Void's Solioquies

You know how Void always muses over things at the end of every episode, during the next-episode-preview? I decided to go to the bother of transcribing every single word of every single preview dialogue, because it interested me so much. It's not what the subtitles say though, it's what Void's english voice actor says.. and they do differ a bit from each other, mainly in how words are put.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyplace on Skullnight or any Berserk place that would be interested in having all of Void's musings posted somewhere, maybe in a certain section?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Transducer said:
You know how Void always muses over things at the end of every episode, during the next-episode-preview? I decided to go to the bother of transcribing every single word of every single preview dialogue, because it interested me so much. It's not what the subtitles say though, it's what Void's english voice actor says.. and they do differ a bit from each other, mainly in how words are put.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyplace on Skullnight or any Berserk place that would be interested in having all of Void's musings posted somewhere, maybe in a certain section?
It's not really Void, you know ^_^; And those sections are pretty embarassing, to me.

voidON.gif
: "The sorrow in one's memory, the sorrow JUST BEYOND one's memory... Which is more heartbreaking?"

Yeah, no thanks.

LOL, I love that Void icon!

How do you know it's not really Void saying that stuff though? Did the English cast just decide it would be 'appropriate' for him to say it?

I admit some of it is pretty odd and silly, but s'not *all* that bad.. is it? =(

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sounds like the same voice actor for the Japanese cast, too. I could be wrong though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Sounds like the same voice actor for the Japanese cast, too. I could be wrong though.

Yes, it's also Void's voice actor in the Japanese version. He's just being the announcer basically, a cool and solemn voice commenting on each episode's events, but I don't believe it to be the Void character itself, it wouldn't really make sense.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No, no Aazealh. They're right. It's Void. Void, living in the Nexus, has access to the anime episode preview world, where he constantly makes commentary. The other God Hand don't seem interested in it, but VOID, he LOVES this kind of shit.

lol thats hilarious Walter! ;D

but personally i think it sounds resonable that its Void that speaks, he stands a bit higher than others so he must speak in riddles... well whatever... ^_^'

Void's voice actor sounds a bit different from the Japanese version, as far as I recall.. but are you saying the same guy played as Void in both languages, or that it's the Void voice speaking during the previews?

If the former, then that guy's pretty talented. If the latter, wouldn't that make it more likely that it is the character of Void speaking in previews?

Void isn't watching previews, of course.. I imagine it to be that he's just aware of all the events going on in his appointed brother's life, and.. well.. muses over them. That seems to be something alot of stoic passive wise ancient guys do: be aware of everything happening, and then talk about it in an obscure, cryptic way, with many hypothetical questions tossed in for good measure.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
It could just be that they thought the guy doing Void's voice sounded really good as an announcer too. It doesn't really make much sense for Void himself to be saying that stuff, it's just commentary outside the show (unless you're going for the scenario where Void watches the anime). It's probably just that Void's voice actor had the right sound for the job.

I don't really remember any earth shattering statements in those spots anyway really. Just a lot of cryptic stuff where the writers were apparently trying to sound philosophical and "deep."

Personally, I always liked those tidbits during the previews. Normally, I just stop watching a show when the episode ends, but for berserk-- not only did I like the end song, but I enjoyed the previews too. Sometimes they stretched a bit far, but frequently I thought they were interesting. So Transducer, do not fear!! :) You're not the only one that found them interesting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Transducer said:
I imagine it to be that he's just aware of all the events going on in his appointed brother's life, and.. well.. muses over them. That seems to be something alot of stoic passive wise ancient guys do: be aware of everything happening, and then talk about it in an obscure, cryptic way, with many hypothetical questions tossed in for good measure.
Well, you're free to believe whatever you want ::)

If you don't take my POV, you will learn the error of your ways..

when the God Hand comes lurking in the night to get you..

babbling preview statements as they tear you to shreds.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Transducer said:
are you saying the same guy played as Void in both languages, or that it's the Void voice speaking during the previews?

It's the Void voice actor speaking in the Japanese previews, obviously.

Transducer said:
wouldn't that make it more likely that it is the character of Void speaking in previews?

No?

Yeah.. that question about it being the same actor was kinda stupid actually...

And I guess we'll never really know for sure whether it was meant to be Void saying those things or if both voice actors simply made 'cool, mysterious' announcers.. unless there's some kind of official statement about that, or someone has evidence beyond their opinion.

And it probably doesn't matter that much anyway, heh.

Hmm, I should try using that quoting system in my replies..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Transducer said:
I guess we'll never really know for sure whether it was meant to be Void saying those things or if both voice actors simply made 'cool, mysterious' announcers.. unless there's some kind of official statement about that, or someone has evidence beyond their opinion.

Well, my typical final reply is: "it's not in the manga, therefore it didn't happen."

Transducer said:
And it probably doesn't matter that much anyway, heh.

Indeed not.

Transducer said:
Hmm, I should try using that quoting system in my replies..

Yeah, it's cool, I overuse it myself.

Top Bottom