Berserk Tattoo

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Deci said:
That's hot, is it your first tattoo?
Yep, it's my very first tattoo.

For the longest time, I thought I'd never get one in my life, just because I couldn't think of anything I wanted etched on my body forever.

How I went about actually getting it is kinda funny. I wanted to go get my ears re-pierced, so I headed towards the tattoo place in town. Halfway there, I thought, "Dude, Berserk." I turned my car around, went home, broke my mom's and dad's heart letting 'em know their 25 year old li'l baby boy's getting a tattoo. I rummaged through all my Berserk books, fan art, fan colors, various Miura drawings, and it came down to Book 27's cover. I rushed back to the tattoo place and was like, "I WANT THIS TATTOOED HERE." Luckily, a dude was able to start right then at that moment. I popped a few of my "chill pills" (anxiety medication) so I wouldn't freak out and get jittery. (I have a thing about sitting still for extended periods of time; the session was three hours; I'm not a druggie; my medication is prescribed.)

Also, I accidentally got tatted up on an empty stomach. Nothing weird happened or anything, but yeah, the guy was very VERY serious about eating beforehand. I told him I did, just because I wanted it done then and there.

As for the pain, the first prick of the needle machine dealy was a big shock, and I thought, "OWIE." After a few seconds, it was more annoying, if anything. But then, after about two hours, it became nearly unbearable. Mostly because he was etching over places he already etched. At least I think.

I'm proud to have Guts on my arm forever. I'm also proud that I handled getting a tattoo way better than my ex-girlfriend. Tee hee.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Gobolatula said:
I'm also proud that I handled getting a tattoo way better than my ex-girlfriend. Tee hee.
I guess she just doesn't have the guts that you do. :rakshas:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok guys I'm getting my brand tattoo tomorrow right where Guts has it! Any suggestions, and tips or ideas?

Oburi said:
Ok guys I'm getting my brand tattoo tomorrow right where Guts has it! Any suggestions, and tips or ideas?

Yes I have some suggestions. Really get it right. I made the mistake of getting the tattoo when I first started watching the anime and reading the manga. I got the brand perfect except it's too big and not in the right spot. I have it on the side of my neck as opposed to the back right part of the neck.

I remember debating what I should do for color. I was discussing with the guy what the brand was and how it bleeds from time to time and he suggested perhaps making it flesh color and appear like an ACTUAL brand and having it bleed just a little to a drop at the bottom. I opted for an all black brand since the latter would have cost me a bit of money and I was limited in funds.

So in short, get it right. Bring your manga or print out the brand as it appears on Guts. Think hard what you want for color choice if any at all depending on your budget.

ALSO IMPORTANT! Go to a reputable tattoo shop!!! I can't stress this enough. I didn't know jack about where to go since the brand is the first and only tattoo I have. I ended up going to this place suggested by a friend and it ended up being a crappy experience. I went with my gf at the time and the entire time the artist was hitting on her and when he tattooed the brand on me he really dug into the side of my neck and gave me a sort of attitude since I was stressing how I wanted it to be exact. Example he had to resize the tracing on my neck a few times before I thought it was exact.

I wish I held off until now to get it. But it was a spur of the moment thing. It looks good at a glance to ppl not a fan of Berserk. But me I see the flaw everyday I look at it. It's not terribly bad but it just bothers me that it's not EXACT. I'm even thinking of going so far as to get it removed and tattooed correctly over again. I know sounds stupid but....just...get it exact man that's the advice I can give ya good luck! :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
thanks man. I will be bringing the manga to get it in the exact right location and i will be going with black for the color. I'm still a little unsure about the how bold it should be. I'm leaning towards keeping it skinny.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok all done. I'll post a picture later when I can but i can say for now that it came out perfect. It was very simple. I was litterally in and out in 8 minutes. Fast, cheap and painless. Can't wait to post a pic later and get your guys reaction!

edit- alright heres a pic

berserktattoo.jpg

Thats cool, right?

okay I'm not trying to be a dick here but I'm giving you my honest thoughts on it.

I don't know if it's how you wanted it to be but first off, it's too big. That's about the same size I got my brand. There's a good shot of it in volume 13 of it being smaller. Take a look:

berserkv13.jpg

As for placement it's right on so good work on that.

The only other thing I'd say is if you'd like later on go back and redo the tattoo. Touch it up with some shading to make it look like the brand. And if you're feeling bold add some blood there. I wish I had this image available when I got the tattoo because I would have gone by that.

But overall nice work getting it! Welcome to the Berserk for life club! :guts:

ZeroEO

Barguts
I just wanted to chime in because I'm new...

I have a tattoo but it's on my should blade, I used this picture as the source.

Berserk%20Tattoo%20Source.JPG

and this is the tattoo.

Berserk%20Tattoo.JPG

I got mine done it Ottawa, Canada, cost about $80. A little over priced but worth it in the end.

S

Saintly pants

You guys are devoted! But arent you afraid that the brand will provoke a pack of rabid dogs to chew your leg off? Or that you will cut yourself on a knife that turns out to be infected with a rare bactheria that eats your brain? :void:

ZeroEO said:
I just wanted to chime in because I'm new...

I have a tattoo but it's on my should blade, I used this picture as the source.

I got mine done it Ottawa, Canada, cost about $80. A little over priced but worth it in the end.

Only $80...lucky you...I paid $150!! Which is crazy and after it healed it looks like crap and now I have to go some place else and pay again to have it fixed!

G

GASKA

I'll get that tattoo someday. I'm glad I read this thread so I know what and what not to do... So far I got the King of Hearts crest on my fist (from G Gundam)

http://picasaweb.google.com/DavidGASKA/UntitledAlbum#5436430916538230706

:beast: SHINING FINGER!! :beast:

Actually if anyone has any cool pics of the members of the God Hand I would love to have them. I'm working on designing a full back piece tattoo completely dedicated to Berserk and I'm having a hard time finding some good pictures.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mire_Elf said:
Actually if anyone has any cool pics of the members of the God Hand I would love to have them. I'm working on designing a full back piece tattoo completely dedicated to Berserk and I'm having a hard time finding some good pictures.

How about this one?

GodHand.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mire_Elf said:
Yeah exactly...I can save the entire page but can't figure out how to save just the picture. I fail...

You can't be serious... Send me a PM and we'll sort it out, this is off-topic.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Try click-holding on the image on dragging it to your desktop. That should work.

A full back tattoo would be incredibly cool, and you'd get the hardcore berserk fan award of the month. :D The picture Aaz posted is such a cool shot...Slan looks especially ominous.

I'll probably start having work done for a full back piece tattoo come spring. Some recent Berserk purchases left me somewhat poor but I think I have all of the reference pictures I need for it now.

EDIT: Actually now that I think of it, do you guys think the back piece tattoo should be in colour, or black and white like the manga? I would like to hear some thoughts or opinions on that. I've been undecided about it for a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mire_Elf said:
Actually now that I think of it, do you guys think the back piece tattoo should be in colour, or black and white like the manga? I would like to hear some thoughts or opinions on that. I've been undecided about it for a while.

I would say black and white. Black ink holds the best over time, and the illustration you will base your tattoo on was created in black and white in the first place, so it might actually not look as good in color as it does in black and white.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I second a black and white Tattoo...that would look so cool! I'm a big black and white fan..I don't think it gets enough love next to it's brother color. :judo:

I have two tattoos Mire_Elf, one in color and one black and white. While I love my color tatoo, the black and white just has a different, more artistic, sharper feel to it. Also I think black and white fits the persona of the God Hand far better.

Oburi

All praise Grail
tattoo2w.jpg

Here's a recent pic of my brand tattoo, since the one I posted before was like 5 minutes after I got it. It is indeed bigger than the exact brand that Guts has, but i don't mind. I like that people notice it (when I cut my hair).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
Here's a recent pic of my brand tattoo, since the one I posted before was like 5 minutes after I got it. It is indeed bigger than the exact brand that Guts has, but i don't mind. I like that people notice it (when I cut my hair).

Looks good, man! :serpico:

Top Bottom