes the movie. Look what undying love and support buys you, parents.

Conditional love and support gets results.

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
I guess I should have used the phrase, "more intense."
Well, I would probably say that alot of the lightsaber battles in the original three were more intense due to not only the emotion behind them, but the sort of slow sizing your enemy up before the flurry of blows.

Wheras in this they are rocketing all over the place in fast forward like wolverines on crack. It's just totally different, this is what you would expect from the Matrix; where everything is really fast as well as well coreographed with that sort of martial arts feel. It may just be your personal prefrence, definately a change from the old though.

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
Well it's official.  The Anakin vs Obi Wan duel owns all.  Episode 3 rocks.
Agreed, not only did that duel have an epic setting and epic music; but it was fast and furious in addition to having all that emotion(most from anny).

Though I didn't really like the finish that much.

Yeah I think it could have ended better. Though it made Obiwan look insanely skilled. And I couldn't agree more on the music. I gotta go see that movie again.

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
Yeah I think it could have ended better.  Though it made Obiwan look insanely skilled.  And I couldn't agree more on the music.  I gotta go see that movie again.
I think it was moreso trying to show how arrogant and how bloated Anakin's ego had become that he would think he could attempt such a maneuver and pull it off.

But yeah, I think I definately need to go for another watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom