Berserk Tattoo

l_396c25a439e765e9a6febe8bb9c1ed04.jpg

I love it...

It doesn't look symmetrical right there because the skin on my neck is kinda stretching it in this picture, but it is perfect and I love it so much.

A

avidwriter

I had ( I assume ) a really good idea for a tattoo. I think I'd be the first person to get such a tattoo so far as I've seen. However I don't know if its that great of an idea and if I mention it someone might go and steal the idea. Hehe. I'll just say it's not the brand. That's a good idea but its overdone and well it'd be harder to explain then what I have in mind. I'd be getting something probably on my arm and it would be Berserk related of course but not the title or the brand.

You know what....screw it. The idea was to get the DS on my arm about maybe 6 inchs? Not too big not too small. Eh?

LOL sure, tattoo a giant phallic symbol on your arm. Hey, it's a cool idea, but you don't want to get stuck with something that'll backfire like that.
I do love the skull one, you really can't go wrong. It's an amazing design and even if it had nothing to do with Berserk it's still awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mega_devastation said:

Nice, though a little too simplified for my tastes (not that the original could be perfectly reproduced of course). It also looks a bit disproportioned in the picture, I hope it's just the angle.

Sal said:
LOL sure, tattoo a giant phallic symbol on your arm.

With this kind of logic, what in the world isn't a phallic symbol or the representation of a vagina to some extent? It's just a big sword, and I doubt he'll get shit for it assuming people won't mind tattoos in the first place.

I big tattoo of Caksa's tits wouldn't be phallic. And in no way is the skull phallic.
I'm just pointing out how it could backfire, doesn't mean he shouldn't do it. I mean getting a tattoo at all is bad enough, I'm not going to try to talk him out of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sal said:
I big tattoo of Caksa's tits wouldn't be phallic. And in no way is the skull phallic.

I take it you mean "Casca". Anyway, squint your eyes and you'll see a vulva or too in the skull tattoo (those eyes look suspicious, just like Sauron's!). Really, when going down that road the only limit is the extent to which people want to find such symbolism in things. Then any oblong object is a phallus and any slit a vulva.

A

avidwriter

Yea if its not your car or your house etc etc. It was just a thought. I'd been wanting to get a tattoo for years now but I could never figure out what and then Berserk exploded into my life so I thought that would work. However I'm probably too much of a puss to get one.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
avidwriter said:
Yea if its not your car or your house etc etc. It was just a thought. I'd been wanting to get a tattoo for years now but I could never figure out what and then Berserk exploded into my life so I thought that would work. However I'm probably too much of a puss to get one.

I honestly love the idea of using the Dragonslayer. A few years back I remember flirting with the idea of getting the Dragonslayer on my forearm, as big as my forearm would let me. But the idea manifested into a very dramatic sleeve. But Berserk has to reserved of an attitude to have something screaming at you from across the room, like a sleeve obviously would. So I had to pitch that thought. But I give you a thumbs up for the idea. That would be brutal to see. But just remember that most of the time, tattoos on the arms turn into sleeves.. and question if you want the Dragonslayer being the main course. But standing alone I think it would look goddamn amazing.

Me first post, whoot!

Godred said:
Me first post, whoot!

Welcome to the forums.

Godred said:
I honestly love the idea of using the Dragonslayer. A few years back I remember flirting with the idea of getting the Dragonslayer on my forearm, as big as my forearm would let me. But the idea manifested into a very dramatic sleeve. But Berserk has to reserved of an attitude to have something screaming at you from across the room, like a sleeve obviously would. So I had to pitch that thought. But I give you a thumbs up for the idea. That would be brutal to see. But just remember that most of the time, tattoos on the arms turn into sleeves.. and question if you want the Dragonslayer being the main course. But standing alone I think it would look goddamn amazing.

Personally, I like the idea of Zodd doing his "RARGHH" pose, with both horns still attached, arms bent and slightly lifted up.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSKMqKHQrh8
Pause at 1:40.. kinda like that. but so you can see his face.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
What other Berserk icons/symbols would make good tattoos in you guys' opinion? I really like everyone's brand tattoo, but that seems like such an obvious tattoo given its prominence in the series, so I'm opting for something different like the skullknight tatt posted some posts up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
What other Berserk icons/symbols would make good tattoos in you guys' opinion?

There are plenty. The Band of the Hawk's standard, for example. Or the Holy See's hawk symbol. The symbols Schierke uses could work too, although they're usually not specific to Berserk. There's the Tapasa's symbols too, and everything from the Kushans.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Black_Devil said:
What other Berserk icons/symbols would make good tattoos in you guys' opinion? I really like everyone's brand tattoo, but that seems like such an obvious tattoo given its prominence in the series, so I'm opting for something different like the skullknight tatt posted some posts up.

I would point towards a tattoo of the the Beherit . Not so much when its red though, over time it would just look like you had something wrong with your skin. hell there is a lot. I mean, a tattered warbanner of the hawk's would be great. A silhouette of Griffith's helmet. Even though he's kinda goofy, Puck would make a very good tattoo. He might be the best character in Berserk to get a good tattoo of. Union head of puck maybe?

Ciepher

Nezumi Musume
Heheh, thank you Aazealh! At least it should save some red pen if I cosplay...

Black_Devil, Mozgus's religious symbol-thing, and Griffith/Femto hatching from a Beherit have always seemed quite iconic images of the series for me.

Nice brand Ciepher....I posed a question if everyone could show their brands in a different board but it seems no one responded. May I ask again to see everyone's brand? I would love to see how everyone incorporated it into a tattoo.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. :)

I'd been thinking about getting a brand tattoo on my neck a few years back but in the end I opted out and got a one piece tattoo on my arm instead - easier to conceal from my parents lol. I could post a pic later if you guys wanna see it.

Anyhoo, it's been 2 years since and I reckon it's time to do my back with something a bit special. So I found this pic on my laptop, of something I think miura drew, which incorporates a lot of the berserk imagery.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/Tokioka/berserktattoodsg.jpg

I bet most of you guys have already seen it, but what I'm asking for is a clean version (black & white) without any of the text, etc that obscures the background symbol. I could only find this one from a wallpaper and another one which has some kind of grainy texture behind it, making the details difficult to distinguish.
(EDIT: The profile pic on the left is what I meant by the grainy version xD)

If anyone could help me out I'd be really grateful. Thanks. ^^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Raijyu, welcome to SK.net! :serpico:

Raijyu said:
I bet most of you guys have already seen it, but what I'm asking for is a clean version (black & white) without any of the text, etc that obscures the background symbol.

No such version has been published unfortunately.

Top Bottom