Gatts eye?

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
;) This may sound stupid but I.ve got some questions or specs about Gatts eye his blind one:

1. Was his eye pulled out by the claw at the sacrifice

2. Was it took out by Godo when he was taken there for treatment

3. Is it still in if so what is the status on it

4. If the status is ok then why can't puck heal it only if the puncture wasn't that severe highly theorectical because we did see all that blood pop out

give me some of your input guys or girls

i believe his eye was very severely damaged and every now and then seems to bleed on occasion(anyone else notice this?). all that other stuff, about if Godo took it out or if it was pulled out, i have no idea...

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Not to mention the eye was all fuculated long before Guts met Pakk. Besides, he wouldn't look as badass when he grits his teeth if the eye got better ^_-;

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I generally think whatever situation it is, it's too late for Muira to make Puck fix his eye now, or else the story will get simply tacky.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'd imagine not too much was done in terms of treatment of the eye (the best medicine that godo's house had was fairy dust and bandages)

Its probably still somewhat there, just totally unusable :)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
well however,
after having watched the anime episode 25, you do not really think about wether Gattsu will be able to see with his right eye again at.
at least i was thinking about other things...

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Shoot, I think Miura took it easy on Gut's image. I mean come on, his eye was clawed by a gruesome monster. Don't ya think it should look way worse than it does now. Like he should have a big gory scar or gash across that area of the eye. Although a bit cliché, that would make him look even more badass in my opinion. As it is now, it just looks like the eye is resting comfortably.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
i think an eye patch would make him even more bad ass... ;)

NO WAY!! :eek:

We have already seen what he would look with an eye patch. This 'prototype' chapter is found in a early volume(either 1, 2 or 3).

Frankly though, he'd look too gay >:(

That's my opinion anyway...

The prototype is in volume 14. I don't he looks cool with an eyepach or a scar I think having his eye closed makes him look more bad ass especially when he is drawn in the shadows.

I don`t think his eye was pulled out because you don`t actually see that happening. And as we all know about Miura, he loves to show that kind of shit. I would hazard to say that it was just pierced by the demon`s talon. Although that`s still pretty fucking scary.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
I don't know whether the eye is still in Gutts's head or not, but the whole incident reminds me of Odin's sacrifice of his right eye for wisdom. Gutts's newfound wisdom is centered around Griffith's ambitions and Gutts's relation to the world around him. Gorilla Gits makes another astute observation as well--the whole thing is pretty frightening.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know whether the eye is still in Gutts's head or not, but the whole incident reminds me of Odin's sacrifice of his right eye for wisdom. Gutts's newfound wisdom is centered around Griffith's ambitions and Gutts's relation to the world around him. Gorilla Gits makes another astute observation as well--the whole thing is pretty frightening.
Sounds pretty coincidental to me...Guts didnt sacrifice his eye willingly in order to gain anything.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Well, it just reminded me of it. There is a history of mythical figures that lose their temporal vision and gain deeper knowledge. Tiresias is another example. I chose Odin because he, like Gutts, lost his right eye. Gutts may not have willingly chose to lose his arm and his eye, but Zodd did tell him what would happen if kept company with Griffith. During the Eclipse, Gutts loses his naivety along with his eye, and I think there is significance to the specific damage done to Gutts's body.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
The prototype with Guts and his eye patch is pretty bland for me. The way he's drawn and acts Guts should be called Guts the stampede because I get that Trigun thing from him. Guts looks fine with out it. If anything Berserk made me think eyepatches are stupid.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If anything Berserk made me think eyepatches are stupid.
I can’t imagine why.

adon.jpg

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
I can’t imagine why.
Adon looks so cute wearing eyepatch.
How could anyone except him look so cute like that with eyepatch !

and do you ever get to think Guts' right eye winks sometimes because of no eyepatch?

it's time to run. =3 =3 =3

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Adon looks so cute wearing eyepatch.
How could anyone except him look so cute like that with eyepatch !

and do you ever get to think Guts' right eye winks sometimes because of no eyepatch?

it's time to run. =3 =3 =3

Adon's cute ... maybe for you; hard to say though
I haven't seen Guts as a winking one, maybe i was wrong all the way ,

And... professor ape, comparisons with Guts and mythologican heroes/gods for one or 2 ressemblances are interessant, but it begins to bore me : you know Guts is like Gofannon, because he's a warrior and both of them killed a young boy ( Guts killed Adonis and Gofannon killed Dylan Eil Ton ...)^^

Ckrisz

Brooklyn Representah
With regards to the symbolism of the lost eye ... I'm betting that losing the eye is symbolic of losing the "whole" Guts that existed just prior to the Eclipse, the one who had a future with Caska and a chance at a fully human life. Once he loses the eye, he is "blinded" to the possibilities of that life and just turns progressively more savage and dark. He's slowly losing his humanity. I'm betting that the eye will be healed once Guts is "healed" of the horror and trauma of the Eclipse.

Top Bottom