Berserk Tattoo

Rhombaad said:
Haha, it'll be at least two years before they can even be posted on here.

Unfortunately yes. I could get the brand on my chest in mehndi (skin decoration). If I can get it done then I will post some pictures here. Of course it is only temporary so it will fade away. :sad:

IncantatioN said:
Actually that's a pretty good idea ... Mehndi will sorta stay on (faded) for like 2-3 days right?

Well it depends how long you keep it on until you rub off the hardened mehndi. You are supposed to put lemon juice on it so it will last longer( well thats what my family does). It usually last 2 weeks or longer.

P

Pez

100_1613_2.jpg

It was a present for my 18th birthday. I really enjoy it. I also enjoy the random occasions every now and then when I meet someone who also has a tattoo of the brand. I went to my local gamestop and one of the employees had one on his neck, outlined in red. Also, my boyfriends father was in Massachusetts over the past week on a job and one of the workers he met there also had the brand on his neck. Fun stuff.

Does anyone here have a high res image of the skull and rose thorn that I can use?
As much as I would like to say I'm getting it as a tattoo, I'm actually intending to use it to advertise my Halloween DJ set for a competition night. I thought this would be the best thread to ask in, since people may benefit if they wish to use it for a tattoo. Thanks in advance :serpico:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Pez said:
100_1613_2.jpg

It was a present for my 18th birthday. I really enjoy it. I also enjoy the random occasions every now and then when I meet someone who also has a tattoo of the brand. I went to my local gamestop and one of the employees had one on his neck, outlined in red. Also, my boyfriends father was in Massachusetts over the past week on a job and one of the workers he met there also had the brand on his neck. Fun stuff.

Cool tattoo! It looks good. Does the neck hurt much? How funny that you've just happened across people with the brand as a tattoo; I hardly meet Berserk fans at random, yet alone those hardcore enough to get the brand.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Speaking of hardcore, I've wanted to get Guts' brand as a tattoo for a while now (blood and all), but lately I've been thinking of actually getting it branded on. I know it's getting more and more popular in the world of body modification. My plan would be to get the brand burnt on, and then when its healed (not sure if you can even say that though...) going to my tattoo artist and getting him to just tattoo the blood on.

Though I'm a little concerned on how well the brand will hold up to time compared to a tattoo, as well as the price (a metal brand actually has to be made). And I'm not even sure when to get a brand done at where I live. Every summer there is a pretty big tattoo and body mod convention held in my city, I wish I had thought of this during the summer :mozgus:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't recommend that at all. I don't think you have any idea how much actual brands hurt. They are extremely painful and can be very messy if not done by a professional (and by professional I mean a farmer who brands his cattle). Just a bad idea. Remember Bam Magera from the Jackass movie? Shit got infected and everything.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
I don't recommend that at all. I don't think you have any idea how much actual brands hurt. They are extremely painful and can be very messy if not done by a professional (and by professional I mean a farmer who brands his cattle). Just a bad idea. Remember Bam Magera from the Jackass movie? Shit got infected and everything.

Yeah, that was absolutely terrible. Getting a tattoo hurts bad enough from what I've been told, but an actual brand? Fuck that. :SK:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Oburi said:

I've had burns which lead to permanent scars in the past, and yes, extremely painful. And of course, the larger brand, on my neck would probably be that pain ten fold.

Obviously I would carefully chose a professional who has experience with such things before and look over his past work, just like I have with my tattoos. This isn't going to be some backyard attempt with a hot stick or anything. I agree though, theres is room for things to go wrong, or get infected but, I am certain that my experience with branding would be very different than Bam Margeras dicks on his ass stunt he did as a gag for a movie...

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
If I were to get the sacrifice brand, I would get it very similar to Pez's (looks great btw Pez :serpico:)
but actually branding seems riskier, getting it too look like you want it.. wouldn't want to flinch while you are getting branded, or risk a smudged brand
good luck to you if you go with the branding, make sure you don't forget to post pictures on here if you go through with it :guts:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Truder said:
but actually branding seems riskier, getting it too look like you want it.. wouldn't want to flinch while you are getting branded, or risk a smudged brand

That is my main concern. In the end which will look more like Guts, a full tattoo, or the brand/tattoo combo. I'd have to sit down and have a chat with the artist to make a final decision.

X

Xem

If you get an actual Brand you might have a hard time finding an artist who would tattoo the blood with it. I've been trying to get the Hawks logo tattoo over a scar on my stomach (caused by a hunting knife) for a while and I've always been told that they won't tattoo around scars. Something about the tissue being damaged or weakened makes it not a comfortable thing for the artist I guess.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Holy shit, a brand would be nuts. Sounds like a bad idea (Or Badical!) I can't imagine how much it would hurt. That steel has to get like...red hot. Yuck. I guess there are precautions you could take to ensure it doesn't get infected or whatever. I wasn't aware this was something that happened in the body mod culture though.

Anyways, it's your body. I'd love to see photos too.

P

Pez

Aphasia said:
Cool tattoo! It looks good. Does the neck hurt much? How funny that you've just happened across people with the brand as a tattoo; I hardly meet Berserk fans at random, yet alone those hardcore enough to get the brand.

It hurt a bit. It was my first tattoo, so I was sensitive to it. But it is small and thin, so it only took ten minutes at top.

About the brand, I would not recommend getting it. At the very least, not on your neck. I thought about the brand before I got my tattoo, however I decided that it was not about being hardcore and risking my health and disfigured neck (fucked up brand < tattoo).

Talk to people who have gotten a brand at that convention in your town and see what they have to say? They would know the most, but will probably not recommend getting it on your neck.

turkitage

ターク
Pez said:

Awesome tattoo. I've never really considered a tattoo in my life as something permanent on my body is such a body decision (I know about the removal stuff but it hurts or will still leave some kinda scar...etc.) But seeing all these branded tattoos kinda makes me want to get one (then maybe I can apply for that branded calender, eh?? ;D) Plus, it only took 10 minutes and didn't hurt that bad?? Wow, I didn't except that.. maybe I'll give it a few more years to consider it (I really don't want to be 50 years old with a family and all with an immature tattoo - I don't consider it immature now at all but probably will when I'm older... I'm assuming)

Also Pez, I can't believe it!!!! Someone else on this forum likes Tsukihime!!! yay!! I finally have someone to talk too. I love Arcueid Brunestud... I assume you've seen the awesomeness of KoK?

Jesterhead said:
Speaking of hardcore, I've wanted to get Guts' brand as a tattoo for a while now (blood and all), but lately I've been thinking of actually getting it branded on.

Don't be silly! - Though, I do find it fitting for you to be in so much pain getting an actual brand... could almost sympathize, eh?

P

Pez

I assume that in 50 years, Berserk will still be the one thing I look back on as being my favorite story. I truly think that getting a brand is not a mistake and that i will love it forever. I do feel kind of silly when people who do not know about Berserk ask me what it means (I usually summarize it by saying something like "perseverance"), but when someone approaches me and asks if it is from Berserk it always ends in a good conversation.

Also, I do love Tsukihime. Arc is my favorite, however Kohaku is pretty bad ass as well. And I have see KoK. I think Tsukihime will always be my favorite, though.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Pez said:
I do feel kind of silly when people who do not know about Berserk ask me what it means (I usually summarize it by saying something like "perseverance"), but when someone approaches me and asks if it is from Berserk it always ends in a good conversation.
Ya know I do find that to be a little annoying, I never know what to say when people not familiar with Bersek ask me what it means. Saying it's from a japanese comic doesn't exactly have the oomph I was going for, and does no justice to what it really is. I usually end up trying to elaborate it in a way they can understand which usually ends with me tripping over my words and confusing them :puck:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I wonder what Miura would say if he saw all these people getting the brand on their bodies. :schnoz:

Truder said:
I wonder what Miura would say if he saw all these people getting the brand on their bodies. :schnoz:

I think he would feel honored to some degree. Imagine people getting permanent tattoos of something you have drawn.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
On my way to work today I just randomly saw a guy in the car next to me with the brand on his neck. I have to say it made my day. Nice to see another Berserk aficionado in the ATL.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Lithrael said:
On my way to work today I just randomly saw a guy in the car next to me with the brand on his neck. I have to say it made my day. Nice to see another Berserk aficionado in the ATL.

Yea that stuff is awesome, especially since it's so rare. I'm hoping one day someone notices mine and knows what it's from and actually says something to me. So far nadda, where I live it's going to be hard, (plus I think my hair is too long).

I had someone recognize my brand tattoo this summer on the train heading into Toronto. It made my day that somebody actually recognized it! I thought he was gawking at my chest until he pointed at it and asked "Is that The Brand from Berserk?" Turned out he was a fan and mentioned wanting to get one as well.

Top Bottom